Chapter 10

Bionic Girl

              I looked at Hyunseung and the others.  Junhyung didn’t look my way, staring out the window.  I ignored him.

                “So, what I miss?”

                Dongwoon decided to speak, since no one else would.

                “You’re moving in with us, Hyunseung’s madly in love with you but you’re a crazy die hard Kikwang fan.”

                Everybody glared at him.

                “What!?”, he put his hands up, “That’s practically all we got so far, so we’ll have to go with it.”  The other five members said nothing, showing that the maknae was right.

                I looked to Lora and he shook his head, signaling that there was nothing else to do.  Sighing, I rubbed my temples in effort to block an approaching headache.

                “Fine.”

               

                I lay at home on the bed, staring at the ceiling of my room.  With Unnie gone, the house felt empty without her constant nagging at me and Lora to clean the messes we leave around.  Speaking of Lora, I haven’t talked to him ever since we got home.  I had a good reason to be angry, who wouldn’t be if they were in my position?  He had no right to tell them that story.

                Holding my human wrist in front of my face, I held out one metal finger, gently unlatching the charm bracelet.  It fell in to my hand, and I dangled it in front of my face, watching the dove and frog knock against each other.  A few chain holes away was a small blue crystal, which represented Unnie.  After opening up to her when I moved in, she took it upon herself to place herself in my life by attaching a charm of her own.  I ended up leaving it there, glad with the extra weight that hung on my wrist.  Only the people I regarded important to me had a charm on my bracelet.

                The door opened, and I immediately hid the bracelet in my now closed hand.  It was Lora, holding my luggage bags.  I stared as he put them down next to my cabinet.

                “You might want to get packing, since you leave tomorrow.”  He said gruffly before exiting.  I groaned, putting my bracelet on my desk.  Opening my closet, I threw the bags onto the bed. 

                Grabbing everything in messy piles, I stuffed them into my bag, not caring about the wrinkles.  There was one more thing hanging in my closet.  A dress that Unnie had got for me.  Thinking about leaving it there, I just stuffed it in with the rest of my clothes.  She would be sad if I left it, so I might as well bring it.

                Then using my backpack that Lora gave me, I loaded it with books and my screws and wrenches, just in case I would need it if my hand malfunctioned.  Zipping it up, I launched it towards the corner with the other bag full of clothing.

                Crawling back to my bed, I thought about the Beast members.  My top three to stay away from was pretty obvious.  Hyunseung, Kikwang, and Doojoon. 

                Hyunseung was still on my bad side, but he was the least harmless out of the three.  The only thing I was pissed at him for was for kissing me.  Kikwang was second worst, but still pretty bad to be around.  Now Doojoon was a totally different story.  He had like a freaking ‘void’ stamp on his forehead, clearing stating that I shouldn’t be in within a 5 foot radius of him.  Why?  Because Restia + Doojoon =  Explosion.  I don’t even want to know what Extremely Pissed Off Restia + Extremely Pissed off Doojoon is.  Anyways, tomorrow I’d have to try my best to stay as far away from him as possible.

                Yoseob and Dongwoon were on my neutral side.  Both had done nothing wrong so I had no reason to dislike them. 

                And last of all was Junhyung.  I had no idea what to think of him.  I had never heard him speak, I had only seen his eyes.  They seemed so familiar, like I had known a sibling of his or something.  But every time I tried to remember him from somewhere, I ended up getting a headache.    I eventually gave up, hoping it’ll come to me later on.  For now, I’ll put him as an unknown, since I don’t know where he stands. 

                I closed my eyes, my brain jumbled from all the events that happened today.

 

                The next day, Lora drove to me to Beast’s apartment.  Again, it was silent in the car ride there.  Once we got there, I saw Dongwoon and Yoseob waiting outside.  I sighed in relief, for them being my two neutrals.  I got out of the car. 

                “Morning Restia!”  Yoseob chirped happily.  He skipped to the trunk, opening it for me.  Reaching out for my luggage, I set my hand on his arm.          

                “I’m not weak, I can get it myself.”

                He smiled at me.  “Silly, I know that.  I want to get it for you.” 

                Walking inside the building, he left me a bit taken aback at his answer.  Dongwoon walked over next to me, picking up the backpack. 

                “Hey-whoa!“, He nearly dropped it, and I chuckled.  He flushed red, and then confidently swung it on his shoulder.  I followed him into the building, giving a slight nod of the head to Lora, who waved from the car before leaving.  Entering the elevator down the hall, he spoke.

                “So dongsaeng, before we get ther-“

                “Whoa whoa whoa,”  I stopped him, “Dongsaeng?”

                 He grinned at me.  “Yup.  We’re all older than you.  So you should call me oppa!”

                 “Not a chance in the world.”  I replied with a smirk.  He pouted, and then resumed what he was going to say before I interrupted him.

                 “Since the six of us share a room, you’ll have to bunk with one of us or sleep on the couch.  Or you could sleep in Manager hyung’s room, but it kind of smells.”  He crinkled his nose.

                  I laughed.  “I’ll take the couch then.”

                 The ride up with nice, I ended up getting along with Dongwoon pretty quickly.  By the time we got to the right floor, he had ended up switching from my neutral category to my friend category.

                 Walking out of the elevator, he bumped into my bionic hand.

                 “Sorry,”  he said, eyeing it, “Does it hurt?”

                 I shook my head, flexing it.  “No, I can’t feel anything with this hand.  I can just move it.”  He stared for a while as he walked, and ended up running into an opening door.

                 “Oof...”  He fell backwards and I chuckled, helping him up.

                 “You ok?”

                He nodded, rubbing his nose.  The person behind the door came out.  It was Yoseob.  Seeing what happened, he looked at me innocently.

                “Did I do that?”

 

 

 

 

ARGH...this was a weird chapter...