Chapter 4

Bionic Girl

                -3 months ago, The New me

                After I left the hospital, I became reserved, I didn’t talk to anyone, and my words began to disappear, to only come out at night, when I would talk to myself.  My hair grew out, covering my eyes, and I wore dark clothes that would cover the pale almost translucent skin that I accustomed to when I was in the hospital for two and a half months. 

               Teachers at school were even a bit afraid of me, even Principal Bradley, who was a freaking army general with the students. Other kids began rumors about me, too scared to even come near me.  I got dubbed as the ‘outcast’ in my school.

                Oh ya, you should remember that I was supposed to be living in my own apartment, and living off of the bank account that my so-called parents left me.  But turns out, they left me nothing and took off to some unknown place, changing their identities as well so I couldn’t find them.

                This left me to bunk at Unnie’s house, paying off the rent by helping with chores.  I tried getting a job to actually pay her money, but I ended up scaring people away when I showed them my bionic hand.  I almost got a job at the library, but the guy there thought my hand was costume and tried to pull it off, which led me to accidently push him out the window.  (I was still getting used to my hand’s super strength at the time)

                Ya, it was pretty quiet during this month.  Beast went off to America for promotions, and their president managed to stop all articles about me and my connection to them from getting released.  I forgot about them, well, until, they came back two months later.

 

                -2 months ago, a friend

                Lora became my first friend.  I actually met him first in the supermarket.  He was a big hulk of a guy, hunched over sorting vegetables.  It was quite comical at first, but I was surprised with his way around vegetables.  You ask him about any green plant, and he could go on forever about it.  Trust me, once the word “spinach” came out of my mouth, it was long past 10 hours before he finally shut up.  He also does it in his sleep, which is a bit creepy.

               He was in a bit of a financial problem with some thugs, and I ended up fighting beside him when they came to the supermarket and started knocking everything over.  You see, those types of guys just really piss me off.  Relying on their strength to rule over other people, you ever heard of earning your own money?  Geez.

                From then on, he just kind of went everywhere with me, like a bodyguard, though I didn’t ask him too.  He always told me it was to repay what I did with fighting those thugs, but I didn’t believe him. Then after figuring out he didn’t really have a family, I felt like he was kind of like me, and I let him stay.  Unnie also let him bunk with us, since she had an extra room. 

                Beast was still in the US, and even with a freaking ocean between us, they ended up annoying the crap out of me.  Unfortunately, those devils happened to ensare Unnie in their little spell, and she became an official fan of Beast, or B2TY as she calls it, somewhere at the end of this month.

 

-1 month ago, Beast comes back from their US promotions, articles released

                Yay…

                Not.

                Beast came back to Korea and it was complete chaos.  Their return was all over the news, and fans flocked in hundreds to the airport, where I just inconveniently happened to be at the time.

                I was watching Unnie board her plane when I saw them.

                They looked exactly the same as I last saw them, except that some had dyed their hair.  Beast’s shorter idiot saw me, and pointed me out to the other members.  They all looked at me, and I turned to leave.

                “Hey wait!  Restia!”

                 A hand gripped my shoulder and I immediately grabbed it with my bionic one, instincts coming into play.  Looking up to see the orange-haired, well, now blond-haired guy’s face contorted in pain at my strong superhuman grip, I let go. 

                “Sorry.”

                "It's alright."

                 He smiled down at me, but I saw it from the corner of my eye, too busy looking around at the fans and reporters who were watching us.  I saw one face light up in recognition, then two, three-

                 “Hey!  Isn’t that the girl who slapped our Kikwang oppa?”

                   ...

                  .

                  Those were the words that started it all.

                  Over again.