Trouble

If You Dont Mean It

 

Three empty boxes of ramyun sat the top of the dining room table of the CNBLUE dorm, which had been made a study room for both You and Minhyuk. You both had also devoured the ramyun during your study break, one each and sharing the third together since you both couldn’t take so much spicy flavour.

It was now 1AM in the morning, and You had fallen asleep on the table with Minhyuk also fast asleep beside you. An hour ago, Jonghyun took the liberty of dimming the lights and left a cherry blossom scented candle next to the empty containers of ramyun. Such a sweet boy he was under that ‘burning’ attitude, wasn’t he?

You began to wake up slowly, rubbing your eyes but keeping them closed. The scent of the candle tickled your nose and made you feel like you were dreaming. Getting comfortable again, You dozed off again, finding it comfy stretching your arms down the table, the slight warmth of the candle, warming your body.  A few minutes into you going back to sleep, a hand reached for your hand at the top of the table, You quickly reacted, jolting the hand of yours. Minhyuk was still fast asleep but was mumbling and moving… You thought it was quite cute…

‘Aish!’ a voice groaned loudly, it couldn’t have come from Minhyuk though.

 

You immediately got up to see the ramyun boxes aflame; the candle had tipped and Yonghwa was there on time to scold you.

 

‘You!’ He called your name, ‘What do you think you’re doing? You shouldn’t even be here anymore’

 

‘Miyanae’ You stood then bowed the lowest you could go,

 

‘Ya! Show some respect’ Yonghwa scowled, as he tossed the burning boxes into the sink, letting war pour over it as smoke lifted from the basin. Minhyuk still remained asleep, he sure was a deep sleeper; even during such an argument.

 

At that moment, something clicked in your head; you remembered today’s study with Minhyuk earlier,

 

‘Choesunghamnida’ You bowed again before picking up your Doraemon pencil case and folder, and then immediately leaving their dorm. As you quickly closed the front door behind you, you stood for a second and took a deep breath and tucked the drifting strands of your fringe behind your ear. Just as you were about to leave down the staircase, the door abruptly opened and Yonghwa stood in front of you.

 

‘I knew you were trouble, You’ He confronted you with his arms crossed,

 

‘Choesunghamnida’ You apologised, bowing again for like, the millionth time that night

 

Yonghwa scoffed, and almost rolled his eyes.

 

‘Is that all you can say?’ He said, ‘Maybe you really do need to get help with learning Korean’

 

 


 

A few days had passed since the ramyun-candle incident. You and RockCandy hadn’t bumped into CNBLUE, especially Yonghwa since then. RockCandy’s debut was in seven days, and You and your band was in the band van on the way to the rehearsal room to practice for the debut concert.

 

You looked out the window, not in the mood to talk with the band, which were curious with how your first study session had gone, but you definitely didn’t want to talk about it.

 

A vibration tickled your leg as you realised your phone was ringing. Ollette, Cherry and Ria suddenly went quiet, also just as curious to hear who was on the other line.

 

‘Yobseo?’ You answered, before a deep authoritative voice replied,

 

‘You? Is that you?’ the FNC President said, ‘Where is RockCandy?’

 

‘We’re on the way for a rehearsal’ You replied, actually unsure now,

 

‘Tell the driver to head back to CNBLUE’s rehearsal room instead. We’re going to have a brief meeting’ He instructed you as you then proceeded to inform the driver, who then did a U-Turn, heading the other direction.

 

Ollette, Cherry and Ria squealed at the news of spontaneously going to see CNBLUE. They were still fan girls at heart, despite being KPOP idols themselves. Cherry had begun applying make-up, Ollette fixed her hair for the twentieth time that morning and Ria begun to chew on super mint chewing gum.

 

Twenty minutes later, You and RockCandy had arrived at the CNBLUE Rehearsal room after climbing a fleet of stairs, which was actually good exercise, helping to tone your legs. The building itself wasn’t exciting or glamorous, but you assumed that was intentional so fans wouldn’t line up for CNBLUE all the time; none of them would assume that they would have band rehearsal there.

 

Your heart begun to beat a little quickly as Ollette knocked on the door as you were still too scared to. Seconds later, Jungshin opened the door with a wide and friendly smile, as he greeted You and your band.

 

‘Annyeonghaseyo’, everyone greeted as Minhyuk and Jonghyun also made their war to the door to greet RockCandy.

 

Seeing Minhyuk made you slightly at ease, such a cute and friendly face had such an effect of course.

 

‘Come in!’ Jonghyun clapped his hands happily, as the boys moved from the entrance towards their respected instruments. Leaving a lonely guitar at the front, for Yonghwa who didn’t appear to be there.

 

‘Hyung will be coming with President’ Minhyuk informed everyone, giving you a smile before getting into the zone and being one with the drum.

 

Jonghyun and Jungshin tuned the bass and guitar, whilst Cherry and Ria assisted. Ollette sat quietly though, not interested in Minhyuk, waiting for Yonghwa.

 

You sat on the stool at the front of the bad looking at the mirror on the wall facing you. Through the mirror you noticed Yonghwa’s white guitar in its stand, all polished and pretty.

 

‘Ah! You’ Minhyuk called you, finished with his drumming warm up, ‘Why don’t you play guitar whilst we wait?’

 

‘Really?’ You replied, blushing a bit since you hadn’t really performed in front of CNBLUE yet. Minhyuk picked up Yonghwa’s white guitar and handed it to you as you still sat. He bent down to meet your eyes, up close he was no longer cute, but so manly and handsome, how could you say no, now?

 

‘Fighting!’ He whispered, sending a strange tingle through your body. You stood up and put on the guitar strap, adjusting it to suit your body since it was suit to fit it’s owner.

 

The three girls and guys all cheered and got ready. The girls picked up spare microphones becoming backup singers whilst the guys stuck to their instruments.

 

Minhyuk tapped in the song with his drum sticks, everyone about to play till you gestured your hand to signal them to stop.

 

‘Wait’ You said, ‘What are we going to perform?’

 

‘Anything you want’ Jonghyun replied smoothly, his smile just the same,

 

‘How about one of our English songs?’ Jungshin suggested, ‘How about ‘Where You Are’?’

 

A smile formed on your face, the boys were so thoughtful and luckily you knew the chords for the song as well as the lyrics.

 

‘Let’s do this!’ You called out, as Minhyuk tapped into the song once again.

 

Jonghyun began to power into the introduction of the song with his electric guitar, then Jungshin on the bass followed, with precise movement.  You followed them with rhythm guitar, Yonghwa’s part and begun to sing. Minhyuk soon eased his way in with the drums, everything sounding perfect. The girls added their own flair as backup singers, the song just as fierce and you began to completely let go at the chorus.

 

I’m searching where you are, Oh shining down on me from where you are,

 

I’ll always be right there, baby, always be right there, baby…

 

With the last words, you bent to the ground on your knees, still rocking on the guitar, completely in the zone, like exactly at a rock concert, and sung

 

Oh please touch my body and my face…

 

You run your fingers through your hair and stared into the mirror as you sung, before you got up and sung the rest of the song.

 

 But suddenly,

 

‘Yah!’ With that one exclamation, the band stopped, the lead for your guitar had been pulled out of the amp and was hanging by the hand of one of the least people you wanted to see…