Frustration

If You Dont Mean It

 

How it had come to this. You weren’t entirely sure; the moments from when you left the café to chase Yonghwa were a blur. Why you were even chasing him in the first place, made you think that something was completely wrong with your mind.

 

“I am going to get you!” You raged, half of your emotions frustrated with the lead singer, the other half in a joking mood.

 

You held a cushion and held it back with one hand ready to throw, you had it grabbed from the couch of the CNBLUE dorm where Yonghwa sat cross legged, hiding his face behind another cushion. He moved the dark blue cushion slightly to side, taking a glimpse at your apparent outrage.

 

“Pause!” He shouted, cowering behind the cushion again, before panning it down, his eyes meeting yours, stopping for a good second before a look formed on his face as if he was investigating you.

 

Your face flushed a warm shade of red as you lowered your arm, retreating from the cushion attack. You tried to stop yourself from being self-conscious as he continued to take a good look at you.

 

Why are we fighting again?” Yonghwa asked, he seemed sincere, but you weren’t going to fall for that, or were you?

 

“Because-” You tried to reason confidently but… “You changed my coffee order without even telling me, then you… then…”

 

Ya~” He looked like he was going to crack up at your stuttering but held it in, “You don’t even know what you’re saying”

 

You groaned out of frustration before falling back onto the other side of the sofa and stuffing your face in the cushion. After inhaling and exhaling, yelling and screaming, You raised your head up to find Yonghwa standing in front of you carrying a tray, holding what seemed to be a latte.

 

“What’s this?” You asked rudely, you waited for his smart reaction, but he simply smiled, holding the beverage out to you.

 

“I didn’t think that you’d get that bothered over coffee”Yonghwa replied, now placing the drink into your hands.

 

You took a sip, avoiding his glance. It sure tasted good, even with a hint of caramel.

 

“It wasn’t because of the coffee” You said, not realising how coffee-hungry you were that you had instantly finished the drink, “It’s because of you!”

 

Yonghwa placed his hand over his chest as if he was offended, but his face showed otherwise.

 

“What did I do?” He asked childishly, placing the tray on the coffee table before bending down before you to meet your face.

 

“You-” You were ready to accuse him for so many things, “You… you.. you!”

 

Sneering, Yonghwa looked at you again, resting his hand on your knee. If you weren’t sitting down, who knows what would’ve happened.

 

“You… You what?” He asked, as if he didn’t know you were completely lost.

 

You closed your eyes shut for a few seconds, hoping he’d disappear. But as soon as you widened them again, the complete opposite had happened, Yonghwa had come even closer.

 

“________” Your name melted by the time it escaped his lips that made their way centimetres towards yours, “You like me, don’t you?”

 

You took in a deep breath; consisting of the only air you could get from how near Yonghwa was to you. He smelt like a typical guy, though despite that, you still found yourself intrigued.

 

You turned your head to the side, leaving his lips lingering by your cheek and neck. How were you going to reply to that? You didn’t want him to win. Not at any cost.

 

“If you’re not going to reply” Yonghwa had begun to whisper this time, aware that your ear was closer this time to his mouth, “I’m just going to have to make you…”

 

Without a thought, You turned your head back to stop him. Forgetting how ‘intimate’ he had gotten. Once again, your faces were aligned, only just separated. He wasn’t fazed by your sudden reaction, but was rather pleased.

 

“So we meet again?” Yonghwa smirked over confidently, his eyes and gaze drifting to your lips,

 

Irritation bubbled up inside you. First he couldn’t stand you, but now he wants you?

 

You grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him lightly to the ground, he fell onto his back as he chuckled.

 

“Why are you laughing?!” You raised your voice, totally bewildered by him.

 

“You’re funny” He replied, sitting upright, crossing his legs once again.

 

You were way beyond annoyed so you stomped your way to the dorm’s front door, ready to leave such a nuisance of a person. As you tried to turn the knob, it begun to turn the other direction; did he also have magical powers or something?

 

You groaned, and gave up on the door as it opened, revealing minhyuk holding a bag of groceries. After what had happened, seeing Minhyuk brought a sense of calm over you, even though he was your boyfriend, until now, you had never felt so glad to see him. You were so glad that you embraced him so tightly that he dropped the bag by his feet as he returned the hug.

 

“There’s no reporters around” Minhyuk said, thinking you’re actions were the result of acting. Still, he held onto you.

 

“Even better” You replied, slowly letting go, looking into his warm eyes, “Thank you for that”

 

You could tell that the drummer was blushing no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

 

“You can come to me anytime” He smiled, bowing then picking up the dropped goods.

 

“You know” You heard Yonghwa murmur from the sofa, “I was here”