Bowling Shoes

If You Dont Mean It

"Oppa?" You let yourself into the CNBLUE dorm, where Minhyuk was said to be practicing his script for the Music Bank.

"_________?"

Your attention was drawn to the hallway, and eventually to Minhyuk's room. You slowly made your way to his door, before you hesitantly opened it to reveal him already in the doorway, standing with his hands in his pockets, his room lightly dimmed behind him.

"It feels like I haven't seen you for a while" He admitted honestly as he stretched out his hand to tuck stray strands of your fringe behind your ear.

You took a half a step back at his approach before lightly shooing away his hand.

"Have you been practicing your lines well?" You asked in Korean, forcing a small smile.

Minhyuk chuckled at your attempt at Korean, realising that you must have made a small mistake in the pronounciation but he was still able to understand.

"I've practiced well" He replied, moving back to let you into his room, "Come in, and I'll let you have a preview"

You nodded and took a step into his immaculately clean bedroom, even with the lights only barely just on, you could tell that it was almost spotless.

Minhyuk sat himself onto the only seat in the room, his computer chair, leaving you to sit yourself on his perfect white sheeted bed. You tried to make yourself comfortable, but it seemed almost impossible to do so.

He begun to clear his throat, but he continued to cough without starting his lines.

"Yah... Are you okay?" You asked in a casual manner,

"Ah... Something doesn't feel right" Minhyuk said, as he rose up from his seat, "I'm not in the right mindset.. If I'm going to rehearse, I should do it as if it's the real thing"

You nodded at his sudden philosophic moment, watching as he walked towards his closet, flicking through garments hung on hangers and finally stopping at a simple yet sophisticated suit, compete with a bow tie.

"Is that what you're gonna be wearing?" You tried to not have any awkward moments by making conversation.

"Mhmm" He simply replied before facing the other direction from you and began to timidly take off the tshirt he had been wearing.

 

'Aigooo' You immediately thought, you placed your hands on your cheeks to feel them burning up at the speed of light.

You had become immediately silent and Minhyuk had realised it too. He turned around slowly, his shirt already off, simply hanging onto him by his arms. An innocent grin formed on his face as you continued to mindlessly stare.

"You're red" He grinned again, "Is it too hot in here?"

'Oh gosh, he didnt mean it in that way' You thought, as you tried to look away, but it was as if his toned body, and those beautifully muscled arms were calling you.

"Y-You..." You stuttered, like a high school girl speaking to the kingka, "You do things so suddenly"

Minhyuk chuckled at what you had just said and completely removed his shirt, before tossing it into the laundry basket.

"This is normal" He said plainly, as he picked up his dress shirt for the suit, "I'm your boyfriend and you're my girl"

"But it's only because-" You had been cut off as Minhyuk sat himself beside you, his shirt still in hand and not put on.

"Shh" He whispered softly, placing a finger over your lips, "I get it..."


"How could you forget your bowling shoes?" Jungshin flailed his arms in the little space that was in the group van.

"I got... distracted" Yonghwa sighed, a little smile forming on the corner of those lips,

"Why can't you just use the shoes there?" Jonghyun, asked irritatedly, "It took us half an hour to get there, and now we're wasting another half hour to go back to the dorm"

Yonghwa laughed on the inside. It was just another one of his tactics. Could the leader of CNBLUE really forget his shoes? Of course not. They were tucked snuggily beneath the passenger seat of the van. He just wanted to head back to the dorm, to see a particular someone.

"This it eating into our rehearsal time" Jungshin crossed his arms in defeat, "I dont feel like bowling anymore"

"Yah!" Yonghwa raised his voice authoritatively, "We already payed for our games, so we will get my shoes and then we will go back and bowl, Okay?!"

Jonghyun and Jungshin scoffed and rolled their eyes before silencing themselves, not wanting to make their hyung mad.


A strange tingling sensation ran up and down your spines as Minhyuk's innocent lips met your right cheek, his hand reaching for yours as he got even closer.

"Oppa" You tried to stop him but the words ran back inside you as he gently pushed you back, your instincts forcing you to hold onto those built arms. "I.. I don't want to.."

You could feel his light laughter on your neck, as he layed kisses onto you.

"Don't worry" He said softly, "I won't make you do anything you don't want to"

At that moment you immediately thought of Yonghwa. Even though you were lying on Minhyuk's bed, with him almost completely on top of you if it werent for his hands and arms by the sides of you that kept him up; that cheeky face of Yonghwa still came into mind.

"What are you thinking of?" Minhyuk asked from above you, his eyes more deeper, more manlier than you had ever seen them.

Ignorant of the situation, you smiled bashfully at your thoughts. Keeping to yourself, Minhyuk continued to admire you, as he played with your messed up hair.

For a second you thought you were so lost in your mind that you could hear Yonghwa's voice. You know, the way he would sing when he was looking for something.

'Bowling shoes my sarang, where are you?'

The faint sound of his voice became clearer and louder, as if he were at the door.

"Uh, Hyung's here"

Minhyuk's voice got husky, as he instantly got up from his position, standing himself by the side of the crumpled sheeted bed, as you snapped out of your thoughts and got up to sit yourself on its edge, as if you had been like that for the whole time.

"Have you seen my-"

The room door, creaked open, Yonghwa's light yet attractive scent filling the room. You watched his happily singing face, slowly drop as his eyes met Minhyuk's, followed by yours.

"____________" Yonghwa sounded as if he choked,

"Op...ah- Sunbae" You corrected yourself in Minhyuk's presence.

"Hyung!" Minhyuk greeted him cheerfully, forgetting the fact that he was shirtless, "What are you looking for?"

Yonghwa's gaze drew back to yours, giving you a solemn look, like he was asking for an explanation.

"I was looking..." He tried to reply, "Looking for...my shoes, my bowling shoes"

Minhyuk chuckled as he placed a hand on Yonghwa's shoulder, as if he were the hyung, "I dont think out of all places, they'd be in my room"

You cleared your throat to signal that you wanted to speak, the two gave you their attention as you focused on neither one of them, despite addressing Yonghwa.

"Weren't you holding them on the way out?" You asked, trying to be helpful,

"Pabo" Yonghwa whispered under his breath, before speaking once again at a normal tone, "Anyways, by the looks of it, I came at a bad timing"

Minhyuk nodded in agreement as he subtly pushed Yonghwa out the door.

"Wait" You interupted, rising up from your seat on the bed,

The two looked to you again, like it wasnt already enough pressure.

"Let me help Sunbae find his shoes"