Need You Now

If You Dont Mean It

Today was the day. The day of the Music Bank where Minhyuk would be MC'ing and when you were supposed to be leading the specially formed Super Girl Band. It was also the day where you'd tell the FNC President that the arranged ccuple was over.

You sat in the lobby of the FNC Building, fiddling with a guitar pick that you had found in the pocket of the long light pink cardigan that you wore with your casual dress. You didn't want to be alone to spill the beans, inside you were terrified of what would be the effects of admitting the end of the arranged couple, for you, CNBLUE and RockCandy.

"The President will see you" The receptionist informed you from behind her desk.

You hesitantly got up, and made your way towards the elevator that would lead to the level where the Presidents grand office was. The doors made a small 'ding', as the doors opened revealing Ollette, Ria and Cherry, about to exit.

"What are you girls doing here?" You asked as the leader.

The girls stepped out of the elevator and exchanged looks before answering your question.

"We were called in" Cherry spoke up, "They wanted to talk to us"

"Oh" You replied, clearly confused sbout what was going on.

Ollette rolled her eyes and took a step forwards towards you, almost as if she was going to confront you.

"Long story short" She began, "With you dropping out of the show, they still needed a representative of RockCandy to front the performance"

Ria slowly pulled Ollette back to stand in line with the two of them, and so she could speak too.

"They decided on Ollette to take your place" Ria explained while tring to be comforting at the same time, "They wanted it to be similar to the Super Idol Band that the boys were part of.. Where Minhyuk was the leader"

"And because I'm a drummer and he's a drummer too" Ollette smirked, "It made sense.... Plus, Minhyuk-sunbae approved it himself aswell"

You instantly felt as if the sharp daggering pain had returned despite the truckload of medicine and remedies you had taken. But clearly, something more than that was hurting you.

"Did he really say so himself?" You asked, "He didn't even oppose the idea?"

"Some boyfriend he is" Ollette snarled, "...Or maybe, some girlfriend you are"

Ria and Cherry looked to one another, wondering between them which of them would halt the possible cat fight.

"It's over" You said plainly, staring each and everyone of your fellow members in the eye, "Minhyuk and I... we're over"

You took a deep breath, half glad that you finally admitted it to people outside of the triangle situation but still hurt at the fact that Minhyuk had gotten over you in less than 24 hours. Sure it was a greedy thought to want to have him liking you despite you were in a relationship with someone else, but it was still too soon, too soon for him to act that way.

"I'm sorry but what did I just hear?"

The elevator behind you and the girls gave another ding, this time with the FNC President coming out its shiny silver doors. Instantly, RockCandy bowed in respect before you and your band answered.

"President" You bowed once more on your own, "I've come to inform you about what's happening with the arranged couple"

He gave you a confused face, crossing his arms as he listened to your explanation.

"I thought you were still recovering" The President tilted his head, "I'm sure whatever you need to tell me can wait till you're well"

You sighed out of frustration but tried to hide it so it wouldnt be considered as disrespect.

"I appreciate the fact that the arrangement was done out of assistance to me and in particularly RockCandy" You begun to explain, "But I can no longer be part of it. I can't love someone that I don't have feelings for"

Ria and Cherry gasped at your confession, despite already knowing about 'the split', whilst Ollette pretended to be interested even though all she cared about what was going to happen with her.

"I see" The FNC President replied plainly, uncrossing his arms and gesturing to the empty meeting room on the same level, "______ come this way and we'll have a chat about this"


The contact between your fist and the door of the CNBLUE dorm door was colder than usual, like it bit at your clenched fingers with every knock. You didnt expect anyone to answer, seeing that the Music Bank was to start in just a few hours, but the door crept open.

"________"

A grin formed on Yonghwa's face as his eyes met yours. It gave you a tingling feeling like no other, but it wasnt enough for you to keep in the tears that flooded down your face.

You ran into his arms, as he wrapped them around you at the sight of the first tears. Sobbing into his chest, he slowly moved the both of you to the couch in thr dorm lounge room, still holding you im his embrace.

"Why are you crying? Who did this to you?!" Yonghwa asked out of reflex, caught off guard, not knowing what to do.

You cried silently, your tears loud enough to show your low moment. His shirt was soaked with your raw emotion but the warmth of his touch was enough to get you to speak up.

"I can't love you" You cried, instantly tearing up, burying your face in his chest once again.

You felt him freeze for a second, his arms had tensed and his heart skipped a beat.

"W-why?!" He stuttered despite his anger and his chest now breathing more heavier.

"I'm going to lose it" You tried to make words to make sense, "Being leader, the band, everything"

Yonghwa remained silent as he slowly patted your back before distancing himself from you for a moment.

"How'd they found out?" He asked, eyes focused on his hands rather than you.

"I told them that I couldnt be with Minhyuk anymore" You confessed, drying the last of your tears.

"Did you say why?" Yonghwa continued with the questioning, "Did you say that it was because of me?"

You shook your head and took a breath and grabbed his hand to reassure him.

"Whoever it is, they said, that man has no part in my life right now" You quoted the words of the President.

"You're not going to believe that, are you?" His breathing became heavier, as he tightened his hold of your hand.

"I have no other choice" You had almost choked on those words as you avoided his piercing eyes that were filled with his passion, "I've got nothing else if I do otherwise"

"You have me!" Yonghwa pleaded, tugging you towards him as he enveloped you in his arms, going straight in for it as he kissed you with all the might inside of him.

You took a breath as he released you for just a second,

"If I cant have you tomorrow" He pushed you down onto your back on the couch, his arms propping him up as he inched closer and closer to you, his breath tickling your neck as his lips swooped past on the way to yours, "Then I need you now"