Still In Love

If You Dont Mean It

"Look how packed our schedule is!"

The whole of RockCandy had gathered in the dorm lounge room and you had kept to yourself, sitting in the only single lounge, your face buried behind your copy of the schedule. You remained silent, feeling as if the schedule revolved around the problem that you felt you had started.

"I was going to head to the beach" Ollette complained as usual, "Out of Korea"

"And I was going to actually go to some of my classes back at my hometown university" Cherry added.

Ria, unlike the other two, almost kept completely quiet before having her whispery input,

"...My boyfriend wants to see me"

At those words, you had lost it. It had triggered the empty hole inside of you that you had tried to fill the past few days since the last time you had spoken, seen or touched Yonghwa.

"We are a band!" You shouted, your fist clenched by your side whilst your other hand had crumpled the sheet of paper you were holding, "You all trained to be here. So don't complain!"

"We're not complaining!" Ollette had flipped, rising from her position on the carpet, "We're just fed up with our lives revolving around your inability to do what youre told!"

You took a second to think. Part of what she had said was true, but who was she to say such things.

"The only reason you have a problem with me not being with Minhyuk, is because-" You had caught yourself before placing yourself in a trap.

"Because what?!" She dared to stare you down, pointing her freshly filed nail into your shoulder,

You glanced at Ollette briefly, enough for her to take back her stare as her gaze fell to the ground and you gave both Ria and Cherry an apologetic look as you stormed out of the dorm, not knowing how to control your emotions that had clearly been rocked by a certain rock band leader.


"Yah, hyung!"

Jonghyun ran a few metres to catch up with Yonghwa who was jogging a little quicker than usual along the Han River.

"Hyung" He repeated himself, the leader clearly engrossed in his excercise, "Hyung!"

Comimg to an abrupt halt, Yonghwa paused, taking out his earphone from his left ear, turning to face Jonghyun who had begun to catch his breath,

"What?" Yonghwa said without feeling, you'd think he'd be acting but it was real.

"You have the face of a man who's hearts been broken" Jonghyun teased to break the tension, "I'm pretty sure that Minhyuk was the one who got dumped, but he looks like he's doing good"

Yonghwa smirked for a second before dropping the smile, the calm wind from the river flickering his stray strands of hair.

"Didnt you hear?" He said so bittersweetly, "They're back together"

"Really?" Jonghyun smiled for his bellow bandmate, "I guess that explains Minhyuk's mood... But what about you?"

"What about me?" Yonghwa asked, the tone as if he was speaking like he had been abandoned.

The two picked up the pace, following the along side the Han with the mid afternoon sun, only just breaking through.

"Woah, could it be-" The second hyung covered his mouth as he gasped, "You were in love with the same girl too?"

Yonghwa began to no longer walk, but increased his speed little by little, getting into a jog before his full paced run whilst Jonghyun tried to keep up.

"'Were'?"  He repeated him, "I'm still in love"

"With Minhyuk's girlfriend?!" Jonghyun tried to comprehend,

"No" Yonghwa killed the speculation, "The one with Minhyuk, I have no idea about her... The girl I know, she still loves me too; like I love her"

"But thats the same girl, it is!" He wouldnt give up till his hyung admitted it.

"You tell me" Yonghwa called out, running to his full potential, leaving Jonghyun behind to ponder on what he may or may not have admitted.


You loved being outside; the wind, the sound of moving water, the fresh air. It was so different to the bright lights of the stages, the smell of hotels and the endless trips in the van.

For all the time you had been in Korea; in training for your debut and as a kpop star yourself; you never had the chance to experience the Han River, of all experiences that you had.

Your sunshine yellow dress danced with the wind, and it was all you needed to regather your thoughts after such a commotion.

"______-ah"

You thought the tall grass was calling to you as you treaded on them, as you ventured off the main path to get a better look of the river.

"______!"

You bent down and pulled a long reed to poke the surface tension of the water, ripples moving outwards in your reflection.

"You're gonna fall in, be careful!"

"Yah!" You screamed, terrified by the sudden voice as you almost completely fell into the large body of water.

"I told you!" Minhyuk let out his hand to you. You hesitantly accepted it, as you stood upright once again.

"I'm fine" You said softly, treading heavily out of the grass, back onto the pavement.

"...That's good" He replied, scratching the back of his neck, "..I've missed you"

You looked into his eyes emotionless, before looking away.

"I guess so"

"But I'm going to be seeing more of you" Minhyuk smiled innocently but the short-fused you took it the wrong way,

"Excuse me?!" You folded your arms over your chest.

"Oh.. We've been scheduled onto a few variety shows" He explained, "You got the schedule, didnt you?"

You recalled the moment you threw the paper ball you made of your schedule into the bin.

"It's okay" Minhyuk continued to carry the conversation, "I can get you one"

You took a step forward along with a deep breath but avoided his face,

"Minhyuk" You addressed him, hastily taking his hand, "You care for me too much. I meant what I did when I said I didn't feel the same way"

It was almost an all too familiar scene like one in the many many many dramas but you couldnt help it.

"So did I" Minhyuk drew you closer to him, "I still love you"