In My Head

If You Dont Mean It

"I can't believe we did that" You sat on the couch of your dorm, staring blankly ahead.

"It's okay..." Your 'boyfriend' placed his hand on top of yours, trying his best to comfort you.

You didn't make any movement, letting your hand remain on your leg lifelessly.

"Is it, really?" You asked, completely uncertain of yourself. You dared not to face Minhyuk just yet, afraid that he'd break down in some way.

Rising from the grape purple couch, Minhyuk kneeled before you, trying to get a better look of your face, more so, your eyes.

"Well, it's kind of my fault" He admitted, reaching for your hand once again

"It should have been you though" You rested your gaze into his, returning the grasp of his hand, "It wasn't meant to be with any one else. We did it so many times before, and that one time that everyone got to see it, it wasn't you..."

"Yah" Minhyuk smiled, holding your face with his palm, "It was just one song, and it was only Yonghwa-hyung. It doesn't bother me, so it shouldn't bother you"

You forced a smile onto your face, just enough to get him to believe that you weren't feeling bad for the spontaneous last performance at RockCandy's debut.

"How about we watch it together?" He suggested, reaching for the DVD remote, already hitting the play button without your reply.

The debut concert had begun playing, starting with the individual buttons before transitioning into a whir as Minhyuk pressed the fast forward button. You were secretly hoping that he'd press it for too long, that he'd miss that one certain performance.

"Do we have to?" You pleaded like a child, ready to pounce for the remote.

"I actually haven't seen it" Minhyuk admitted, a silly smile on his face that you knew would instantly disappear when hit hit the play...

The one performance begun to play on the large tv hanging in the RockCandy dorm lounge room...

"Hey everyone, I'm __________" Your introduction began to play, "During the night, we've been receiving a lot of requests for an english song performance"

The immense crowd of SweetTooth's began to holler and cheer, the volume enough to break the surround sound speakers.

"So for a last minute song, I'm going to sing 'In My Head'" You watched yourself announce it nervously, "No, not CNBLUE, but Jason Derulo but with the help of my CNBLUE sunbae, Yonghwa"

You could feel Minhyuk move to the end of his seat as he watched the performance already intensely.

Yonghwa emerged from behind the side stage curtains, his infamous white electric guitar already strapped on as he approached the microphone on the stand, besides yours that was set up just as well.

The crowds cheers subsided slightly, as they assumed it would be a sound and safe performance. Watching it on replay, you still felt the same emotions that you had on stage. You knew what the SweetTooths wanted, they wanted a thrilling performance, so you also knew that you had to work with what you had.

Yonghwa begun with a sweet shredding of the guitar as the rocked up intro for the song before you came in with the verse, then Yonghwa powered into the pre-chorus,

Just leave with me now. Say the word and we’ll go.

I’ll be your teacher. I’ll show you the ropes.

You’ll see a side of love you’ve never known.

I can see it going down, going down.  

From the chorus onwards, you sat and watched uncomfortably. You mean, who wouldn't, watching themselves sing such lyrics whilst dancing smoothly around a microphone stand as if it were a pole, and randomly parading around a guy they thought they had no feelings for in such a manner.

In my head, I see you all over me

In my head, you fulfill my fantasy.

You’ll be screaming out.

In my head, it’s going down. In my head, it’s going down. In my-

"Ah.. I think that's enough.." You successfully grabbed the remote and smashed the buttons till the DVD player turned off, the tv screen now black.

You turned to see what Minhyuk's expression was like, and to your surprise, his face was a tomato red shade.

"Oppa" You addressed him whilst waving your hand in front of his face where a silly grin lay.

You then proceeded to flicking his forehead to which he shook his head, finally back to reality.

"Oh" He blushed again, "Mianhe... I got caught up with watching it"

"Riiiight" You replied, hiding the remote behind your back, "And how do you feel about it?"

"Oh... uh.. yeah" He smiled bashfully, then trying to avoid your question, "Is it me, or is it kind of hot in here?"

You gestured to your sweatpants and off-shoulder jumper,

"Winter's nearly over but it's still cold" You laughed, till you realised he was sort of sweating, "Oppa, you're actually really red"

"Ah... yeah" He eye smiled, trying to aegyo his way out of it.

You realised that he was blushing like a teenage boy over the video, because it was Minhyuk, you found it pretty adorable and decided to play on that.

"Minhyuk~" You sung his name, placing your hand gently on his leg, "Are you blushing because of the performance?"

Trying to put on a serious face but completely failing, Minhyuk awkwardly got up and bowed.

"I... uh... I need to go practice drums" He fibbed before heading out the dorm.

Giggling to yourself, you lay on the couch, pulling out your phone from your pocket with its sudden vibration; a message from the and only Yonghwa.

'hey you .. keke.. thats our song.. but seriously.. why does minhyuk look like a tomato?'

Not wanting to reply yet so it didn't appear as if you were interested in his matters, you counted a few seconds till you couldn't wait any longer.

'He watched our performance :P we're lucky that he isn't an angry tomato, but a happy one' You replied.

'pabo~ tomatoes are tomatoes.. they're all the same' Yonghwa messaged you back

'who r u calling pabo? mr GOGUMA' You teased, practically what you did best when it came to him,

'dont tease me, just bcause you love me :P' Yonghwa was sure confident of himself,

'thats all IN UR HEAD... see what I did there'