Confession? And a worried Jonghyun

Step to the Rhythm

 

Narrarator POV

 

"Hey, guys!!" Jonghyun clapped his hands, standing on a footstool. Key sat in a comfy chair in their main room, filing his nails.

"What is this about, Jjong? I was busy going through my closet." Key said, glaring at the Bling-Bling member.

"This is more important than your wardrobe, idiot!" Retorted Jonghyun. 

"Ooh, more important than Key's clothes? You'll pay for that one," joked Minho, laughing when Key redirected his glare to him.

"Seriously, We need a plan! Operation Cheer Up Heechan!"

"What kind of name is that, Hyung?" Asked Taemin.

"Yeah, did you make that up yourself?" Onew laughed.

Jonghyun puffed his cheeks and whined. "Am I the only one who cares for Heechan's wellbeing??" Minho straightened up.

"No, Hyung. Come on guys, get serious." He ordered, and they all listened to him.

Suddenly feeling self-concious, Jonghyun sat down on the footstool.

"Heechan is sad because her Appa died! Plus she has an evil Umma..."

"What do you say we should do?" Asked Taemin.

"I don't know? We need to cheer her up... We could take her somewhere."

"And where are we supposed to find time to do that? We have promotions in Japan. Not to be a killjoy, but we have a lot of schedules..." Said Onew apologetically.

"We have to think of something!" Said Jonghyun. Key and Taemin looked at each other.

"Hyung..." Began Taemin.

"Fine! I'll just have to think of something myself!" Jonghyun snapped and went off into his room.

"And I thought Key was the diva..." Muttered Onew.

 

Jonghyun didn't go to dinner. Afterwards, Minho brought some leftovers to the room Jonghyun shared with Key and saw him laying on his bed, looking stressed and doing something on his phone.

"Hyung, I brought you some dinner." Minho said, walking in and closing the door.

"Thanks, Minho..." Jonghyun said, sitting up and taking the plate Minho handed him.

"Hyung, you're really concerned." Jonghyun made a non-committal sound. "Do you like Heechan?"

Jonghyun swallowed. "Not romantically, if you mean."

Minho nodded slowly. "That's good then, I guess." Jonghyun looked at him questioningly and Minho decided to spit it out. "I like her. Romantically."

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows and paused in eating. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed... You never really talk to her, do you?"

Minho shook his head. "I get nervous..."

Jonghyun laughed. "That isn't like you. But I wish you the best of luck. Maybe I could even give you a few tips, you know how good I am." They laughed.

 

 

Happy New Year you guise :]