Running in the Rain

Step to the Rhythm

 

“Sanghyo! Wait for me!” I called, running up to her. She was waiting for me at the bus stop. Running out of Appa’s car, I pulled up the hood on my jacket to block out the pouring rain. Sanghyo turned to me, her gray umbrella shading her face.

“Hurry up! The bus is almost here!” Sanghyo looked up and down the street. “Hurry!”

I sprinted faster. I was never a very good runner, and even running this block caught me out of breath. I made it just in time, and when I finally stopped, doubled over, the bus was waiting for me.

“Made it,” I panted, straightening up. Sanghyo laughed at me.

“Come on, Heechan.” I stepped onto the bus in front of her and started making my way towards the back. The bus was noisy and messy and people were everywhere. There was that feeling in the air that happens in the morning when everyone is too tired to talk, but they do anyway. Sanghyo came up behind me, shaking the water off of her umbrella and thanking the bus driver for waiting. We made our way to the back, and I flopped into a window seat.

“Mo, I really need to run more often,” I said, turning towards Sanghyo.

“Forget about that! Did you see the Dazzling Girl music video yet? I saw it, SHINee is so cute!”

I looked at her sideways. “Sanghyo, Dazzling Girl isn’t out yet.”

She gave me the I-know-what-I’m-talking-about look. “Then how did I watch it?”

I leaned back into my seat and propped my feet on the heater. “You probably just saw that video someone made that was a mash-up of all the teasers. I’m 100% sure that the official video doesn’t come out until later this month. Don’t trust it unless it comes from SM Entertainment.”

Sanghyo groaned. “Aigoo! I really thought that was it, too!” I rolled my eyes and stared out the window, putting my earbuds in and turning on f(x).

“Electric Shock…E-E-Electric Shock…” I quietly sang along until the bus stopped at the school.