Similar But Different

I Want To See You [Sequel to I Think I'm Sick]

Author's Note: Hello everyone! I hope you have enjoyed the first chapter!!! I know I didn't really reincarnate Jaeri or brought her back to life.. but but but.. I don't know, I just hope you guys have faith in me and my story~ Do drop any comments you have! Good or bad, I would really love to hear them all (: Enjoy this next chappie!! xx

This chapter's in Jiyong's POV!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miyuki had not spoken a word unless spoken to the whole trip. From the airport to the apartment to here, on the bus. She gave short and precise answers to every question we had. She seemed almost reluctant to talk to anyone, all she did was sit quietly, paying attention to what we had to say but never had comments of her own.

Even if she was daftly boring, something about her made me want to listen to those short replies to see if there was anythng interesting that would happen.

"What should we do for the rest of the day?" Top asked, it was about 4pm, I suppose he wanted some fresh air.

"Miyuki-ssi, what do you do in your free time in Japan?" Taeyang asked.

"Well, I do enjoy reading, practice my shamisen and ballet.." she trailed off, as if she had just regurgitated an entire list. 

Clearly she was groomed to be locked away in a castle for the rest of her life.. She was nothing like Jaeri as far as I was concerned. In fact, almost the complete opposite..

 

 

"What do you like to do for fun?" I asked, sitting beside her by the swings. 

"I don't know, anything that'll probably make me happy!" she giggled, beginning to rock back and fourth on her swing.

"Surely there has to be some things you enjoy more" I laughed.

"Hmm" She thought, swinging higher and higher. "I like running around, eating ice cream maybe? Or maybe playing by the swings! Oh oh! I do love things like the amusement parks or the zoo where there's lots to see! Hmm, I like to play with anima-"

"Don't you think they'd be really dirty?" I said, interupting her list.

"Well, I suppose, but I really do love animals.." she trailed off.

"Well, what else then?" I prompted.

"I don't know, I just don't really like staying still.." she shrugged. By now, her swing was practically flying. 

 

 

"How about we show her around town?" Seungri suggested.

"We would have some traditional foods for dinner too" I suggested. "Is there anything you like to eat or can't eat, Miyuki-ssi?" 

"I avoid seafood, but I do enjoy spicy food very much" she replied.

Perhaps I spoke too soon..

 

 

"Let's challenge!" She beamed. 

"I'm not too good with spicyness" I said sheepishly.

"Oh come on oppa! Just this once! Please please pleaseeeee!" she pouted.

"Do you love spicy food that much?" I asked, earning an eager nod from her. 

 

 

"Miyuki-ssi, Have you eaten Deobokki?" Top asked. She looked at us for a brief moment, as if to digest what it was before shaking her head daintily. 

"Shall we have that then?" Seungri said. "We should just grab street food! It'll be great!" he smiled excitedly.

He probably forgot who he was looking after here.

"Would her father mind? She's a princess afterall.." I said, secretly implying how she seemed to be to uptight for her own good.

She eyed me, though I couldn't make out what her expression was... Perhaps she felt a tad bit insulted.

"I'm sure he doesn't have to know about everything that I do..." She began, her expression still the same. "Plus it would be good to expose myself to some culture around here" she gave a small smile, which threw me off a little.

For a moment, I thought it was Jaeri smiling..

 

 

"Do you want to forget her?" The ghost asked, drifiting around in the garden, her back facing me.

"I don't know.." I answered, it was almost over a year since it happened. I wasn't sure if I was ready to let go yet.

"The rest seemed to have moved on.. Or at least, tried to." she said, I knew she meant Seungri had tried to, since he and I were the only ones who probably stil dwelled on Jaeri's death.

"I just..." I began, finding my words. 

"Give life a chance...." She said finally. "If you and Seungri don't move on, neither can I.." 

"You?" I said, feeling a little betrayed, even if she wasn't the Jaeri we knew, it felt like that Jaeri wanted us to go away. 

"It worries me to see you and Seungri like this.. Did you expect that I could move on even if I have no memories of you?" she said, I could hear the hurt in her voice. 

It made me realise how selfish I was.

 

 

A stick of fishcake in front of my face had knocked me out of my thoughts. Miyuki was holding it in front of me, looking at me with that stoic expression of hers. I looked at her for a while, and it felt like her emotions were all over the place. 

"Jiyong-ssi.. Do you not like fishcakes?" she asked, tilting her head to the side.

"UHHH..." I stuttered, snapping out of it and snatched the stick from her, muttering a 'thank you'.

I watched as she nibbled on her fishcake, it didn't seem like she was enjoying it, but when Seungri had asked her if she enjoyed it, she nodded with her small smile. He looked worried about the very situation, either it was because we were dealing with a completely strange version of Jaeri or he didn't know where to bring this little imposter next. 

"She's so refined, it's kinda scary" Daesung whispered to me.

I nodded in response, observing her more. Seungri had made it a point to stick next to her, feeding her any information (or food) that he thought would interest her. She constantly nodded politely and accepted anything that he handed to her. As for me, being myself, I flanked her on the other side. She didn't seem wary about any of us, though I guess it was obvious that we were all wary about her. By the end of the night, we had too much food to eat and we were all full.. The guys at least. Miyuki seemed to be exactly the same as she was, looking around at anything that may have caught her eye.

 

 

"Are you not... tired??" I said, panting. 

"Not really, I feel quite refreshed!" Jaeri smiled happily, twirling around in her tea-party dress.

"Seungri must have stamina beyond compare" I heaved.

"I guess he does!" she smiled. "My system doesn't digest tiredness until I get bored!"

 

 

"You must be tired, Miyuki-ssi" Taeyang said.

"I'm perfectly fine actually, Taeyang-ssi" she shook her head. 

Well, we weren't.. 

"Is there anything you'd like to see?" Seungri said, trying to hide how full and tired he was.

"I'd prefer to call it a night actually." came her reply, as if she knew how exhausted we were. 

"Really?" Top asked, astonished.

"Its not like I'll be gone tomorrow, I'll have plenty of time to explore on my own." she said, she probably sensed that we were tired.

"ON YOUR OWN?!" Seungri gulped. She her heel to face us, nodding at Seungri.

"No one would bother kidnapping me, Seungri-ssi." She smiled again. "I'm not a very interesting or fun person." she said, walking off.

"Its like she's nothing like her, but a lot like her at the same time.." I thought aloud, but only loud enough for Seungri to hear me.

 

 

"Tell me about yourself, new girl" I requested, walking over to Jaeri.

I sat myself across her at her table. She looked up at me nervously as she nibbled on her homemade kimbap. Even if we had been having lunch for a week since she fisrt came to this school, she still seemed uneasy around me.. Girls..

"I'm nothing special really.." she replied and fell silent. "Jiyong-ssi..why-" she began.

"Am I being so nice?" I finished her sentence.

She nodded, taking another bite of her kimbap.

"You're interesting.." I shrugged.

"I am...?" She looked at strangely. 

"You ought to be, otherwise I doubt Uee would bother wasting her time picking on you all week" I said. 

 

 

 

He nodded as we walked behind her. As we headed back to the apartments, we said our goodbyes. Or rather, exchanged extremely polite bows.

"Do you need help unpacking?" Taeyang asked, probably curious what Miyuki had in all her bags she had lugged around.

"I can do that.." Seungri insisted, opening the door to the apartment.

"I do not want to be of anymore trouble to you than I already am" She replied flatly, though she seemed thankful for his offer at the same time. However, she looked at me when she continued "I'm sure my mere presence bothers you enough."  

"Would you mind if we helped you anyway?" Daesung smiled.

Knowing him, he probably just wanted to see what stuff she brought from Japan as much as Taeyang.. She looked at him, a little wide-eyed. Then she looked over to Seungri who gave her an uneasy look. We were all used to going over to Seungri's afterall..

"I assure you that my belongings aren't very interesting.." She began. Daesung's mouth hung open from surprise, as did mine. "But if Seungri-ssi doesn't mind visitors I'll be more than happy to play a song on the shamisen" she offered. 

"REALLY??!?!!" Taeyang beamed, looking hopefully at Seungri who shrugged absent-mindedly. 

I was beginning to get even more troubled that she coincidentally knew what was going on in our heads. Could she possibly know about our past and Jaeri? Or even... What we actually were? 

We proceeded to help her with unpacking first, as we carefully took her clothes out, I realised she did have quite a good sense of style, it was really feminine but unique. She hung and folded them nicely into the cupboard and attended to her more intimate clothing swiftly, practically tossing them in the top drawer, probably in hope that we didn't have to touch them. 

"Hey Miyuki-ssi what are these?" Daesung asked. 

We turned to him, looking at the contents of the small duffle bag he just opened. I looked over his shoulder, zipping up the main lugguage we had successfully emptied. 

"They're my ballet stuff" she replied, not even looking over her shoulder. 

"That's a lot of stuff for ballet.." Seungri said, proceeding with unloading it. 

"I do have quite a collection of leotards." came her reply. 

"And not to mention, shoes too.." Top said, taking out a few mini drawstring bags, each a different colour of satin.

"Pointe, pointe, soft pointe, soft pointe, soft, soft, soft, jazz and character." she explained, tapping on each bag.

 

 

"Pink, pink, pink, green, green, green, silver, silver, gold, maroon, Orange, Oragne, yellow, blue, blue, blue, black, red, purple, purp-" Jaeri listed as she counted her fingers.

"Why do you need more than one of the same colour?!" I complained. "They're just nailpolish.." 

I had asked her about what she liked to collect, and her answer had been nailpolish. I didn't think there would be such a drastic amount in her collection (which sounded like a museum right now) so I asked her what colours she had. It wasn't my best idea..

"Well, they're different shades of the same colour" Jaeri explained

"I still don't get why you need so many of the same thing" I shook my head.

"They aren't the same!!" she pouted.

 

 

I didn't understand what she needed more than one of each for but I guess it was another strangely similar thing about her and Jaeri. She then proceeded to arranging her collection of leotards and assorted dance attire and her shoes in the bottom drawer. 

"Is this your shamisen?" Seungri said, holding up a hard case.

She nodded and took it from him, unlocking the case, taking out what looked like a box with a long neck and three pegs sticking out from the end. placed it on a fold up stand which she had also kept in the case. I noticed another slender bag she had brought, which was lying flat on the ground next to me. 

"What's this?" I asked, pointing to the bag.

"Syaoran." she said, as she placed a fuschia file on the desk. 

"What?" Seungri said.

"He's my doll" she answered, taking the bag from me.

All of us fell silent. The bag was slightly more than half a meter long.. and it's supposed to hold a doll? She kneeled on the floor effortlessly and ped the bag carefully, retrieving the most realistic doll I've ever seen. It had turquoise eyes and silvery spikey hair with a complexion as fair as Miyuki's. She cradled the doll in her arms, fixing its hari and adjusting its clothes, which suited her own style very much. 

"Your.. wow.." Top said, too stunned by the doll, as all of us were. 

"Does he bother you?" she said, standing up slowly, and placing her doll on the bed gently. 

"No... just t-that.." Top stuttered.

"It's just that we've never seen anything like it.." I finished off for him. She looked at me and nodded. 

"You're not like those cosplayers are you?" Seungri said, looking a tad bit uneasy. 

"Oh heavens, no." She replied. "Syaoran was given to me a number of years back."

All of us managed a nod and once again, silence fell upon us.

"Well, is there anything you would need to buy?" Seungri asked, breaking the silence. 

"Nothing I can't handle" Miyuki answered, looking around her room. 

Seungri had did his best to decorate the room with the help of Miyuki's father's secretary. Miyuki's father had wanted to come down himself, but he was too busy to, though he did promise Seungri he would purchase the relevant furniture such as the bed and closet and desk and all Seungri had to do was to ensure that Miyuki was comfortable and safe. Well, that was what Seungri did best. 

For Jaeri at least..

"Would you play us a song now?" Taeyang beamed, holding her shamisen to her. 

Miyuki gave a somewhat uneasy smile, probably because Taeyang was holding her shamisen by the neck. She took it from him and sat at the edge of her bed while the five of us sat on the floor.