Race Against Time

I Want To See You [Sequel to I Think I'm Sick]

Author's Note: Hello! Here's another chapter for you guys and an attempt to release 2 chapters in one nighty \o/ I hope you're enjoying where the story's going. I'm not sure if I want to end this fan fic soon or not, but I'll just see how it goes~

This chapter's in GD's POV!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We need to destroy that gem on her forehead." I said. It can't be anything else.. 

"Let's see how you princes go against the swordsmanship of Oshiru Miyuki..." the queen said. Great, Miyuki's a skilled swordsman.. 

"Yuki's got more power than we know.." Syaoran trailed off. 

"Worth a shot" Seungri replied.

A sword of silver began to materialise in front of him, glowing brightly. 

"Do you know how to use a sword?" Syaoran asked.

"No clue.." he answered blankly.

"T-take it!" Miyuki begged in a staggering voice as she charged at him without warning. 

He grabbed the sword, just in time to block himself from Miyuki's blade. Miyuki's mouth moved, saying something inaudible, before throwing Seungri off. 

 

 

 

"W-who are y-you?" she whispered. 

"Jaeri.." I whispered. I wanted to scream, I felt my hands grow numb as they fell in defeat. No. I couldn't give up. "Please.. Jaeri.." I begged quietly to myself. I didn't care if they saw me cry. 

Jaeri.. My love, please don't do this.

"Don't believe it.." came Seunghyun's reassuring voice, though I knew he had his own doubts.

I had to it up and kept believing that she was still the Jaeri I knew. The one that loved me for who I was, the Jaeri that I was willing to sacrifice myself in order to protect her, the Jaeri I loved so much.

 

 

"What do we do?" Daesung asked. 

"You shouldn't fight Yuki empty-handed." Syaoran warned. "Yuki's skills are deathly, and that sword the queen made her create is very powerful"

"What about Seungri's sword?" I asked. 

"Ya!" Daesung shouted suddenly, interrupting me as a small globe of light appeard in front of him, giving him a shock.

The ball of light split into two, what seemed to be a thick piece of bamboo materialising as the halves split further from eachother, a green crystal ball was etched into the centre of the staff. I looked closer, and saw the intricate woodvine carving the staff had. Yuki's head snapped toward's us. 

"Grab it!" Syaoran ordered as Yuki came zooming right for Daesung.

"Where are all these coming from?!" Top asked in amazement. 

"Find... Syaoran..." Miyuki forced out. She seemed to be getting weaker, she was shaking violently.

"Daesung and I will hold her off!" Seungri yelled, as Miyuki stiked at him, nearly stabbing him in the face.

"Let's go!" I called.

We ran for the nearest door and slammed the door just on time to see the tip of Miyuki's sword pierce right through the solid wood. 

"How do we find the doll?" Top heaved. 

"He's in here.." A deep voice said, a guard was holding a silver box in his arms. 

We were surrounded. 

"Great, they kept it in a makeshift coffin.." I mumbled to myself, immediately lashing at the guards. 

"They've gotten stronger" Taeyang said, knocking a guard out with a lightning bolt. 

Globes of light circled down from the high ceiling, a pair of nunchaku materialised from one, blue crystal balls fixed at the tips of the handles, flying right into Top's hands as he knocked down another guard. The second materialised into a whip, a yellow crystal sat in the middle of its handle. 

"Tae!" I shouted, clearly it was for him, I could vaguely see the wolf engraving on the handle and bolts of lightning encircling the entire whip.

The last orb floated down in front of me, it seemed to take for ever to do something. The orb began to multiply, slower and slower, encircling me. 

"Grab the box!" Top called as the box fell into my hands. I noticed a red gem similar to the one on Miyuki's forehead was on the seal of the box.

"We have to open it!" I said. 

"We have to get to the rest first." Syaoran said, I almost forgot we communicated telepathically that I had a slight shock. 

"You're right." Taeyang said. 

"Yuki's getting very weak.. I can feel it." Syaoran said. "We have to hurry" 

We ran back into the room, the orbs of light still encircling around me, they orbited, but they seemed to be slowing down. Could it be... 

"Watch out!" I heard Daesung yell. 

I heard a loud crash, only to see Top in front of me, his nuchaku's chain was holding off Miyuki's sword. I noticed her tears were now pearls of blood that flowed as she sobbed. 

"Mi.. Mian.. Mianhe" she coughed, blood flowing from . I realised she was looking right at me.

She threw Top off and went straight for me. I closed my eyes, barcing for impact. 

"JIYONG!" I heard the rest shout. 

I heard a loud crack, I opened my eyes, to see that the gem had a slight crack, a sore red line appeared on Miyuki's forehead. Another crack and I realised the gem on the box also had a small crack. Miyuki looked right at the box in my hands.

"Crack the gem on the box!" Syaoran ordered. 

I smashed the box onto the floor. The cracks on both gems deepend, I noticed the red glow in Miyuki's eyes beginning to falter.

"You have to do better than that.." the queen's voice came through Miyuki's lips.

I hated her more now. I saw Miyuki struggle as she lifted the sword, ready to strike me again. 

"Ji.. Jiyo..ong" she stammerd, almost like a beg, she lifted the sword. "R..ru..run" she forced through gritted teeth.

She coughed, blood sputtered from . 

Miyuki..

Before she stabbed me, I heard a familiar bell chime. 

"Jaeri..." Seungri said.

I looked up, to see Miyuki's sword stab right through Jaeri's ghost. Black fluid was flowing from the her wound. The ghost turned to me.

"Only this sword can cut through the gem" were her last words before her features disappeared into white light which encircled Miyuki, trapping her. 

"T...take.. the sword.." Miyuki begged. I knocked the sword out of her hands, just in time for Jaeri's ghost to disappear into Miyuki's chest. 

As this happened, the gem on Miyuki's forehead shattered. The orbs of light orbited at an alarming speed and two circled around my thighs. They wrapped themselves like snakes, tightly but snugly and materialised into what looked like leather straps. the remaining 12 orbs darted straight at the straps, materialising into small daggers that sat int pockets along the straps. I took one out of the pocket and admired it, an amber crystal pearl sat at the bottom of the blade just before the handle which had intricate dragon engraving. By now Miyuki was on the floor, her eyes wide open, blood still flowing from and tear ducts. 

 

 

 

I sighed, holding my chest. I looked over at Seungri, who was holding Jaeri's limp body to him, crying into her hair. I felt my tears fell too. I wanted to hold her as much as I could ever want anything. But Seungri deserved to be the one to hold her. I didn't protect her like I thought I could, how I promised Seungri that I would, how I swore to myself that I would. 

I'm sorry..

"Jaeri.." Taeyang said.

I looked up at him and realised he was looking up. I faced the same direction, only to meet Jaeri's eyes. She was floating above us again, this time the look on her face didn't really make sense. She looked sympathetic, I thought she'd be happy to see us. 

"It's over now." she said, landing on the grass, facing us.

 

 

 

"Cut the seal" Syaoran instructed. "Stab it right through" 

"Won't it kill you?" I snapped.

"Just do it!" he demanded. 

I raised the sword and stabbed it into the gem as hard as possible, a flash of red light errupted from the gems on the box and the sword as they exploded. 

"Oni-chan.." I heard Miyuki call quietly next to me as she now laid in Seungri's arms on the ground. 

The box burst into pieces, one of the pieces cutting into my arm. I heard the anguished scream of the queen fade as the sword disintergrated into ashes. A hole was left in Syaoran's torso where fuschia light was appearing, the hole began to slowly sealed itself. 

"What are you doing Yuki.." Syaoran demanded, his voice weak. 

I looked up, Seungri seemed too stunned to move. Miyuki's eyes were glowing fushia, she breathed deeply.

"I won't l-let you d-die.." she choked.

 

 

 

I noticed the light leave Jaeri's eyes. We were too late.. 

"All of you, let go.." I heard her voice for real this time, I swore I did, and not just in my head.

She sounded like she was pleading, as if to tell us to save ourselves instead. I didn't want to let her go, I couldn't let her go. I was dillusional a few seconds ago, wishing I was holding her in my arms. But right now, I swore she was really calling out to me and the rest of us. I realised I was crying harder than before, in mid battle. 

Jaeri.. 

"Jaeri?" Seungri said, he was looking up this time, I looked up as well, to see her floating above us. This couldn't be real. 

"No.. Jaeri.." I whispered.

I realised she was translucent, her hair floating around her perfect face daintily. She wore a dress of ivory, elegant yet flaunting her silouhette. Her eyes were full of life and so was her smile, even if it was her worried smile. I knew that smile anywhere. I'd know her anywhere. She reached out to us, her slender hand touching ours, her skin felt like cold mist and was glowing translucent white. What scared me more was that she had wings, elegant wings.. which could only mean...

"You're a ghost..." Daesung said, realising what I had. She retreated her hand immediately, her expression rejected.

"Take my body.." she told us, as if ashamed that we had figured she was a ghost.

 

 

 

The wound sealed completely, and the light left Miyuki's eyes. She fell limp in Seungri's arms. 

"YUKI! Yuki!" Seungri yelled, shaking her. 

Not you too Miyuki.. Please not you too.. 

"She's alive... But she's lost a lot of blood.." Top said, feeling her pulse. 

"We've got to get out of here." Syaoran said. "She needs to get to the hospital"

"Let's go." I said, Grabbing Syaoran from the floor, holding him in one arm. 

We went through the portal, landing in the playground again. We ran to the hospital. Hang in ther Miyuki.. Please hang in there. 

"Her mind's still active.." Syaoran said, reading my thoughts.

I grimmaced a little.

"I'm sorry to probe.. But it's written all over your face." He said apologetically.

 

 

 

"Well perhaps you should have something to take your mind of me, and perhaps find someone else-"

"I can't!" I said, interrupting her.

The hand she had kept on my shoulder lifted, I turned to face her. She had that rejected and apologetic expression which she always wore. I sighed again, regretting at my outburst. 

"I'm sorry, it's just that... there were so many things I wanted to tell her, but now there's no point holding onto it.." I continued.

"I'm sorry for being insensitive.." she said, her voice soft, careful, concerned. 

"It's not your fault Jaeri.." I said. I looked into the night sky and closed my eyes, letting that dreadful night replay in my head again.

"Don't you think holding onto this would just make it harder to forget?" She asked from behind me, as if she knew what I had been thinking. 

"You're right.." I said. "That's why I've decided to join the rest in college..." I announced, turning around to face her again, her smile seemed relieved.

"It'll do you and Seungri some good." She said, looking rather refreshed.

 

 

We sat by her bedside..

"Thank you.." Syaoran said suddenly.

"What?" Daesung asked.

"All of you, care about her so much, and went through a lot for her even if you only knew her for a month or two." He began. 

"That's what friends are for!" taeyang piped in.

"Spot on!" Top and Daesung high-fived.

"I'm sure you'd understand when I say, that's what big brothers do, they protect their sisters" Seungri smiled. 

All I could manage was a smile.