The Black Rose

I Want To See You [Sequel to I Think I'm Sick]

Author's Note: Whaddup homies~ *fistbumps* It's past 2am here and I'm having a bad case of insonmia.. so I'll try writing something and lets see how it goes~

 

This chapter's in Seungri's POV!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How did you manage to hold her up for so long?" Top asked. 

"It wasn't easy, cuz all we could do as run" Daesung answered. 

 

 

"The queen is making full use of Miyuki's abilities, you guys have to weaken her..." Syaoran instructed.

"We can't hurt her" Daesung said from behind a pillar. 

"If you kill her physical being, the queen will be able to take full control of her body and absorb the power of her soul.." Syaoran warned. 

"Then we can't touch her at all!" I complained. How are we ever going to save you, miyuki?

"The rest are busy finding me, I can't see what's happening, but Miyuki is getting weaker, fast." he explained. "There's not much point fighting her, her swordsmanship was trained to be top notch. You have to keep her moving until she gets tired." 

"I know you're in there Yuki.." I said, struggling to sheild myself. Her blade was just a few inches from my face. 

"I.. c-can't" she said.. Her tears began to discolour. 

"Your tears..." I exclaimed, she threw me off again. 

"Run... Please" she begged, jabbing her sword at me. I dodged as fast I could, narrowly missing one that was aimed right for my heart. 

"COME ON YUKI. FIGHT HER" I yelled, as she narrowly missed my face, stabbing her sword right into the concrete wall, creating a crater.  

 

 

"I was worried we'd have to kill her physical being.." Jiyong sighed in relief. 

"That was the queen's plan.." Syaoran said. "At first I thought that was the only way too, until I realised the red gems represented the queen's power, by destroying them, we destroyed the control the queen had over her. And it also made me realise that the queen wanted to force us to fight her, in hope that we kill he physical being so that she can permanently take over Miyuki's body"

"She knew we'd have weapons" Top concluded.

"But where did they come from?" Jiyong said, turning his head to Syaoran, who was sitting next to Miyuki who was still asleep.

"During battle.." Syaoran began.

"She tried talking to you, didn't she?" Jiyong spat. Syaoran sighed.

"Those weapons, were fashioned by her in order to weak-." Syaoran said.

"Weaken myself" Miyuki said, her voice was weak, her eyes threatening to close. "I had to.." she whispered.

"Yuki-ah.." I said, putting my hand on hers. It felt cold. 

"It was hard, because the queen was blocking my powers, I couldn't fight her." she heaved. "I wanted to create those weapons much faster, but it was hard to do so.." 

"Because you couldn't completely believe in us equally" Jiyong answered. 

Miyuki sighed regretfully, refusing to look at Jiyong. 

"I know about Jaeri.." she said, letting a tear fall, taking all of us by shock. 

"Yuki-ah.." Jiyong said, his face was soft, regretful. "That's in the past.."

"But I know you still cling onto her, I know I'm nothing like her and you're wary of me because of that.." she said. "I know you loved her dearly and everything, but she thought it was best to stop seeing you even if I begged her to see you every once in a while.." 

Jiyong looked taken aback. His expression shifted slightly, as if he finally put together the biggest puzzle.

"It was you who sent her." He said finally.

She nodded, I noticed the light in the crystals on Jiyong's daggers swirl. He hugged her. 

"I'm sorry.." he said, hugging her tightly. 

 

 

 

"Ji.. Jiyo..ong.. R..ru..run" she begged him through gritted teeth, choking as she did so.

As she was about to strike, a familiar bell chime sounded. Fushia light emerged around Miyuki, as if she was enveloping herself, the fushia then turned into white light broke into beams which took another shape in front of her.. A form that was way too familiar..

Her wavy brown hair.

Her compassionate eyes. 

"Jaeri..." was all that I managed to say.

Jiyong looked up, to see Miyuki's sword stab right through Jaeri's ghost. Black fluid was flowing from the the wound.

"Only this sword can cut through the gem" was the only words Jaeri said to him before her features disappeared into white light again which encircled Miyuki, trapping her. 

"T...take.. the sword.." Miyuki begged.

Jiyong then knocked the sword out of her hands, just in time for Jaeri's ghost return into Miyuki's chest. The gem on Miyuki's forehead shattered, she fell to the floor. All I could do was cradle her in my arms. You knew about Jaeri all along.. 

 

 

"You knew this?" Top asked Syaoran.

"I found out about it, but she wouldn't really admit to it until it became really obvious. Her mind's over active when she sleeps."  Syaoran explained. "You knew it too.." he said, obviously at me, the rest looked at me.

"I only realised it when I saw where Jaeri's ghost had come from.." I said. 

"She created these..." Taeyang said, admiring the whip. 

"They're customised.." Miyuki stated. "Only you can use your own weapons. I designed them from what suited you best. I hadn't intended to give them to you so soon, which was another reason why they took a while to materialise"

"You were draining your powers on purpose.. You could have died.." Syaoran reminded her. 

"I know my limits, I had to weaken myself just enough to make sure that they could destroy the gems." she said. 

"How did you manage to fight her?" Daesung asked. 

"Jaeri's ghost had given me some leeway, since the queen can't control that half of me anymore, since Jaeri's lost all powers when her physical being was destroyed two years ago and her sole purpose for existence was accomplished." She explained.

"But then Jaeri won't be able to fashion these weapons" I reminded her. She nodded.

"Jaeri's ghost is feeding off my power. I only kept her around for Jiyong's sake.. But I guess, it wasn't such a brilliant idea afterall.." she said, looking away from him.

"Keeping Jaeri's ghost, or any ghost for that matter, around really drains your powers, even if you're very powerful.." Syaoran told her. She nodded apologetically. 

"But you ended up getting hurt too." she said, looking at Jiyong. "She lets me see you through her eyes.. And you always looked so hurt.." she said. 

"Was that why she always tried to tell me to move on and never gave me a straight answer when I asked her why didn't she leave?" he asked.

"I only told her to keep it hidden that I was the one who sent her occassionally.." Miyuki answered. 

 

 

"How long has it been?" I asked.

"The last time I had a dream about her was a week before we started school" Jiyong said. 

"so it's been over a month" Taeyang said, flipping through his calander.

"She used to see you almost every 2 weeks.."Daesung said. 

"You say it like she's still alive" Top sighed with his eyes closed. 

"Oh right, sorry." Daesung apologised bashfully. 

"It's been two years" Jiyong began. "And she began coming to me in my sleep, but for the past few weeks it's like she'd disappeared all over again.." 

 
 
 
 
"I appreciate it.." Jiyong said. 
 
"Eh?" Miyuki said, looking up to face him.
 
"Even if you didn't know me then, it was wonderful of you to do that much." he said.  
 
"I know a lot more about all of you than you think. I'm designed to be brought up like this.. my magic, my skills.. They're designed, planned, to protect the 5 of you." she said, looking at her hands.
 
"You're the source of our powers.." I said, as if reciting a poem. She nodded. 
 
"And being that, if I continued to ask her to see jiyong in his dreams, he'd know it was me striaght away.." she said. "I told myself to speak only when spoken to, I didn't want everyone to find out what I was, I didn't want anyone to worry. I had to protect all of you, so I had to hide everything.."
 
"There's no need for that anymore..." Jiyong said, holding her hand. 
 
"It's okay.." I told her, ruffling her hair. 
 
"Told you that being all quiet wasn't a good idea.." Syaoran said in a I-told-you-so tone.
 
"From now on, we'll protect you.." Jiyong said as he lightly squeezed her hand. 
 
She looked at him, as if she hadn't expected him to say something like that. He looked at her, and I recognised that look immediately. 
 
 
 
 
 
He looked at her. I hated how he looked at her. 
 
"Thank you for cheering me up, Jiyongie" Jaeri smiled. 
 
I felt my blood boild slightly as he gave her a hug. You can't just simply give my sister a hug and not mean anything more. He gave her that look again.
 
"Anything for this princess" he smiled.
 
Perhaps it was new for me to have someone be so close to her. Or rather, having her let some other guy let get close to her. He looked at her like she was his life, like as if she was the most special thing in the world. He looked at her like she was a delicate flower. 
 
I didn't like that Jaeri would realise this and was going to take let him take her from me. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Definitely!" I added.
 
She gave me a greatful glance and a warm smile. It made me feel warm unlike before. I understood it now.
 
"You haven't been happy all this time, have you?" I asked. Her smile faltered. 
 
"Don't pretend anymore.." Daesung said, putting a hand on her shoulder. 
 
"You can trust us.." Taeyang added. 
 
I suppose the rest felt it too. 
 
All this time, she had been blocking all of us out every way possible, and she finally trusted us. It felt refreshng. The suppression we used to feel didn't exist, like someone had opened the windows to let all of us breathe. It felt like the invisible barrier had been broken and the strange tension between us and Miyuki that we've been trying to erase disappeared by itself. I felt rather liberated from everything.. The strange thing was that, even if I knew Jaeri was the most important thing in my life, it was like she was right here on the hospital bed in front of me. 
 
"I know I can." She smiled again.