Chapter 13

More Than Family

 

The next school day, Siwan and I ate our breakfast silently. It was definitely awkward. I hadn't talked to him since that incident. I've been hiding in my room. Only occasionally going out to use the bathroom, shower, or get something quick to eat.

He cleared his throat, breaking the silence. I started to get nervous.

“Look, about Saturday--” the door bell rang. Saved by the bell.

I quickly got up and put my bowl in the sink before grabbing my backpack and running out the door causing Myungsoo to jump.

“Whoa. You okay?” he asked.

I nodded. “I'm trying to avoid Siwan oppa...”

“Why?”

Should I tell him? Should I tell him that my oppa actually kissed me, and that I let him?

“It's nothing...”

Myungsoo shrugged and leaned in.

“Now that we're alone...” he leaned in even closer. I turned my face away.

His eyes blinked in shock. I blinked in shock too.

Why didn't I let him kiss me? What was stopping me?

“What's wrong? You were going to let me on Saturday. Do you not want to be my girlfriend?”

“It's not that, it's just...” I bit my lip. This was all just so complicated.

Did I want to be his girlfriend? I feel like I'm leading him on. I like him I really do. But I don't know what's wrong with me. Aish...so many questions. None of them answered.

“I'll just assume you're just shy.” Myungsoo said, leading the way to school. I quickly followed close after.

 

Once we arrived in front of my classroom, we stopped.

“I'll see you at lunch, okay? I want you to sit with us today.” he said.

“Hmmm...I don't know...” I teased.

“Please?!” he said, using aegyo.

“Alright.” I chuckled.

“Great! See you then.” he smiled touched my chin and left.

I frowned. Reminds me of Siwan oppa. I miss him...

“Eun Byul!” Speak of the devil.

I turned around and he was walking towards me. I quickly turned into the room. Then the bell rang. I poked my head out the door and saw he was retreating to his classroom.

 

I walked into the classroom and sat in my usual seat.

Sun Mi and Eun Ji turned around.

“I see you and Myungsoo together a lot lately. Are you guys a thing?” They asked suspiciously.

I shook my head. “No.”

“Why not?! He's totally cute!” Eun Ji squealed.

“I don't know...I'm just...”

“Scared Siwan won't approve?” Sun Mi smirked.

“N-no. I'm grown. I can make my own decisions.”

Just then the teacher started the lesson.

 

At lunch, I went to Myungsoo's lunch table. He smiled and waved to me. I waved back and took the seat next to him.

“Ah, Eun Byullie. Finally dating him?” Woohyun asked.

“It's about time. He seriously won't shut up about you when we're hanging out.” Sungjong revealed.

Myungsoo hit him on the head. “We're not dating yet, pabo.” Yet...

I blushed. “You talk about me?”

Myungsoo rubbed the back of his neck. “Sometimes...”

“More like all the time.” Dongwoo said, earning a smack from their leader.

“No more embarrassing Myungsoo. The boy can only take so much.”

 

As we all chatted, I suddenly had the urge to go to the bathroom.

“I'm going to use the restroom. I'll be right back.” I told Myungsoo.

He nodded.

I walked into the empty hallway and suddenly heard someone calling my name. I turned around and it was Siwan. My eyes widened and I quickly ran to the bathroom. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge.

“What the hell?!” I yelled as the door read, “Go to next level”

I couldn't go all the way to the third floor! Siwan could probably catch me by then!

I turned around and Siwan was already in front of me, breathing hard.

“Yah, why do you keep avoiding me?” he asked.

I looked away and tried to make my way passed him. He grabbed my arm.

“No, you're not going nowhere.” he said looking down at me.

I gulped.

 

===============

my co-author isn't back yet, but i feel really bad not updating and leaving you guys hanging like that so here's a little chapter...

klutzyriceball, WHERE ARE YOU!??!