Chapter 8

More Than Family

 

I ran through the gates, spread my arms out and smiled.

Click. Click.

“Wah! I haven't been here in forever!” I said.

Myungsoo casually walked up to me. “Me neither. What do you want to do first?”

I put my finger to my lips.

Click.

“Ferris Wheel!” I said.

He chuckled and nodded. We walked to the Ferris Wheel and got in. This Ferris Wheel was one of those big ones that need a glass door. The helper dude closed the door and the ride started.

“Whoa...look at that!” I pointed to the scenery in front of us.

Click.

I stared at all the trees. The sky was beautiful today too. I felt Myungsoo's eyes on me and I looked at him. He staring at me, with a small grin.

“What?”

“Aniya...” he muttered something with 'cute' in it and looked away. I shrugged and continued to look at the sky.

 

Throughout the day we walked around the amusement park doing practically everything. Every game, ride or booth, we did it all. Except for the upside down ones, because there was no way he could take a picture. At first I objected to him taking a picture of me on a ride, but he convinced me that I'd still look fine even on the ride. God, I hope he was right...

We were casually walking around when I spotted an ice cream shop. I immediately thought of Siwan. It would've been so fun if he came too.

“Hey Myungsoo, let's get some ice cream.”

“Sure.” he said.

We walked inside and I could smell the ice cream parlor smell. If my nose could get cavities, I'd have about 5.

“Mmm...vanilla on a waffle cone please.” I ordered.

“I'll have the same.” he took out his wallet to pay.

“No! You've been paying all day. This one's on me.” I said, taking my wallet out of my side purse.

His hand stopped me. I looked at him while he pointed to his face. “Namja.” he said.

He poked my nose. “Yeoja.”

I pouted.

“I'm paying.” he sternly said while giving the bills to the cashier who was laughing at us.

“You guys are so cute. How long have you been dating?” she asked us.

“Oh, we're not dating!” I quickly said.

“Not yet...” he whispered and smirked.

I hit him on the arm.

“Oh sorry! I thought you were. Anyone could've guessed.” she said and handed him the bills. Another worker handed us our cones and we walked to a table.

 

Once I sat down, I noticed how tired my legs were from walking around all day.

“Aigo. I feel old.” I said and some ice cream.

Myungsoo poked my stomach. I jerked in surprise.

“You need to exercise. Get your body in shape. It's almost summer, you know.” he said.

I blinked at him, getting ready to shove that ice cream down his throat with my free hand.

He laughed. “I'm just kidding. You're perfect.”

I quickly took a bite of the ice cream, trying to hide the smile creeping to my lips.

“It's okay to smile.” he said, looking at me with gentle eyes.

I stared back at him when he suddenly took my hand holding the ice cream and shoved it in my face.

He tried to hold in his laughter, but failed.

I gawked at him. The ice cream was all over my nose.

Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click.

“YAH! If you don't put that camera lens down I'm gonna--” I stopped when he started wiping my nose with a napkin.

“Sorry...I had to.” he was smiling like an idiot.

I gazed at his face. Maybe, just maybe, I can let him enter my heart like Siwan...

 

“HEY YO!” someone suddenly yelled sitting next to Myungsoo, ruining the moment. He looked over and rolled his eyes. “Hey, Dongwoo.”

“You on a date, bro?”

I blushed, which didn't get unnoticed by Myungsoo.

5 other bodies walked up to us and sat down.

“What the heck?! You guys are all here and you didn't invite me?!” Myungsoo asked, raged.

“Hey...we went to your house and your sister said you went out to see some hot girl.” Woohyun explained.

Everyone turned to look at me. I coughed awkwardly.

“Aish...noona...” Myungsoo face palmed.

 

They were all talking amongst themselves when I spotted 9 bodies walking pass the parlor. I spotted Siwan right away. I leaned back in the chair and covered my face with my hand.

Please don't see me...please don't see me...

“Hey isn't that Eun Byul?!” I heard Kwanghee yell.

Damnit...

The bell rang, signaling someone had walked into the store. After nine rings, I looked up to see everyone at our table.

“Hey! Hyung's are here too? Let's all hang out together!” Sungjong suggested.

Everyone nodded. I could feel Siwan's stare. I looked up at him and smiled. He just glanced at Myungsoo before looking in another direction.

I was lost in my own thoughts before I felt someone pulling on my wrist.

“Come on!” it was Dongjoon. Everyone was getting ready to leave. I shivered as I got up.

“Are you okay? Do you want to go back home? You look tired.” Myungsoo said, looking worried.

“I'm sure she's just cold. She always gets cold after eating ice cream if she doesn't go outside right after, right?” Siwan said, putting an arm around me.

I nodded. He was right, I was cold.

Myungsoo nodded and smiled. “Then let's go!” he took my hand and pulled me out of the store.

I looked back and the look in Siwan's eyes was something I'll never forget.

 

===========

siwan! you better step up your game boy! :D