Chapter 9

More Than Family

 

We all just walked around playing different games. I was watching Kwanghee and Heechul shooting water guns when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and Siwan held up a small teddy bear in front of me.

“Surprise! I won this for you!” he said. I smiled and took it.

“Thanks oppa!”

“Eun Byul! Look at what I won for you!” a voice yelled. I turned around and Myungsoo came running over to me with a large panda bear.

My eyes widened. “How did you win this?!”

“I'm ballin' at basketball.” he winked and gave it to me.

“Hold it up and I'll take a picture. Wait...” he took Siwan's teddy bear out of my hand and tucked it under his arm. “Okay now hold it up!” he placed the camera lens in front of his face.

I looked at Siwan and he was frowning.

I held up the panda bear and did many aegyo faces. After Myungsoo took a couple of pictures, he handed the teddy bear back to me.

“You're so cute.” he said and pinched my nose. I giggled.

“If you don't mind, I'd like to spend some time with my sister now.” Siwan said, taking my hand and starting to pull me away.

Myungsoo smiled. “Sure,” and we walked over to where Sungyeol was.

I frowned. Did he not want to spend time with me anymore?

 

After Siwan and I played a couple of games, everyone met up and we started to walk around.

As we were all walking down the path of the park, I started to feel tired and I yawned.

Dongwoo put his arm around me. “Aigo...Eun Byullie is tired.”

“No touching.” Siwan and Myungsoo said at the same time. Dongwoo looked back and forth at the two before awkwardly putting his arm down.

Myungsoo walked up to me, lightly shoving Dongwoo away from me. “Do you want to go home? I can walk you if you want.”

I nodded.

“I can walk her. Since I want to go home anyways.” Siwan said.

I was hoping from Myungsoo to object, and insist he would walk me, but he only smiled and nodded.

“I'll see you at school?” he asked me.

I smiled. “See you.”

I waved to everyone and started to make my way home with Siwan.

 

“So did you have fun?” Siwan asked.

I nodded. “Yeah. I was glad Myungsoo took me there. I haven't been there in forever.”

It was silent.

“Why didn't you bring your girlfriend with you?” I asked him.

“Girlfriend?”

“Yeah.” I looked at him.

“I don't have a girlfriend.”

My eyes widened. “B-but I saw some girl kissing you on Valentine's Day. And you had your arms around her.”

“Pabo. I wasn't kissing her back. I was pushing her away.” he said and lightly poked my head.

“Oh...” Well, that changes a lot.

 

Monday came around and I followed my normal schedule. Siwan and I walked together to school like how we normally did.

We were laughing at his lame joke when Myungsoo walked up to me. He was waiting for me by the gates. I saw Siwan's smile fade a bit.

“You're here. I have something to show you today.” he smiled.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I'll show you at lunch.” he said.

I nodded and smiled.

“Can I walk you to class?” Myungsoo asked.

I looked at Siwan. He nodded. “I have to study for a test anyways. Go on.” he said, gave me a kiss on the forehead and left.

Myungsoo brought out me out of my daze by placing his face in front of mine.

“You okay?” he asked.

I blinked at how close our faces were. I nodded. He brushed our noses together once before pulling away and pulling on my wrist.

“Come on, we'll be late for class.”

 

We were walking down the hallway when suddenly my friends ran up to me.

“Eun Byul! Did you hear about the dance?!” Sun Mi practically yelled.

“Dance?” I tilted my head.

Eun Ji pointed to the flyer replacing the Valentine's Day one. It was for the Spring Dance.

“What about it?” I asked.

“We have to go shopping together!” they both jumped up and down.

“Whoa, calm down. I don't even know if I'm going.” I told them.

“Why not?” Myungsoo asked this time.

I looked at him. His eyebrows were furrowed. I shrugged.

“I'm not gonna have a date.” Every single dance I've been to, I've always gone with Siwan oppa even though other guys asked me. I guess I'm going with him again this year. He's not considered my date right?

He smirked. “That's your reason?”

I nodded. He must think I'm pathetic...

“Meet me by the main stairs at lunch, okay?” he said, walking towards his classroom.

“Okay.”

 

Me and the girls walked into our classroom.

“Hey, who was that?” Sun Mi whispered.

“Myungsoo.”

“The new guy from Infinite? He's so cute. I heard he was an ullzang.” Eun Ji said.

I shrugged. It could be possible. He is pretty handsome.

“Why are there always cool guys around you Eun Byul? I'm so jealous.” Sun Mi pouted.

“What about your boyfriend?” I asked.

All three of us turned to look at her boyfriend who was reading a comic book with his combed hair and thick glasses. Then he started to pick his nose. Eun Ji and I started laughing.

“Yah! Stop laughing!” Sun Mi hit us.

“Seriously, what do you see in that guy?”

 

My first 2 classes went by so slow. I was anxious on what Myungsoo had wanted to show me. Once the bell rang, I practically ran out of the door and to the main stairs. Myungsoo was already there. He smiled when he saw me and waved. I waved back and strode over to him.

“How was class?” he asked me.

“Itwent  by surprisingly slow for me.” I admitted.

“Same for me.” he grinned. “Come on...I have to show you that something.” he took my hand and led me to the Arts section of the school. The hallways were empty because it was lunchtime. He looked both ways before unlocking a door. On the door, there was a sign that said, 'STUDENTS OFF-LIMITS'

“Are you sure we're aloud to be in here?” I asked, as he turned the doorknob.

“You aren't, but I am. The school gave me permission.” he told me and pulled me inside.

It was pitch dark and I could feel his body hovering over mine. We were extremely close.

“Why is it so dark?” I asked.

“Because it's a dark room.” he flicked the lights on and everything turned purple. I could see everything in the room now. There were pictures of me everywhere.

“I wanted to show you the pictures I took of you.” he told me.

I examined them. They were beautiful. The setting and lighting was perfect.

 

“I didn't even need to put any effects on them. So I just decided to make these the old fashioned way instead of printing them out. They turned out great didn't they?” he asked looking at all of them.

“They're amazing!”

“I'm entering them into an art show. Which one is your favorite?” he asked.

“I like this one.” I pointed to the one of me blowing the dandelion. “Which one is your favorite?”

“I don't have one. You look beautiful in all of them.”

I looked at him and he smiled down at me.

“Wait, I thought you said that this was a project for your photography class!”

“I'm in photography, yeah, but we didn't have a project. I lied.”

“Why?!” I pouted.

“Because I wanted to spend time with you. I was scared you didn't want to.” he said and squeezed my hand, looking down.

I softened.

“I have one more photo. It's almost done!” he said and we walked over to the tub of water. He took the photo out and clipped it to the string just above his head.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Go look.”

I walked to the other side of the string to see the front of the picture. I gasped at what it was. It was rose petals all sprawled out on a field spelling words.

It read, 'Eun Byul, will be my princess for the dance?'

I blinked at it a few times, making sure it was real. I stepped to the side, making Myungsoo's face visible again. He was biting his lip.

“So...?”

 

We were walking down the empty hallway, going to the cafeteria when we saw Siwan running our way.

“What's up oppa?” I asked.

“Eun Byul! I've been looking for you everywhere!” he said, panting. He suddenly smiled. “Have you heard about the dance?” he asked.

I smiled up at Myungsoo.

“Well I was wondering--”

“Yeah, I'm going with Myungsoo.” He put his arm around me and pulled us close.

Siwan's smile faded almost instantly.

“W-what?”

 

==========

wooo! long update to make up for not updating the past few days. Sorry! *bows*