Chapter 10

More Than Family

 

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time before walking downstairs to where Myungsoo was waiting for me. His eyes widened when he saw me walking down the stairs. My mother clapped and squealed.

“You look beautiful honey!” my dad said and took pictures of me.

“Thanks dad.”

“I agree with your father.” Myungsoo said and smiled. He slipped the pink corsage on my wrist.

“Okay, okay! Couple picture! Get together!” My mom said, snatching the camera from my dad.

Myungsoo wrapped his arm around my waist as we posed for the picture.

“Another one!” my mom said. “Stand behind Eun Byul!” She ordered Myungsoo.

“Omma~” I whined.

“Hey...this is a once in a lifetime thing you know?!”

Myungsoo stood behind me and placed both hands on my hips. I thought that pose was cliché, so I just took both of his hands in mine instead. We smiled as my mom took another one.

“Ah...cute. Wait, where's Siwan? SIWAN-AH! Come take a picture with your sister!”

“Coming...coming...aish. Stop yelling.” I heard his voice.

 

He came down the stairs in his suit. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I had to admit, he looked incredibly handsome in it. My mom straightened up his tie and pushed him towards me. Myungsoo moved out of the way for Siwan to stand in his place. Siwan put his arm around my shoulder and smiled. My mom gave him a look.

“What?” he asked.

“That's not how you pose for a formal picture.”

Siwan rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around my waist. “Happy?”

“Okay, now smile!”

We smiled and the flash went off again. My mom showed my dad our picture and they started whispering to each other and giggling.

“What?! Is there something in my teeth?!” I asked.

“No. You two are a good couple. That's all.” Little did I know, she wasn't referring to Myungsoo and I.

 

Myungsoo put a loose strand of hair behind my ear and told me how lucky he was to have me as his date. In the corner of my eye, I saw Siwan glancing at us.

“Same. And you look great tonight.” I said to Myungsoo.

“Not as good as you. Trust me.”

“My ride's here. I'm leaving.” Siwan said in a monotone voice before opening the door and leaving.

“You two should head out too. You're already 20 minutes late.” My dad told us.

Myungsoo nodded and bowed to my parents.

“It's called fashionably late, dad.” I said and waved.

 

Once we were out of my parents sight, Myungsoo took my hand and led us to the sport car. Wait, SPORTS CAR?!

“We're going in this?!” I asked as he opened the door for me.

“Of course. I don't see any other car here except for your mom's old mini van.” he joked.

“Hey, don't hate on the van.”

He chuckled and walked to the drivers seat.

“But...my hair.” I frowned touching it.

“It's okay. We can put the hood down.” he said, pushing the button.

I sighed in relief. “Is this yours?”

“No, my noona's. But she let me borrow it.” he winked.

I smiled and looked around in it. “It's really nice.”

“Right? While the night is young, I should steal it and elope with you. How's that sound?” [a/n SOUND PERFECTLY OKAY WITH ME!]

“Um, I'm still young, and I haven't finished school yet so--”

“Kidding. Why elope when we could have a full out marriage?” he said and sped off.

 

We arrived at the dance and it was crowded. The lights were dim, and people were dancing on the dance floor. It was just your average high school dance except the provocative dancing was kept to a minimum.

“Whoa, the gym looks so different!”

Sun Mi ran up to me with her boyfriend. “You look great tonight!” she said and hugged me. She practically had to yell because of how loud the music was.

I hugged her back and said, “Thanks you too! Where's Eun Ji?”

Sun Mi scoffed and pointed the dance floor. I saw Eun Ji dancing with some boy that looked like Junyoung. Yup, it was him.

“Always going for the older ones.” Sun Mi and I shook our heads and laughed.

“Do you want to dance?” Myungsoo said, leaning close to my ear so I could hear him well.

I nodded and smiled at him. I waved to Sun Mi as Myungsoo took my hand and dragged me to the crowded dance floor. He placed his hand on my hips as we moved to the music. I gotta say, he was an awesome dancer. Things got heated as I turned around and he danced closer to my body. I felt eyes on me so I looked around and saw Siwan's piercing gaze. He was standing with Kwanghee and Minwoo with his hands in his pockets, watching me.

“What's wrong?” Myungsoo asked.

I shook my head. “Nothing.”

 

After a couple of fast songs, a slow song could be heard. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he hugged me close. I looked up and wiped a drop of sweat making it's way down the side of his face.

“You're sweating.” I told him.

“And you're the reason behind it.” he said. “Never have I ever danced with a girl before and definitely not like that.”

I bit my lip and looked down, embarrassed.

“I'll get some drinks.” he said and let go.

He took my hand and led me away from the dance floor.

“Wait here.” he said and half jogged to the drinks section.

As I fiddled with the end of my dress, I felt a hand grab my wrist tightly and pull me away. “Hey!” I said, trying to get out of the strangers grip. I looked back and saw Myungsoo looking around the room calling my name with two cups of water in his hands.

====================

chapter 10 already?! WOWZERSSS.