Chapter 4

More Than Family

 

Valentine's Day is tomorrow. I was in the kitchen making chocolates. I hope they turn out good. Last year, they were horrible. As I was pouring them into the heart shaped fillings, I was debating if I should confess to Siwan or not. Over the last couple of days, he would make my heart beat faster so much, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. When he'd get close to me, I'd get nervous. When he'd smile at me, I'd get butterflies. I would be the happiest when I would be with him. And when I was sad, he'd be the first person I'd think about and turn to. I'm not in love, am I?

Would he reject me? Would it make our relationship awkward? Would he avoid me? Or worse...would he have already confessed to someone and they be together? That would be humiliating. Confessing to my brother when he already had a girlfriend.

 

I sighed and started to decorate my friends chocolates. I turned my gaze to the remaining plain chocolates. I bit my lip before making the decision that yes, I would be confessing to him. No matter what happens, I'll still know that I had the guts to do it. Plus, I won't know if I won't try.

I took the pink icing and wrote 'I LOVE YOU' on the chocolates. Each letter belonged to a piece of chocolate. I placed the chocolates in a long flat box. I taped it and wrote, 'To: Siwan Oppa <3 Happy Valentine's Day'

Then I pursed my lips. When would I give it to him? Before school? During lunch? I snapped my fingers. After lunch! So that he could enjoy the chocolates as a nice dessert.

I placed all the boxes of chocolates in a bag and placed it on my desk so I wouldn't forget it tomorrow morning.

 

The morning I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I realized it was Valentine's Day and I ran to my bathroom to make sure I looked extra cute. I put my hair into two braids.

“Eun Byul! Come on! We're going to be late!” I heard Siwan call. I looked at the time. 7:16

!

I quickly grabbed my bag, and bag of chocolates before running down the stairs.

“What's all that?” he asked me.

“Chocolates.”

“For who?”

“None of your business.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

He pouted and pinched my nose. I giggled.

 

We arrived at school and he walked me to class.

“See you.” he said.

I waved.

I walked into the classroom and I noticed that everyone was crowded around my desk.

“Yah yah yah, what's going on?!” I yelled pushing my way through them.

“Eun Byul! You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend.” Sun Mi teased.

“Yeah! I thought we were best friends!” Eun Ji added.

“What are you talking ab--” I stopped when I saw a red rose on my desk and a note.

I picked up the note and it read:

Happy Valentine's Day. I hope we can meet in the future.

 

“What does it day?” Eun Ji craned her neck to see it. I shoved the note in my pocket.

“Nothing...” I sat down.

“Are those chocolates ours?” Sun Mi asked.

“Yeah. But wait til lunch to get them.” I said.

They nodded and turned around. The teacher walked in the room and everyone quickly went to their seats. I picked up the rose and smelled it. I smiled.

Secret admirer...?

 

At lunch I gave all of my friends their chocolates.

“Hey...these are actually good!” Sun Mi exclaimed.

“Yeah! Remember last year? We got the stomach flu.”

I hit Eun Ji. “Yah!”

I looked at the box at the bottom of bag. I looked around for Siwan. I saw his figure walk out of the cafeteria. I grabbed the box and quickly ran to him.

“See you guys in class!” I called back.

I looked around the hallway but he was no where to be found. I turned the corner and I saw him talking to someone. I smiled and made my way over. Then I saw who he was talking to. It was a girl. I recognized her, she's in the same class as him.

I opened my mouth to call him but then I stopped and felt my heart shatter to pieces. I threw the box away in the nearest trashcan and ran to the girls bathroom.

Is this really happening?

 

=====================

WHAT HAPPENED?!?!? hehehehe.