Chapter 5

More Than Family

 

By the end of the school day, I ran out of the school so quick, not even Dongjoon could catch me. I ran into my room and jumped on my bed. I cried until my eyes couldn't open anymore and I just fell asleep. I woke up to a knock on my door.

“Eun Byul...Eun Byullie...” it was his voice.

“Leave me alone!” I croaked.

“You didn't wait for me by the gates! Did something happen at school?"

Yes... “No.”

“Well...I have something for you. Can you open the door?”

I stalked over to the door and opened it to see his cute smiling face. But his smile faded when he saw my puffy red eyes.

“Have you been crying?”

“What is it?” I ignored his question.

“Uh...Here's your valentine's gift.”

“I don't want it.” I snapped.

He looked taken aback. “What?”

“I said I don't want it. Valentine's Day is overly marketed holiday.” I mocked his words and slammed the door.

Why was he doing this to me? He has a girlfriend and he still gives me a gift?

 

After long hours of thinking, I decided that I would treat Siwan as just my older brother now. I would try my best to keep my feelings hidden. I kept thinking back on yesterday and it was my motivation.

At dinner, the atmosphere was awkward. If mother was here, it wouldn't be, but it was just the two of us.

“Eun Byul...what are your feelings for me?” he suddenly asked.

I thought about what happened today at school.

 

FLASHBACK

Before I was going to call his name, I saw the girl wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him. I saw him grab her waist and I quickly turned around and ran away. Of course a guy like Siwan would have beautiful girls confessing left and right. He was bound to say yes to one of them. It was just all in my head and I let it get too far.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“You're my oppa, and will always be my oppa.” I answered.

He slightly nodded and continued eating.

“Mianhe...for how I acted.” I said, while we were washing the dishes.

He shook his head. “It's okay. We all have our days.” he looked at me and pointed to his mouth. 'You have some rice on your lips.”

I wiped it off and frowned. He normally would wipe it for me. Why was I expecting so much? He's only my oppa. He has a girlfriend that he could do those sweet things for.

The following day I ran down the stairs, grabbed an apple and put my shoes on.

“Aren't you going to eat?” Siwan asked, poking his head out the kitchen.

“No! I'm meeting Eun Ji at the cafe so we can walk together. Bye.” I said.

I sighed as I made my way to the cafe. This would be the first time in a long time, I'd be going to school without him by my side. But he's just my oppa.

 

 

SIWAN'S POV

I walked to school slowly as I tried to think of a solution to my problem. I've loved Eun Byul for years now, but she only thinks of me as her oppa. But I want to be more than that. It's impossible...I can't change the feelings she has for me, so I might as well return the feelings and just treat her as I would treat a younger sister. But I've never done it before. I don't know how to do it. Should I just watch some movies and follow them?

I looked to my right and sighed. I miss her. But how a older brother misses his sister, of course, right?

Wrong. 

 

========

:/