Chapter 14

More Than Family

 

It was silent as I stared into his eyes. He walked closer and closer. Each step he took, I took one back until my back hit the wall. He was hovering over me.

My gaze shifted to his lips and I thought about the kiss.

“Eun Byul. I love you.”

I blinked in surprise and looked at his eyes again.

“Bwoh?”

He didn't say anything. I tried to look for a sign of laughter in his eyes but there was none. He was serious.

“I've loved you all along. Ever since I knew what love was. I don't think of you as my sister, but as a girl. A very beautiful, smart girl. I know I'm your oppa but we aren't blood related. So I can't control my feelings. Believe me I've tried.”

I continued to stare at him.

“Will you give me a chance?” he asked.

I gulped. Right now, my heart is so confused.

He hugged me tightly and whispered in my ear.

“I don't need an answer right now, but don't keep me waiting too long.” he pulled away, kissed me on my forehead and walked away.

 

I let out the breath I was holding. I slid down to the ground and groaned.

“What the heck?” I whined and kicked my feet.

Maybe I should give Siwan a chance. My feelings for him never left, and he has loved me all this time. It all started to make sense. Why he was caring for me all these years. Why he never had a girlfriend. Why he was trying to separate Myungsoo and I.

I sighed. Myungsoo.

But I like him too.

I groaned in frustration again.

 

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming in my direction.

“Eun Byul!” It was Myungsoo.

“What are you doing? I was starting to get worried. I came looking for you.” he said and jogged over to me.

“Sorry. The bathroom on the ground floor was locked so I came up here and...”

“And?”

“Siwan oppa needed to talk to me about something.”

At the name 'Siwan' I saw Myungsoo's face harden.

“About what?”

I shook my head. “It was nothing.”

He crouched down in front of me. I stared into his deep, dark brown eyes.

“Are you sure? Your face is all red.”

I nodded.

“Let's go to back to the cafeteria.”

He nodded and took my hand.

 

We walked to the cafeteria and I sat down at his table.

“Where'd you guys go?” Sungyeol asked.

“Of course they went to make o--” Woohyun stopped when he got a glare from Sunggyu. It's like he knew what he was going to say.

“Hyung...seriously. Shut up.” Sungjong said.

“Maknae power.” Myungsoo high-fived him.

 

I put my chin on my hand and thought about Siwan's confession. It blew my mind that he has loved me all this time and didn't say anything. It also blew my mind that I had no idea of his feelings. Maybe that's why he didn't say anything...

My eyes wandered the cafeteria of students eating, talking and laughing. My eyes stopped at Siwan's table. I could see Kwanghee pestering him. Siwan's eyes met mine. He smiled. My heart fluttered and I unconsciously smiled back.

“Eun Byul!”

“Eun Byul!”

“What what?!” I asked.

“We've been calling you for like 5 minutes.” Dongwoo said.

I looked at Myungsoo. He looked at Siwan and then back at me an irritated face on.

“Mianhe...” I apologized.

“Are you sure you're okay?” he asked.

I nodded and finally started to eat my untouched lunch.

 

Then the bell rang.

I proceeded to class and sat down in my chair.

“How was lunch with your new boyfriend?” Sun Mi asked.

“Oh my god. For the last time, he is not my boyfriend.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yet.” they said together.

As soon as the teacher started the lesson, I realized something. I never really got the chance to use the bathroom.

I sighed. This is gonna be a long 3 hours.

 

=========

WELCOME BACK LOVELY CO-AUTHOR klutzyriceball!

 

<3333