Chapter 11

More Than Family

 

Oh yeah....i forgot to show you guys the dress and stuff. Dangit.

Dress:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/nokhathai/Clothes/prom2000_2090_33679497.jpg

Shoes:

http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/590/draft_lens4693542module34343442photo_1242650159BIGBCG.jpg

 

Siwan dragged me outside to our school garden. Once we were alone, he finally let go. I rubbed my now sore wrist.

“What the hell?!” I asked him, and wincing at the pain.

“Seriously, why did you agree to go with him to this dance and be his partner?” He looked distressed.

I looked at him in disbelief. Was he really asking me that? And why did he have to choose now to ask that question?

“I'm grown-up now and I can choose whoever I want to go with. I don't always have to go with my dear brother and his friends. I seriously don't know why you're getting so worked up about this...” I said before walking away and finding Myungsoo.

I spotted him with his friends in a corner. When he spotted me, he sighed in relief.

“There you are! Where were you?” he asked, handing me that cup of water.

I drank it all in one go.

“Siwan oppa just needed to talk to me about something...” I told him.

“Oh yeah, I've been meaning to tell you. Siwan looks nothing like your parents. While you on the other hand, are an exact replica of your mom.”

I looked at him. He didn't know?

“Uh, Siwan isn't my real brother. He's an adopted brother. We're not blood-related.” I told him.

He blinked in surprise.

“What?! H-he isn't your real brother?”

I shook my head.

“Well that changes a lot.”

“How?”

Myungsoo shook his head. “It's nothing. Come on, let's go get some snacks. I'm hungry.” he took my hand and led me to the snacks table.

I looked up and he was glaring at someone at the exit of the gym. I turned to look at who it was, but no one was there.

“Who were you looking at?” I asked him.

He shook his head and smiled. “No one.”

I shrugged.

 

Siwan's POV

The second she left, I ruffled my hair and kicked a bush.

“Damnit.” I cursed.

I made my way to the gym. I walked in and saw Eun Byul with Myungsoo at the snacks table. Jealousy boiled inside me again and I made my way towards the exit. Just before I was opening the door, I turned back to look at them. Myungsoo was glaring at me. I gladly glared back. When I saw that Eun Byul noticed him looking at me, I quickly opened the door and left before she could see me. I walked to the nearest bar and ordered a drink. They didn't ask for my ID. I guess I look pretty old with my tie and such. For the next couple of hours, my problems will fade.

 

Eun Byul's POV

Myungsoo drove me home after the dance. Once we arrived, he opened the door for me and led me to my door.

“Did you have fun?” he asked.

I nodded. “Lots. It was definitely better than going alone or with my brother and his friends.”

He smiled. “See you on Monday?”

“Definitely.”

“By the way, can I walk you to school everyday?”

“Sure.” I grinned.

He hugged me and whispered 'goodnight' before going back to his car and driving off.

I smiled to myself before stepping inside. My parents were already in bed because the lights were turned off. I leaned on the door and sighed. Tonight was the best night ever. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I opened the door and saw Siwan staggering in. He smelled like straight up alcohol.

 

“Siwan! Are you drunk?!”

“Tch. N-no. Why do ya think that?” he said, his voice very uneven.

“You sure look and smell like it.” I wrinkled my nose.

Suddenly he fell on the ground, totally passed out. My eyes widened. If my parents find him on the ground tomorrow morning, he'll be in huge trouble. I kicked off my heels and lifted him up. Oh god...he's so heavy. I threw his arm over my shoulder and my other arm supported his waist. After about 5 minutes, I managed to get him up the stairs. I was sweating now. What did he eat today?! I dragged him to his room. Just before I was going to push him onto the bed, he hugged me and pulled me with him. He fell on top of me.

“I might be your oppa...” he started to speak. “...but to me, you're a girl, a girl that I love and not my sister.”

My eyes widened in shock. But he was so drunk, he doesn't know that he's talking nonsense. I gazed at his face as he was staring down at me. I could feel my heart beating faster again. As I was lost in my own thoughts, I heard soft snores coming from him.

I groaned.

Seriously?!