Chapter 3

More Than Family

 

The next morning, we followed our morning routine and made our way to school. Once we arrived someone ran up to Siwan and threw their arm around his neck.

“Sup Woongjae.” It was Junyoung. I looked behind me and his whole 'crew' was there.

“Yah...seriously, don't call me that.” Siwan said and shook his arm off of him.

“Whatever. Are you going to come with us?” he asked.

“I don't even know where you guys are going, but no. I have to walk Eun Byul to class.”

“We're going to shoot some hoops.” Minwoo explained, throwing the ball up and catching it.

“Oppa, I can go by myself. You go ahead.” I assured.

“But--”

“Hey!” a voice said.

I looked up and Sunggyu walked over to us with his 'crew'. Both groups are very popular in our school. I've met some of them before.

“You guys are here! Let's go play together.” Hyungshik suggested.

Everyone agreed.

I took my bag from Siwan. When our hands touched, my heart started to beat faster.

“At the gates?”

“Like always.”

He touched my chin and left with the others while one stayed behind.

 

I noticed that I haven't seen him before.

“Are you new?” I asked him.

He nodded. “I transferred here last week. I'm Myungsoo.”

I introduced myself and asked, “Aren't you going to go play?”

“I'm not very good at sports. I suppose I'll just walk you instead of your brother.” he said.

I nodded.

Myungsoo and I walked together just chit chatting. He seems shy. He didn't talk much, just grinned and nodded.

We walked pass that same bulletin board Siwan and I passed yesterday.

I bit my lip. I wanted to give chocolates to someone this year but the boys in my school are either annoying, immature, or taken. There was Wooyoung sunbae, I think he's cute...but he has a girlfriend. There was Mr. Park, he's a good teacher...but it might be awkward. I'd probably just end up making chocolates for my best friends again. Every year we'd make chocolates for each other. Then I thought of Siwan...

“Eun Byul-sshi...Eun Byul-sshi!”

“Huh, what?”

“You're daydreaming.” Myungsoo stated.

I rubbed the back of my neck. “Mianhe. Oh, I've reached my classroom. Thanks for walking me!” I quickly said and ran into the classroom to continue my deep thinking.

 

During class, I kept having a mind battle with myself. I never thought that I would ever experience anything like this. I've always loved my oppa, but for nothing more. Why am I suddenly starting to feel this way with him?

After school, as usual I met up with Siwan at the gates.

“Let's go get some ice cream.” he suggested while we were walking.

“Ice cream? We haven't got ice cream in forever. What's the occasion?”

He shrugged. “I can't take my little baby out to ice cream?”

I blushed. He hasn't called me that in a long time.

He stared at me. “You are really acting strange lately. But it's okay. You look cute with pink cheeks.” he smiled one of his rare smiles.

I smiled back and we made our way into the ice cream parlor.

I ordered vanilla as he ordered chocolate. He paid for them and we made our way to some seats.

A girl walked pass our table.

“Annyeong Siwan sunbae!” she smiled and waved to Siwan.

Siwan smiled back and raised a hand.

I jammed the plastic spoon in my ice cream, almost making a hole in the foam cup, obviously not satisfied.

“Gwenchana?” he asked me.

I nodded and got up. “Let's go home.”

 

Once we walked through the door, I wanted to go to my room to sleep. It might calm my confused heart.

He grabbed my arm. “What's wrong with you today?” he asked me with a piercing gaze.

“I just want to go to my room.” I said and went up to my room.

“Just come down and eat dinner in little bit!” he called from downstairs.

After I got my homework done, I jumped on my bed and closed my eyes and easily got to sleep. But I was awoken from my nap when I felt an arm wrap around me. I opened my eyes and noticed that indeed, someone's arm was wrapped around my waist. I turned over and was met by Siwan's sleeping face. My eyes widened as I gazed at his face. Was oppa always this handsome? My eyes wandered on his facial features. My gaze stopped at his full, slightly pouted lips.

“Am I really that handsome?” I heard him say.

I gasped and looked up at his now open eyes.

“What are you doing here?”

“We haven't slept together in awhile, so I decided we could now. Just like old times.”

Once again, I could feel the blood creeping to my cheeks.

“Come on...let's eat dinner.” he said and pulled on my hand.

 

“How was school today?” my mom asked.

“Same 'ol, same 'ol.” I replied.

Suddenly, my mom's phone rang. “Hello? Now? Okay.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“There's a patient that needs emergency help.” she got up and grabbed her purse and keys.

“Tell your father I'll be home late tonight so he doesn't have to stay up.” she told us.

“Okay! Bye!” we yelled.

After Siwan and I were done eating, we did the dishes and made our way upstairs for a shower.

“Eun Byul...come here.” he said before I walked into my room.

“What is it?” I asked, walking to him.

His face got close to me and my eyes widened. His thumb wiped the corner of my mouth.

“You had rice on the corner of your mouth.” I felt his breath on my cheek.

He smiled, said 'good night' and proceeded to his room.

I put my hand over my racing heart, and sighed.

Why is he making my heart act like this?

 

======================

hehehe, things are getting heated. :D