Fifteen

Confused Love

 

 

“Welcome back!” 10 voices said in unison. A few fake smiles and hugs, Kyungsoo made his way to his room; he dropped his bags and slumped down on the bed. He walked over to the window and slowly opened it. Soon after he lit up a cigarette; he took a long drag and sighed. He should feel happy being back, but he doesn’t.

He heard a bed creak and he froze. He mentally face-palmed himself because he forgot that he had a roommate. He took one more drag before he threw it out the window. He left the window open a bit, it was getting a bit hot in the room suddenly.

Not caring about changing, he just stripped down to his boxers. He crawled into his bed and nearly moaned from the comfortableness. Oh, how much he missed his comfy bed.

“you smoke now?” a voice that came out more huskier than Kyungsoo remember it to be. He opened his mouth to answer back, but his throat started to swell up. He just hummed yes. Hopefully, the younger got the idea.

Kai pulled the covers back down under his chin after hearing that little hum. He started to contemplate on what to say next.

The other, however, took the silence as a green light to sleep. He closed his eyes and started to let sleep take over him. As stupid as it sounds, he feels like it’s easier to sleep with the younger in the same room.

Kai bit his lip and mentally counted to three, “welcome back”, he quickly cover his head and buried himself in the covers.

Kyungsoo quickly covered his mouth before a girly gasp came out. He squeezed his eyes shut and forced himself to brush that welcome off.

 

-

 

“Good morning kyungie!” Luhan cooed as sleepy Kyungsoo made his way in the kitchen. The rest of the members were seated and already started eating. Luhan placed his hands on Kyungsoo’s shoulders and guided him to take a seat next to Kris and Chen.

As he started to eat, he looked at the members sitting down and noticed one was missing. His heart dropped a bit. He paused a bit and looked down at his food.  A scoop filled with rice broke him from his thoughts.

“Here you go kyungie” Luhan smiled brightly.

“I’m not hungry though.”

Luhan leaned close to Kyungsoo’s ear, ”A certain someone gave up their rice for you,” he winked.

Kyungsoo blushed madly.

 

-

 

“Since you missed a couple of practices, Yixing will catch you up on dance moves.” Kris spoke too loudly for Kyungsoo’s taste.

Chen perked his head up, “Why can’t I teach him the moves? I am the dancing machine of this group.”

Xiumin smacked the back of Chen’s head, “OH shut up, mister Ithinkicandance.” And for the first time, Kyungsoo laughed, which surprised the members. They all smiled in awe. To them Kyungsoo was the cutest member when it came to laughing.

Once the members stopped drooling over Kyungsoo’s cuteness, Yixing gently pulled him aside to teach him the steps.

“Like this?” Kyungsoo asked. Yixing smile and clapped his hands.

“Wow, you learned them quicker than me” Yixing complimented Kyungsoo.

The both took a seat on the floor. Yixing handed Kyungsoo a water bottle and a towel.

“I’ve wanted to ask you-“Yixing got interrupted by Kyungsoo, “I’m fine”

Yixing didn’t want to press on the subject, since he was in no position to know anyways. “Then lets join the others.”

 

-

 

“So how does it feel being back?”

“Fine, I thought I would be happier, but… I just don’t”

“You’re always welcomed here”

“Jonghyun, you know I can’t do that. But thanks”

“I just want you to be happy”

“Me too”

“Get some rest, I’ll call you tomorrow”

“bye hyung”

 

Kyungsoo threw his phone on the nightstand next to his bed. He belly flopped on the bed and sighed. “Why am I so tired” he asked himself out loud.

The door creaked open and Kyungsoo heard footsteps walk into the room. “um” a voice cleared his throat. Others might find it hard to recognize someone by just their voice, but for Kyungsoo it was too easy. It was that same voice that gave him shivers down his spine and makes his cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

Kai shifted his weight from his left foot to the right. He was beyond nervous and he couldn’t stop fidgeting. He swiped his tongue over his bottom lip and opened his mouth. Just tell him dinner is ready, it’s that easy, he told himself.

“Dinner...” Kai cracked his knuckles nervously, “it’s ready”

Kyungsoo buried his head in his pillow, trying to resist the urge to look at Kai. He decided to take the easy way out; so he raised his hand up and stuck his thumb up.

Kai’s face contorted in both confusion and hurt. That was a coward move in Kai’s book. He slump his shoulders down and walked out the room.

Once Kyungsoo heard that door close, he sat up and almost pulled all his hair out.

“I’m such a ing coward!”

 

-

 

It took 10 minutes for Kyungsoo to take his seat at the table. After staring at him, the members continued to talk with their mouths full with food.

After a while, everyone was rubbing their stomachs and complaining about the amount of food they ate.

Yixing yelled from the kitchen, “Guys, make room for some special!” Soon after he came out with a Chocolate cake that was decorated with Pink and Gold flowers; Everyone’s’ stomachs started to growl again.

Weirdly, Yixing placed the cake in front of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s cheeks became slightly pink from all the attention he was receiving.

“Cut the cake kyungie!” Luhan squealed while passing the knife to him.

Once everyone got a slice of cake, everyone dug into their piece like they never had cake before. Kyungsoo slipped the first bite past his lips and his eyes widen. A burst of flavor exploded in his mouth like fireworks.  “Yixing, did you buy this?” he asked.

Yixing smile brightly, “why do you like it?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “I love it”

He was startled when Yixing started clapping and giggling like a school girl. “Kai made it” he manage to say between giggles. “For you”

Kyungsoo’s cheeks flared in a deep red color. He looked around for the baker and he surprised himself when he found him sitting at the end of the table a bit distant from everyone else.

After thinking for a second Kyungsoo stood up, receiving stares from everyone except the baker, he ran over to Kai.

Kai looked up and blinked. He didn’t know if Kyungsoo was really standing there or if it was his imagination again.

“I-I…um” Kyungsoo bit his bottom lip while blushing madly “Thank you” He wrapped his arms around the younger’s neck and squeezed him close. “It was delicious” he whispered, making Kai shiver.

Kai came back to reality and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist, “I’m glad you like it”

They pulled apart blushing like idiots. The rest of members were hollering like dogs and fought for seconds.

 

 

Both Kai and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel like a wave of fresh air whirled around them.