Nineteen.

Tracing To You : When Love Strikes.

"Hey," 

 

Minho looked at me, and smiled a little before turning to look at the water. 

 

I went out looking for him, after hearing he was taking a week off, reason cause of Halmonim's passing. I didn't manage to talk or even look at him while he was home. He had been keeping himself busy, cleaning up Halmonim's stuff and keep everything as it is. I bit my lip, drowning myself in studies and training. Kai has been texting me after hearing what happened to Halmonim but I hadn't reply or return any of his texts and calls. 

 

The only one that was on my mind the whole time was MInho. Not him. 

 

I went up next to him, leaning against the railing. The small park that stretched from one end of the river to the other was busy and buzzing with people living their lives. Kids running around and catching each other, Young people jogging. Elders walking around and taking the sight of the beautiful river as the sun set in the distance. 

 

I didn't want to say anything, afraid I would say something that would hurt him. I fumbled and looked at my fingers, playing with the ring that Unnie and I had together. I bit my lip and looked at our reflection in the river, wondering what does it feel like to be in love... to be with him. 

 

He looked out and sighed. 

 

"How did you find me?" He asked, looking at the water. 

 

"I...I... it was the first thing that I thought of. I mean," I fumbled with my words, "When it comes to you...." 

 

He smiled and chuckled, looking at the distance. "Look, Min Jae..." 

 

"You don't have to talk about it," I said, looking at him and turning to face him, "I mean if you are uncomfortable with it still... I know how much Halmonim mean to you but..." 

 

"Kencanah..." He smiled, facing me and looked the ground, "I should be moving on, but I spend the last months with her.... Eversince....Eversince you and Hye came in...." 

 

His voice was close to cracking and I quickly conjure something to say to stop him. 

 

"I...I...I..." I bit my lip, "I remember you taking me here...." 

 

He stopped and I felt his eyes on me. I looked away, blushing and faced the mirror. 

 

"I remember that time where you were taking me around but you brought me here after lunch...." I smiled and looked at my hands as I remember every detail, "I remember how you held my hand as you....you brought me here...." 

 

He seem distracted at least but I need something to distract him. I was feeling the pressure as he stared at me, his eyes looking straight into me. 

 

"You told me... You told me..." I giggled and felt my voice cracking up, as the tears wanted to stream down, "You told me you would show this to someone you love... you would share the moment... the place where Halmonim took you too...." 

 

I looked up and wiped my tears as they fell. The more I say it, the more I couldn't lie to myself. I love him... but I can't bring myself to accept him. I looked at the sun set and then at the time. I chuckled and looked at the watch, before looking at him. 

 

"It was exactly this time, at this spot where we were both enjoying the view. Where you first tell me about... about sharing the view with someone...." 

 

Minho looked at me and a small smile stretched across his lips. 

 

"Min Jae..." He said, "I know... I know I have said it a lot of times... But... But... "

 

I bit my lip and looked at him, as he looked for the words to say. 

 

"Do you... Do you love me?" 

 

I bit my lip and looked at him, staring at his eyes as he looked straight into mine. He took a step forward. 

 

"You may think that its not... not the time to say it... but other that Halmonim's passing...." 

 

"Min Jae... You have been on my mind and I... I can't think... I can't do anything properly!" He blurted out, sighing frustratedly and looked on the ground. 

 

"Min..." I bit my lip and looked at him, "Minho...." 

 

"Do you love me?" He asked, taking my hands and squeezed them, "Tell me please... I'm begging you...." 

 

I looked at him and bit my lip, "Minho...." 

 

"I... I can't stand watching you..... being with other guys...." He bit his lip, "I just can't... I want to be them instead of where I was everytime...." 

 

"Minho! Please!" I shook him slightly

 

He looked at me and blinked,staring at me. His eyes were deep and full of love. My heart was breaking as I looked at him, spitting out another lie.

 

"I...I... I don't... I don't love you.... I'm sorry...." 

 

His hands fell as he looked at me. His tears were b and he looked at me. 

 

"W-w-wae? What did... What did I do wrong?" 

 

"Its not you.... Its.... Its me...." 

 

Before my tears threatened to fall, I left him there, running all the way to SM Academy, tearing along the way and bumping into strangers. 
 

All I could hear in my mind was his frustrations and that one solid question. 

 

'Do you love me?'