Twenty.

Tracing To You : When Love Strikes.

"Hey MIn Jae..." 

 

I bit my lip and tried not to look at him. I know I should be heading to training at this moment but I didn't want to skip either. I was running late and my vocal teacher will probably kill me for not having to show up on time. She going to kill me more if I don't show up at all. I gulped and looked for a way to avoid him. 

 

However, it was too late to even think when he took a step forward and looked at me. I looked away when he did. He noticed the sudden action and quickly lift my chin to look at him. 

 

"Min...Min Jae...." He brushed his thumbs under my eyes, brushing my tear-stained cheeks, "Wae?" 

 

I didn't want to say anything. I felt loss at the moment and all I feel like doing is... 

 

Unnie... I need you.... you are always there for me....

 

Kai sighed heavily, taking my wrist gently. I looked at him as he looked at me. 

 

"Come on..." He said, "Let's talk somewhere private...." 

 

Just like that, he was leading me gently to a corner, making me sit down. I sat down on the leather sofa and bit my lip. Kai didn't sit beside me but knelt in front of me. He looked at me and sighed heavily, his shoudlers slumped forward. He brushed my hair back and bit his lip. 

 

"Tell me love...." He said soothingly, "Tell me what's wrong...." 

 

I didn't want to. He was one of them and simply the cause of my well being now is MInho. I bit my lip when I remember how he looked when he heard me saying something that was utterly a lie. 

 

That hurt and pain flashed across his face and that pain in his eyes. His hands falling to his sides, shaking slightly in uncertainty. I bit my lip and felt as if a shotgun bullet just shot through my heart. My insides were turning and I was hurting. 

 

"Min Jae?" Kai asked me when he saw me turning away from him, not even looking at him. He sighed and touched my hands. 

 

"You're cold..." He said, kissing my hands, "I'll get something warm..." 

 

He went up and ran. I hear his footsteps disappearing and then it was silence. The defeaning silence and me. The moment when its just you and you. All you think about is what is going on with your life. I bit my lip and fought the urge to cry again when I remember the words Minho told me. I fell back on the chair and let the tears fall, covering my face. 

 

I love you... I love you, MInho... I'm so sorry....

 

"MIn Jae?" 

 

Kai came back and I didn't notice his footsteps. I sat up and looked at the small things he brought. He sat down beside me, the leather squeking from where he was sitting. I would have laughed and made fun of it but I didn't have the urge to do it. He set the small styrofoam bowl of ddeokbboki and pass me a simliar cup to his. 

 

"Here...." He said, helping me when he saw my hands were shaking. 

 

I took it with boh hands and without thinking about the scalding in my tongue and throat, the sweetness of the cocoa and sugar mixed together with hot water was getting into my system. I felt slightly better and sighed heavily. Kai rubbed my back and bit his lip. 

 

"Hey... kencanah? That was hot... you just swallowed it down...." 

 

I nodded and sighed. He drank a bit from his cup before he set the cup down by his feet. He fished out a fish cake and blew on it. Steam was escaping and the smell of the red chili paste and spring onions filled my nose. I could only feel my mouth salivate more as Kai blew on it. He pushed the fork to my face and posiitioned it near my mouth.

 

Without hesitation, I took it and savour the fish cake in my mouth. It was hot but it was better that what it could have been just now. I chewed and swallowed just as he kept on feeding me, slowly. 

 

A moment later, the bowl was in the bin, along with the empty styrofoam cups. He sighed and made me lean on his shoulder, as we both sat there, stiff and awkward. He sighed and looked at the ceiling as I stared at the floors. 

 

"Min Jae...." He said, rubbing my arms, "Kencanah?" 

 

I nodded, knowing it was another lie I made to myself. I gulped and stayed where I was, not daring to move. He sighed and bit his lip. 

 

"I got so distracted nowadays...." He said absentmindlessly, smiling to himself, "Hyungs tell me often and I just brush it off. However, I know its true... cause there's something that keep bothering me." 

 

I didn't see where he was going with this. He looked at me and pat my hair soflty, treading his fingers in my hair. I just let him be, looking at the wall now. 

 

"I never thought I would be here... or would be where I am now...." He smiled and continued, "But I'm happy...right now..." 

 

I realise where he was saying with all this and pulled away. Kai looked at me and sat up as well, looking at me. Before I know it, he took my hand and looked at me. 

 

"I love you, Park Min Jae...." He said, "You have been lingering in my mind lately and you have capture my heart... What can I do?" 

 

"What can I do? My heart literally smile when I see you around, especially when you smile and looked at me. It feels like I'm the luckiest guy on Earth to get your beautiful smiles.... When we talk, I feel like I know you already... When you're not there, my heart yearns for you..... And...And when you're in pain, I want to be there for you...." 

 

He brushed my hair back and stared at me. He squeezed my hand and looked down. 

 

"I don't know... I don't know what to do now.... " He said, his voice cracking, "But ... I really do, love you...." 

 

"I'm thirsty..." I said coldly, my eyes threated to release another set of tears. 

 

"I'll go get some...." He said and kissed my forehead. 

 

I close my eyes when I felt his lips on my skin and I regretted it when the first few stray tears fell down and hit the floor. He left already, heading to get more drinks. 

 

I hugged myself and started crying. 

 

"I can't do this..." I said, punching my chest in frustration, "I can't do this!" 

 

I sniffed and hide my face as I teared, wiping them when I heard his footsteps nearby. He came back and pass me another cup of hot chocolate. 

 

"Don't drink everything up in one shot...." He chuckled softly, "You'll burn internally and it will affect your vocal chords....." 

 

I nodded coldly and drank up, avoiding his gaze as he looked at me throughout the whole time. 

 

* * * * * * 

 

I left the buliding the moment I heard everyone did. I followed behind the footsteps of the trainees like me, not joining in any conversation. I bit my lip as I walked just as someone pulled me back. 

 

"Min Jae!" 

 

I paused and notice the everyone was looking at me. I ignored them as they began to talk about me, glancing my way with that digusted look. I looked at Kai and waited till we are alone. 

 

"What?" I bit back coldly. 

 

He cringed at the cold words and sighed heavily. 

 

"Let me send you home, please?" 

 

I bit my lip and looked away. I didn't want to say no but as I looked at the carpark now, Minho's car wasn't in sight. I gulped and turned back to him. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo happened to come out at that time and looked at us. They just watch, not saying a word and exchanging glances. I bit my lip, not wanting to embarass him but wanting to be alone at the same time. 

 

"Min Jae...." Kai made me look at him, his tone pleading. 

 

"Hitch a ride with us..." Chanyeol suggested, getting slap by Kyungsoo and a sharp glare to shut him up. 

 

I was about to say yes when someone pulled me away. I was shocked and looked back to see the three of them looking at me and the person who took me away. 

 

 

"YAH!" I screamed, trying to get him to let me go.

 

Aish... this overprotective guy. 

 

"YAHH!!!!" I managed to shove him away, making him let go of my hand. He caught himself and straightened his posture. He snapped his head at me, looking at me with hurtful and glaring eyes. 

 

"What is wrong with you?!" I raised my voice at him, "Whats wrong with hanging with other guys?!" 

 

He fumed, his nostrils flaring as he straightened himself and looked at me, turning his whole body towards me. 

 

"You still don't get it, don't you?" He replied back, his eyes glazing in controlled anger. 

 

I took a deep breath and sighed heavily, my chest rising and falling frustratedly. I looked  at him more as the night began to get darker and darker. 

 

He was close to having me but I couldn't let him get to me yet. I bit my lip, looking at him and then turned away slightly. I could hear the footsteps of the others coming close, pausing by the front door. But from where we were, they couldn't be spotted at all. 

 

Moreover, Minho was staring at me the whole time. I gulped and looked up, turning my head to face him. 

 

"Yah!" Minho called on me again, "Jeongmal pabo yah?!" 

 

"NUGUYAH PABO!" I shouted back, my anger flaring again by just the tone of his voice and the choice of his words. 

 

"You are the fool!" He spoke up, "Don't you see that I'm in love with you?!" 

 

I bit back and looked at him. 

 

"I do!" I shouted back, "I do see!" 

 

He looked at me, a little stunned when he heard my words. He took a step back like someone shove him. He stared at me and opened his mouth. There was a silent moment between us, nothing was exchange except our stares straight into each other's eyes. I gulped and felt my tears coming back again. I looked down and panted, anger flaring in me. 

 

"M-m-mwoh?" Minho was still in shock, "What... Then... Why...." 

 

I bit my lip and looked at him straight in the eyes. 

 

The night was silent and nothing else was heard. The cold breeze was the only thing that we could feel and if we had something hearing skills, he could have hear my heart beating. Fast and hard, not because of anger. 

 

Because of him. 

 

I looked at him, my tears streaming down. 

 

"I...I... I love you too...." I said, tearing as the truth finally came out, "CHOI MINHO, YOU PABO! I LOVE YOU!" 

 

I cried and almost stomped my feet there in anger, my face in a mess. 

 

I heard footsteps walking straight to me and in two long strides, MInho cupped my face and crashed his lips on mine.