Eighteen.

Tracing To You : When Love Strikes.

Once more, the next morning, MInho wasn't there. 

 

It got me worrying, biting my lip occasionally till it bleed. Key was nagging at me about my lips, taking me out to get some lip balm and some facial products. I was too busy and tired to care about how I look. Key totally drag me to the facial shops nearby, getting me expensive products. 

 

I sighed, coming back to the house with paper bags of facial products, dumping them at the corner of my room before running to the main house and found Halmonim resting on her bed. I went up to her and smiled, tucking her in. 

 

She stirred, looking at me and took my hand. She had gotten weaker and she totally lost her appetite since Hye Rim unnie been taken away. I smiled and kissed her hand, nuzzling my face to her hand. 

 

"Halmonim...." I smiled, looking at her, "Have you eaten?" 

 

"Aniyo...." She tried to sit up and I quickly helped her up. 

 

"Could you make me some chicken soup?" She asked, her voice raspy and weak. 

 

I nodded and smiled, pecking her cheeks. 

 

"Give me a moment, Halmonim...." I quickly went to the kitchen and started taking out the ingredients for the chicken soup. 

 

I wore the pink apron Key bought for me, grabbing it off the hook. There was a blue apron and it was catching dusts. I sighed and touched the fabric of the blue one, similar to mine and bit my lip. I remembered those times Hye Rim unnie would wear this and start cooking, smiling when I popped out from the door, watching her. 

 

"Min Jae ah... Back from school? Are you hungry? Shall I make for you some food?"

 

I bit my lip and felt my heart swell a little as I missed her. I quickly rubbed my face a little, splashing some water on my face before cooking. 

 

Letting the soup to boil, I wiped my hands on my apron and went to check on Halmonim. 

 

I pushed the door slightly opened, looking in and saw her resting peacefully. I bit my lip and entered quietly, leaving the door slightly ajar and sat by her, tucking her in. 

 

I froze when I accidentally touch her hand. I bit my lip and with hesitation, I slowly reached to touch her hand. 

 

Her hand was cold. 

 

"Halmonim?" I called out to her, squeezing her hand slightly, "Halmonim?" 

 

She didn't stir. 

 

My heart was racing and I panicked, gripping her shoulders firmly and shook her slightly. I bit my lip, my tear ducts were active and were prepared. 

 

"Halmonim? Halmonim?!" I called out to her more, shaking her slightly. 

 

She just laid there, that small smile on her lips, her eyelids shut without any sign of stress or pain. I looked at her peaceful figure, retreating my hands away. My tears were rolling down my cheeks as I watched her a little. I let my head hung low and for the first time for a long time, I prayed for her. 

 

 

* * * * * 

 

The sun was shining but I was sweating. I didn't want to move much but I couldn't helped it. 

 

The black hanbok was thick and had many layers but I stood by the door as I greeted everyone, bowing and nodding when people were giving their condolences. Minho stood by my side in black suit, nodding and bowing with me. 

 

His parents were in the room, handling the visitors that were coming in. I bit my lip, excusing myself after standing for 4 hours without rest, greeting the crowd. I escaped to the kitchen where I sank on the seat. 

 

By the time I sank, my legs were wobbling crazily in fatigue. I wanted to reach for a drink or at least something to eat, but I couldn't bring myself to go and take it. I was too weak and tired to even do anything now. I reached for my phone and tried calling the same number over and over. 

 

"Unnie...." I bit my lip, "Answer please..." 

 

I have been trying to contact her but she wasn't answering. She never replied to any of my emails that I have been sending, nor returning my calls. I was getting worried for her but Halmonim's passing was overwhelming me. 

 

Just calling on her, was bringing tears to my eyes. My mind drifted to remembering all the times when Halmonim was with her, smiling and laughing contentedly. Both of them were so close, it was touching and sometimes I got jealous of their closeness. 

 

"MIn Jae?" 

 

I blinked and wiped my tears, looking up when I saw Onew walking in. He went over to the counter and grabbed a glass of water to drink. I realise my phone had fallen on the table. My hands were frozen as I saw the screen suddenly brightened and I saw the number of seconds began to start counting. 

 

Unnie was on the phone but I was too shock to reply her. I could hear her voice trying to get my attention but I reached over and ended the call. 

 

I got hold of her but... 

 

"Igeo..." Onew handed me a glass of water, "You look pale...." 

 

I didn't bother hearing what he was talking after that, as he suddenly put a plate of fruit cakes in front of me and a glass of tea. He was saying something about eating but... 

 

"Hey...." Minho walked in then and I only began to move a little, reaching for a cake and bit on it, chewing it slowly. Onew was gone and I didn't know how long the time had passed. 

 

Minho bend down by my side, pushing the chair to make me look at him. My eyes were glazed with tears, and my cheeks were wet but my mind was still in a state of shock. 

 

Did Halmonim just passed away? 

 

"Min Jae?" Minho reached for my hand and squeezed it, "Min Jae? You look pale...." 

 

I was still dazed, my mind clouded and I felt myself trembling slightly. I saw Minho stood up and grabbed a chair, sitting beside me and took both my hands.

 

"Hey...." He reached for a cake and put it in front of me, "Come... eat up...." 

 

I blinked, my eyes moved straight onto his face. 

 

Minho looked horrible too, his eyes were swollen and his cheeks were flushed. He looked more horrible than me in that sense but I think to him, I looked more horrid. He looked at me, leaning closer so that my line of eyesight was meeting his. 

 

"Look at me, Min Jae...." He said, brushing his thumb under my eyes, wiping my tear-stained cheeks, "Eat up.... everything's okay..." 

 

I barely could get my mouth to open. I looked at him, looking deeply into his eyes and my heart swelled in pain when i realise just how much Halmonim must have meant to him. Before I know it, my arms were around his neck and I was his coat, crying into his shoulder. 

 

He just held me, pulling me on to his lap, hugging me tightly. I couldn't control anymore and I was tearing and trembling, looking like a mess. 

 

"Everything's okay...." He muttered in my ears, his voice cracked, "It will be...." 

 

I felt the patch of wetness seeping through the right shoulder of the hanbok, only in my heart, I know he was crying softly in the embrace.