The Last Folder

Dear EXO, She's Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai stopped his car in front of an old house that had the name, 'Children's Orphanage' written on an old piece of wood that was hung up in front of the house. You got out of the car with Kai and the two of you made your way to the house.

"It's been a long time since I've been here." Kai spoke as his eyes scanned around the place, "Nothing much has changed." 

You just followed his footsteps towards the front door, the two of you enter it quietly, "Hello? Mrs. Ting?" Kai called out. You and him waited for someone to respond, but it was quiet. 

"Hello? Anybody here?" You called out too and scanned the area, it was quiet. "Huh, could it be she's out having lunch or something? I mean, it's past twelve." You stare at your watch and the time read 1:07p.m. 

"Hmm, past twelve..." Kai started to wonder and suddenly he look up as he had just figured out something. "Come on." He said and went to the back, you just followed him making sure to stick by him. The two of you walked down the hallways of the orphanage, it was dark and had a little bit of sunlight shining in, it looked abandoned.

But there were portraits and pictures hung up on the walls, either it was really abandoned or the owner moved away without wanting to clean things up. You pass by many pictures, scanning each and every one of them. A picture caught your eye, you stopped on your tracks and blinked at the picture. It was Kai.

"Kai.." You called out. Kai stopped on his tracks and turn around, he came over to your side with furrowed eyebrows. "What is it?" He asked. You just continue to stare at the picture, Kai followed your gaze and his eyes widened for a short moment before it softened up.

"Oh, that." He spoke. You just turn to him. "So this is your current parents now? The ones who adopted you?" You asked. Kai nodded, "Yeah..." "Were they kind to you?" You asked. Kai just snorted at that then chuckled slowly. "Kind? Yeah! They were very kind." He spoke rather loudly that anyone could hear that hint of sarcasm in it. 

You just frowned at him and Kai just gave you a shrug. "What?" You just shook your head. "You can just be honest and tell me they ." You turn your gaze back to the portrait and gaze at it for a short moment. "Your parents look strict, and... rich." 

"They are." Kai said and you turn to him, his gaze was on you. You saw a hint of anger in his eyes and loneliness too. "They always force me to do stuff that I never like." "Like what?" You asked.

"Like modelling, and going for advertisment auditions. Preventing me from doing the stuff that I like when I was young." He said and turn his gaze back to the portrait, you just followed him and look back at the portrait. 

"I like dancing." He spoke. "It was the only thing that made me feel myself. I felt like dancing is something that can bring my troubles away, and reminds me of my real dad. I dance secretly every night when lights are out. But I was caught once when my mom woke up for a glass of water. She banned me from dancing ever since that mishap. She made sure I was sound asleep then she would go to her bed. She even kept away my iPod, the one and only iPod I bought for myself through my own money." 

You were silent, Kai's words and the way he spoke it. The way his eyes showed fury and pain, you can relate well with most of it. But you can't feel all of his pain, having a parent that forces you to do something you dislike is the worst feeling ever. *It's sad.* You thought, *He doesn't want to hate them. But his parents acting like that, makes him selfless. He has no choice to hate them. Cause,* You look back at him, you saw his eyes piercing through the portrait.

*His love for dancing is just that strong. It's his nature.* You smiled. *That's really precious.* 

Kai just turn to you and furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you smiling for?" "Nothing. Anyways," You turn your gaze away from him and started to walk away. Kai just watch as you went away and frowned. *Weird girl indeed.* 

You went pass Kai's portrait and spotted a familiar face. You stopped halfway and stare at the picture long, real long. "This person..." You spoke, the boy had a flower boy charm to him even though he was really young. You can see him growing up to be a flower boy. 

"That..." Kai spoke. "Is my brother." 

You turn your head to Kai, he was standing beside you now, shoulders bumping one another. You just raised a brow at him. "Your brother? How did you know?" 

"Can't you see? He has an EXO aura in this picture." Kai said as his eyes stayed close to the picture. "He's one of my brothers." 

"What aura? I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter