After you

Dancing in the rain

Kaia POV

 

Kaia:"TAXI!" I shouted, waving my hand in the cold windy air. 

 

One pulled up in front of me as I stood by the entrance of SM. I grabbed the door and pulled it open.

 

Driver:"Where to mam?"

 

Kaia:"Errm... t-train station, please,"

 

Driver:"Okay... you want the closest?"

 

Kaia:"Yes," Because that's where my father would be.

 

Driver:"No problem, hop in and I'll take you where you want to go,"

 

Kaia:"Thank you," I jumped in and closed the door behind me. When that was done and I had my seat belt on, the driver pulled away from the pavement and drove down the road. I curled up and lent my head on the window.

 

I don't want to do this! I don't want to go home! Was all that was running through my head. Why did Father have to find out? He was going to sooner or later, but why now?

 

Just then, in the side mirror of the taxi I saw him. I saw Leeteuk.

 

My heart leapt. What was he doing? He was chasing the taxi! He was never going to make it... He can't make it. If he did, then I would never be able to leave. It had to be this way. No matter how much I wanted to stop the taxi. I couldn't

 

Kaia:"I'm sorry Leeteuk... I love you," I whispered to myself as tears began to fall.

 

 

Leeteuk POV

 

Once the manager had stopped speaking he guided me out the room and closed the door behind me. I looked around for Kaia, but I couldn't see her.

 

Leeteuk:"Kaia?"

 

There was no reply, so I tried again.

 

Leeteuk:"Kaia?"

 

Still nothing.

 

Then I saw it. A small envelope on the chair outside the office. I could see my name inscribed on the front. Was it from Kaia? At that I lunged at the paper. I opened it but there was nothing inside. However there was something written on the back.

 

Dear Leeteuk
I'm sorry things had to end this way and I hate to do this but I have no other choice
I love you
It would have never worked between us, sorry
Kaia

 

I stood there. Not moving. Holding the envelope in my hands. Starring down at it... Tears began to fall from my eyes when I saw that she had crossed out 'I love you', so I wiped then away quickly.

 

Leeteuk:"B...but...but, what? W-Why?" I spun around, looking around the room wildly for Kaia, hoping that it was all a joke. Maybe it was a dream? I hadn't yet woken up? Please, please be that!

 

Leeteuk:"KAIA!"

 

Why did she write 'I love you' then cross it out? Did she not mean it? Maybe someone is forcing her to leave. She would have told me before if she were going to leave, so it must have been while I was talking to the manager.

 

But where did she go?

 

She couldn't have gone far, the ink was still wet, I could smudge he name. Even the paper was damp. There were small drops of water on its surface. Was she crying?

 

Leeteuk:"KAIA!"

 

I had to go after her. I don't care what ever reason she has left, I  will go after her. Putting the envelope in my pocket I sprinted as fast as  could down the corridor.

 

It must have taken her a while to make it to the front of the building because she doesn't know her way. I thought. Thus, giving me more time. Even so I couldn't take any chances so I increased my speed.

 

Which was a mistake because as I turned a corner I heard my ankle crack and I collapsed to the floor.

 

Leeteuk:"Agh!" I griped my ankle "!" It didn't seem good. I looked around but there was no one there. Why was there no one!? Where was everyone!?

 

Wincing I lent on the wall and used it to pull myself up. My ankle was still in a world of pain. I could barely put any pressure on it. However time was running out. If Kaia left I wouldn't know where she was going. So I had to catch her quickly. Using the wall as leverage I limped as fast as I could through the corridors.

 

***

 

When I finally limped my way to the entrance I saw kaia standing alone outside through the glass door, waving her hand in the air. 

 

Leeteuk:"KAIA!" The people around me stared at me as I shouted, but I no longer cared. They could look all they want. I wasn't going to ever care.

 

The wall I was leaning on and ended, and no one around me seemed eager to help. Maybe I could just make it across. Still having one hand on the wall I pushed away until I reached the point where I was leaning on the wall vire my fingertips. Taking in a deep breath I dropped my hand from the wall and shifted all my weight from my bad foot to my good one.

 

Still no one had dared come to help me. I hopped over to the main desk at the front and gripped onto it before I lost my balance.

 

Leeteuk:"Agh!" I lent forward as I thought I was about to be sick.

 

Receptionist:"Hello can I-" She looked up and gasped, "Oh Mister Park! What...? Are you alright?"

 

I ignored her and turned around to see Kaia; A taxi had just pulled up in front of her and the driver was lent over the seat asking her where to go.

 

Leeteuk:"No!"

 

I pushed away from the desk and ran to the door. The pain in my ankle was agonizingly painful, but I dealt with it and continued to run through the door of the main entrance of SM.

 

However I was too late, the taxi had already taken off and was slowly making its was down the road.

 

Leeteuk:"KAIA!"

 

I followed the car and sprinted down the road. Chasing after the taxi as fast as I could go with my injured ankle.

 

Leeteuk:"Taxi stop!"

 

She must have seen me, how could she not, I was a limping idiot running after a yellow taxi. Then why hadn't she stopped the car? Surly she would stop it if she could see me.

 

But maybe she couldn't, and the car was getting further away I wasn't going to make it. The pain in my foot finally took over and I fell to the hard concrete.

 

Leeteuk:"Agh!"

 

I lay there for what seemed like forever. Hanging on the thought that I would never see Kaia again, and I just blew my one and only chance of getting her back. There was no way I could run anymore. It was all over.

 

I forgot that I was, in fact, lying in the middle of the road. Until I heard a loud beep of a car horn right beside me and a voice shout out to me. However it wasn't what I was expecting.

 

(?):"Hyung?!"

 

I looked up slowly to see Kyuhyun staring down out me.

 

Kyuhyun:"Hyung get up your in the middle of the road,"

 

(?):"Help him up Kyuhyun! Quickly! Before he gets hurt,"

 

Kyuhyun quickly wrapped my arm around my shoulder and lifted me up off the floor.

 

Leeteuk:"Agh! No, no I can't, I can't," I cried when pressure hit my ankle.

 

Kyuhyun:"Few more steps Hyung then we're at the car," Then he spoke not to me but the other I hadn't yet been able to see.

 

Kyuhyun:"Hyuk, I'll drive, there's something wrong with Teuk and we need a good first aider like You,"

 

Eunhyuk:"Alright, give him to me, and you get in the front,"

 

I saw Eunhyuk jump out of the car and wrap my other arm around his shoulder as Kyuhyun let go. My mind hadn't quite yet understood what was going on. I thought Eunhyuk was meant to be with Donghae and Siwon filming, and it was Kyuhyun's day off, so I thought he would be shopping with Zhou mi.

 

Leeteuk:"What... What are you guys doing here?" I asked as Eunhyuk fought to open the back passenger door.

 

Kyuhyun:"Eunhyuk was kicked out of the filming set because he was too loud and I had to pick him up," He answered from the drivers seat.

 

Once Eunhyuk finally had the door open he helped me in and closed it behind me. Before running around the car and getting in the opposite door.

 

I hit Kyuhyun's shoulder to get his attention:"Kyuhyun, follow that yellow taxi up ahead," I ponteed to the small yellow dot on the road ahead

 

Kyuhyun:"What?"

 

Leeteuk:"Just do it- agh!"

 

I winced when Eunhyuk lifted my bad foot onto his lap:"What are you doing?"

 

Eunhyuk:"It looks really bad, you should go to the hospital-"

 

Leeteuk:"No, I got to follow that taxi!"

 

Kyuhyun:"But-"

 

I gripped onto the scruff of Eunhyuk's t-shirt:"Please just this one thing for me,"

 

Eunhyu sighed for a second but then turned to Kyuhyun:"Follow the taxi-"

 

Kyuhyun:"Hyung?"

 

Eunhyuk:"Just do it!"

 

The car suddenly jolted forward and was driving down the roan instantly. I looked over to Eunhyuk and smiled.

 

Leeteuk:"Thank you,"

 

Eunhyuk:"I hope you know what you're doing," He said, picking up a first aid kit from under Kyuhyun's chair and opening it.

 

I nodded:"I know what I'm doing,"

 

 

... Which was a lie.

 

 

 

xxx thank you for reading and PLEASE COMMENT, the more you comment the more willing I will me to update faster, this s in no way a bribe :P and please subscribe if you want to xxx