Chapter 9 - The Weight of Revenge

Let's go on a (make up?) trip?

Baekhyun, Cecil and Mimiko were sitting at the hotel’s restaurant on the table they sat on the first day.  Baekhyun was sitting next to the window; Cecil was at his right and Mimiko in front of the latter. One more time, the view caught EXO’s vocalist attention. The sun was slowly hiding behind the mountains as the day started giving up his place to the night. He had seen that sad look on Chanyeol’s eyes just like he wanted but the feeling he was having was not quite what he imagined.  Well, he did feel a little happy but he was feeling way more upset with himself and…sad. Somehow, that just didn’t seem right.

“Bacon-kun…are you listening?”  Cecil asked.

“Hum?” Baekhyun looked at him, not paying much attention. “Yes…”

“Then what is your opinion?”

“About what?” Baekhyun looked at him, confused. Cecil smiled, gently.

“You said you were listening, huh?” Baekhyun blushed as he looked down at his lap..

“Sorry…I’m a little…”

“I know…just try to pretend you’re listening and having fun or Chanyeol won’t believe you’re okay with all this.” Baekhyun frowned and looked at him, not understanding the conversation once again. Chanyeol wasn’t even there. Cecil made an almost imperceptible move that Baekhyun would have missed if he wasn’t so close and looking at him at that moment.

Baekhyun looked towards the direction Cecil pointed at and he almost fell from his chair. In front of their table, there was a very weird man. He was wearing an afor-curly-black-wig, huge brown sunglasses that touches his forehead, a red scarf around his mouth and neck and another black one around his shoulders. He was all bent over the table with his hands holding the menu. Once in a while, he would peek over the menu and that’s how he saw him.

However, what shocked him the most wasn’t the weird outfit but the person who was wearing it: Chanyeol. He looked so weird but at the same time so funny that Baekhyun didn’t know if he should laugh or cry in shame for knowing that person. Thank god he was sitting on another table pretending to be a stranger.

“Are we supposed to just ignore that?” Baekhyun asked softly to Cecil.

“Well, aren’t you trying to make him boil?”

“What?” Baekhyun jumped on his chair, looking at him with a O.O face very similar to  Kyungsoo’s. How did he know?

“I saw that little ’moment’ you guys had in the room. You love each other. Not to mention that I also remember our conversation.” Baekhyun tried to make himself smaller. “I don’t know what happened before that day at the hot baths but I’m sure this is not only related to that, am I right?” Baekhyun shrank even more. “That’s it. Keep doing that. But If I were you, I would try to smile a little more.”

“W-what?” Cecil pointed once again at Chanyeol who was about to rip the menu in two. Baekhyun felt like he was about to explode in happiness. He was happy to see Chanyeol jealous. Baekhyun blinked mentally. Wait. He was happy that he was jealous? Nonsense! He was happy because he was making him feeling bad! That’s right! Baekhyun made a very serious mental face. He was only happy because of that.

For the rest of the dinner, Baekhyun kept flirting with Cecil. Mimiko frowned at his behavior. What the hell was he doing with her fiancé? But when she notice Baekhyun kept sending glanced to the place behind her back, she looked at it and all the wine she had in was spit all over the table when she burst out laughing. Her acute laugh was immediately suffocated by her groan of pain when Cecil kicked her under the table. It was enough to make her understand what was going on. She didn’t want to be kicked again.

Baekhyun smiled and chuckled at Cecil despite his sore lips; he touched the foreigner’s arm and felt his muscles; he tasted the food Cecil gave him on the mouth and moaned in a fake pleasure when his lips met the taller man’s fork. Baekhyun kept puing-puing at Cecil who was having a really hard time with himself. He knew the Korean guy was only doing that because of Chanyeol but he couldn’t help feeling extremely captivated by the younger’s cuteness and beauty and corresponding to him in a way that almost made Chanyeol’s sunglasses break.

Cecil ruffled his new friend’s hair smiling happily while the latter pretended to be embarrassed and slapped his arm playfully. Once, Cecil tickled Baekhyun’s tummy and Chanyeol would have jumped to punch his best friend’s fiancé if ‘Sebastian’ hadn’t appear with bread and stop him. Somehow, everyone seemed to be against Chanyeol and he just didn’t know why. He just felt really, really unlucky.

Cecil asked for the bill and a joyful fight started about who should pay the bill. Baekhyun knew he didn’t need to pay for his meals but for the sake of his revenge he paid the other’s food with his own money. Once again, Sebastian appeared right on time before Chanyeol tried to stand up from his chair.  Chanyeol breathed out like a buffalo. Why the hell was he paying Cecil’s meal? Yes, because in Chanyeol’s eyes, Baekhyun was only having dinner with him and Mimiko was nothing more than a mere shadow on his sight. He didn’t have to pay that guy’s food! He had never paid his meal before! Why would he do that to a nobody? Chanyeol clenched his feet on the table’s towel.

With a last quick glance at Chanyeol, Baekhyun put the money on the table and stood up holding his arm with Cecil’s. Mimiko didn’t like the gesture but for the sake of those two relationship, she was willing to bear with it. She owned that Chanyeol. The latter, seeing no reason for staying at the restaurant quickly followed them, trying to leave the restaurant quietly without making any noise and failing because everyone in the restaurant was looking at him. Even the cooks left the kitchen to see him. When he wasn’t able to be seen, everyone burst out laughing.

Chanyeol saw them slowly approaching the elevators and sped up his pace to outpace them and arrive to the lift’s opening door. He quickly got in and leaned against the back wall of the elevator, casually as if he was just a normal person taking the lift to his room. Once again, huge fail.

Baekhyun saw him getting in the elevator and immediately stopped, earning a interrogative stare from Cecil.

“Is everything alright?” He asked. Baekhyun thought a little to himself. He could get in the elevator and cling on Cecil a LOT just to make Chanyeol jealous…I mean, feel really bad. But that was too easy. Chanyeol would be able to control their every move so he would feel a little better because if something weird happened he would be able to stop it. Baekhyun needed to go somewhere Chanyeol wouldn’t seen.

“Cecil-ah!” Baekhyun called cutely and loud enough for Chanyeol to hear since the latter was keeping the door open, pressing the button.

“Yes, Bacon-kun?” Cecil replied, immediately joining the game.

“Couldn’t we take the stairs? The elevator can take too many people and I hate crowded places.”

“Oh, the stairs…but what about…” Cecil said a little softer, in a way Chanyeol couldn’t hear, as he looked at Baekhyun’s body. Baekhyun didn’t thought of that. In his state, taking the stairs would be extremely painful since it was still hard to walk due to the constant rubbing of against his clothes and skin.

“I can do it.” Baekhyun replied with a determined look on his eyes. It wouldn’t be some bruises that would stop him from doing what he wanted.

“You’re sure?” Cecil asked, worriedly to which Bacon-kun nodded, confident. Both of them looked at Mimiko who kept close enough to hear them. She also nodded in agreement.

“I’ll take the elevator and make sure he doesn’t leave.” She said just so that only them could hear to then add a little louder. “I’ll take the elevator. My back is hurting like hell! There’s no way that I’m going to climb all those stairs. I’ll meet you at the bedroom.” She walked towards the elevator.

 “Okay! Then I guess it’s just you and me darling! Should I carry you bridal style?” Cecil practically shouted at the same time he wrapped his arm around Baekhyun who held his waist back as they tried to find the stairs. Chanyeol widened his eyes at the scene especially because Mimiko seemed to be totally okay with that. When she stopped next to him, he forgot all about his disguise.

“Are you just going to let them go like that?!” He shouted at her.

“Why? Is there a problem with that, Chanyeol?” Mimiko replied. Chanyeol blinked.

“You knew that it was me all the time?” Mimi-chan gave him the ‘are-you-ing-serious?’ look.

“What do you think?” Chanyeol thought for a moment while he walked towards the elevator’s door to avoiding it from closing easily.

“Did THEY also know?” He asked. Mimiko widened her eyes when she followed Chanyeol’s reasoning. ! She should have been more careful! Chanyeol smile happily when he saw his doubts checked. “Of course! They knew I was watching them so they’re trying to make me jealous! Ah! So predictable. I’m going to finish this NOW!” Chanyeol started walking away and Mimiko saw the elevator’s door start closing.

“Oh, no you don’t!” Mimiko stepped forward to make the door open again and grabbed Chanyeol’s arm.

 

 

Cecil and Baekhyun eventually found the stairs and looked at them as a buffalo looks at a palace. There was so many stairs even though there was only 2 floors above that one.

“Are you sure you’re going to be able to do it?” Cecil asked.

“I guess so…”

“I can carry you if you want. I know Chanyeol isn’t here but it would be easier for you. “ Baekhyun shook his head, there had been only one person who had ever carried him…and against his own will, he wanted it to stay that way.

“It’s okay. I can do it.” Breathing deeply, Baekhyun lift his foot till the first stair, and then the 2nd, followed by the 3rd and so on. At each step, his body ached especially because he was only able to climb it if he held onto the handrail…with his bruised arm. When they arrived to the first floor, Baekhyun was already at his limit.

“Bacon-kun…let me help you!”

“I  told you I’m fine!” Baekhyun shouted as he took another step. “If I’m not able to accomplish this, how will I …?”

“You know, I promised to help you, don’t you?!” Cecil replied, making Baekhyun looking down.

“I know…” And he did. He remembered very well the conversation they had that morning.

 

That morning

Baekhyun woke up with a decision in mind: he would make sure to hurt Chanyeol badly. After passing out for the second time since they came to this hotel, he just couldn’t let things go on like this. He expected to find Chanyeol looking at him as he woke up but he didn’t saw anyone looking at him when he opened his eyes. He tried to look around the room and found Cecil and Mimiko quietly chatting at the corner. Where the hell was Chanyeol? But he soon forgot about it as a new idea came to his mind. He moved under the sheets, as a signal to them that he had woken up. They immediately ran to the bed and bomb him with questions.

“Are you alright, Bacon-kun?” Cecil asked.

“Do you want something to eat?” Mimiko followed.

“Are you thirsty? We have water or whatever you want!” Cecil continued. Baekhyun shook his head.

“Help me sit.” He just request. Mimi-chan immediately held him and helped him to sit comfortably, putting a pillow behind his back and covering his lower body with the sheets. Baekhyun could see Cecil’s face twitch at the sight of his body and he suddenly felt really weak. How he let himself get like that? He shook his head. That wasn’t the point here. He needed to ask for Cecil’s help as soon as he could.

“Mimiko…” Baekhyun called. It was even harder to talk that morning.

“Yes?”

“Could you leave us alone for a second?”

“Eh?” She looked at her fiancé who just nodded in agreement. “O-Okay…” Mimiko glanced one more time at Cecil before she opened and closed the door in one second and left the two of them alone. As soon as it happened, Cecil’s face changed from a twitch to a miserable and almost crying expression. He ran towards his bed and kneeled in front of him, holding his hand tightly.

Baekhyun swallowed loudly. That scene was so like his dream…with Chanyeol.

“Bacon-kun! I’M SO SORRY!” The huge man cried, without pulling his hand off. Baekhyun widened his eyes in surprise. That was so not like his dream! It was more like something he would have never imagine to happen in front of his own eyes: Cecil was crying in front of him! The huge, playful and strong man was crying!

“C-Cecil!” Baekhyun stuttered as he reached out his hand without knowing what to do. The foreigner raised his head and looked at him, his eyes full of tears. That image almost tore his heart apart. “C-Cecil…W-what’s wrong?”

“It’s….sniff…all my fault!” The poor man sobbed.

“W-what?” Baekhyun shook his head in confusion.” What are you talking about? You haven’t don-“

“I should have stayed with you!...sniff…If I hadn’t left…you wouldn’t be like that!” Cecil started crying again, holding Bacon-kun’s hand to the point of almost crashing it, but without hurting, and hiding his face on the bed sheets. Baekhyun panicked.

“It wasn’t your fault! Not at all! You couldn’t have imagined that I would be hurt because I was with Chanyeol!”

“But…sniff…” Cecil looked at him again. “I told you…to scream…sniff…if you needed help….and you did….but Mimi-chan said those were the screams of love!...sniff…” Baekhyun blushed. “I…should have go check anyway! I …sniff…I should have made sure you were ALRIGHT! I should have kept my promise. Sniff…I’m good for nothing! You’re hurt because of me!” Tears kept falling like waterfalls on his blushed cheeks. “I’m sorry Bacon-kun! I’ll…sniff….” He wiped his cheeks with one of his hands. “I’ll try to…”

“Idiot!” Like a motherly instinct, Baekhyun pushed the giant man into his arms and held him tightly against his chest as he whispered soft and gentle words into his ear, despite the pain in his lips. “It wasn’t your fault. You did all you can. You can’t blame yourself. You did what you thought to be the best. “

“But it wasn’t ENOUGH!” Cecil shouted against his chest.

“I’m fine, really. I’ll be back to normal before you notice. Crying won’t help you know?” But Cecil cried. Cecil cried his heart out as he hugged Baekhyun tightly back. Baekhyun’s body arched at the pressure but he just couldn’t complain, not with him in that state. Cecil cried for his failure. Cecil cried for what he could have avoided and cried in rage towards Chanyeol. How could he have hurt such a fragile creature? How could he have laid a hateful hand on the beautiful Bacon? Just how? The affection he felt towards his new was immense and to see him in like this hurt him badly as if he was the one in pain.

“You’re right…” Cecil agreed as he broke the hug and wiped his face after 10 minutes of crying. Baekhyun was right. Unfortunately, his tears would help heal Baekhyun.

“Good boy!” Bacon-kun joked as he patted the giant’s head, making him laugh.

“Thank you, Bacon-kun.”

“It’s nothing. I should be the one thanking you for caring so much for me. It’s been a while you know?” Baekhyun smiled gently at him and Cecil felt really grateful towards him. He wasn’t able to forgive himself but the Korean boy made it for him. Cecil stared at him, fixed.

“I’ll make sure you only feel like you’re cherished and taken care of from now on! I’ll protect you from situations like yesterday’s. I promise.” Baekhyun blushed deeply. He was feeling like a princess who had just found her knight and he was feeling really uncomfortable about this girlish feeling. This was only bringing back other memories.

“Thank you.” Baekhyun looked at him. “Now…I would like to tell you about why I called you.” Cecil stood up and sat on the bed to get to Baekhyun’s height…and more.

“I’m listening!”

“I…I want to ask you for a favor.”

“A favor? Whatever you want!”

“Then…would you mind to help me…paying back to Chanyeol?”

 

Back to the stairs

That day, Baekhyun knew they would be friends for life. Cecil immediately accepted to join him in his plan. Cecil was the first person to care about him for real…just like Chanyeol used to do. Baekhyun bit his own tongue. Why was he always comparing Cecil to Chanyeol?

“Then if you know, why do you keep refusing my offer? I can see you’re hurting!”

“I need to do this alone…for myself. That’s all I’m asking. Please.” Baekhyun practically begged as they were resting a little at the 1st floor’s level floor between stairs ….not that Cecil needed to do it. The latter just sighed.

“If you say so…”

“Thank you.” They both started climbing up the stairs once again. 1, 2…Baekhyun mentally counted. 3,4… ‘I can do it!’ 5…….6….Cecil followed in the front but he looked at his friend at every 3 seconds. 7…..8-

However, it was in one of those 3 seconds of space that Baekhyun didn’t put his foot on the right place. He notice himself losing his balance and the hand, still on the handrail, didn’t help him much because he just didn’t have the strength. His body slowly fell backwards as he felt the floor running away from his feet. He was falling. He was falling in the middle of the stairs…and it was certainly going to hurt. Preparing for the worse, he closed his eyes. In those seconds all the pain was gone and it was almost as if he was floating in the air.

“BAEKHYUN!”

The floor was getting dangerously close… but he didn’t care. He was feeling so good. It would be good if his old Chanyeol was there….falling with him to the end of nowhere. Baekhyun smiled to his own thought. Chanyeol would be holding his hand, telling him he loved him till he was sick of it. Chanyeol would be staring at him with a smiled in his eyes. Chanyeol and him. Only them, together, forever…where they couldn’t hurt each other…..and so he fell.

He was hoping to feel the enormous pain that holds hands with a fall…but instead of it, he found himself being held by something comfortable till he felt safe again.

“BAEKHYUN! BAEKHYUN! ARE YOU ALRIGHT? BAEKHYUN!?” Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes and looked up…at Chanyeol.

 

Mimiko tried really hard to keep Chanyeol with her. She kicked him, punched and even sat on him but somehow he ended up running away towards the stairs. Chanyeol ran as fast as he could as he climbed up the stairs till he arrived the 1st floor and his heart almost jumped out of his chest. Baekhyun was painfully climbing up the stairs by himself and Cecil, that stupid jerk, wasn’t helping him! Didn’t he know how fragile Baekhyun’s condition was? How easily he could get hurt?

And then Baekhyun tripped over his own feet… Chanyeol saw him falling backwards…and ran faster than what it’s possible to a normal human being and shield Baekhyun’s body with his own, falling on his knees and holding Baekhyun in his arms. His Hyung had his eyes shut when he caught him that scared him like hell.

“BAEKHYUN! BAEKHYUN! ARE YOU ALRIGHT? BAEKHYUN!?” He shouted till he finally opened his eyes and looked at him. Chanyeol smiled in relief.

Baekhyun was amazed by his dongsaeng’s face. He reached out his hand to touch it. Chanyeol’s skin was so soft, so beautiful, so warm…why didn’t he touch it sooner? Chanyeol closed his eyes, enjoying the sensations of his hand. His body was aching because of the impact but it didn’t matter. He was able to feel Baekhyun’s gentle and shy touch once again. He was able to feel the blood running furiously and passionately once again. They didn’t even bother about Cecil, looking at them from above, and Mimiko looking at the end of the stairs. How could he have denied himself this?

‘Why did he try so hard to revenge himself when he didn’t want to? How could he be able to NOT touch this precious-‘

Baekhyun thought at the same time his hand froze. Chanyeol looked at him when the hand stopped and suddenly got colder.

“Baeky?” Baekhyun’s heart jumped in joy when he heard the name Chanyeol used to call him but it was all he needed to go back to his revenge mode self. Harshly, he pulled himself out of Chanyeol’s arms and pushed the latter away.

“LET GO OF ME!” Baekhyun shouted to a few seconds later widen his eyes and cover his mouth in shock. Chanyeol, since he was only supporting himself on his knees, easily lost his balance and fell back when Baekhyun pushed him. Baekhyun saw him rolling down the stairs. He rolled 1,2….he hit with his head; 3,4,5…he hit on the stairs with his whole body; 6 times….till he stopped on the 1st  floor’s level floor. Everyone’s heart stopped for a beat before they could do anything.

Baekhyun intended to run to him, ready to ask for forgiveness but Mimiko was closer and got there faster and so Baekhyun’s mind restrained himself from stepping forward. There she was again. He felt a pair of hands on his shoulders.

“Are you alright?” Cecil asked. Baekhyun nodded.

“C-Channie…” He stuttered.

Mimi-chan helped Chanyeol raising his upper body while the latter’s face twitched in pain as he looked at this wrist.

“Chanyeol, are you okay?” She asked.

“My wrist…” Chanyeol complained a little but the next thing he did was to look at Baekhyun. “Are you alright?” He asked. Baekhyun clenched his fist in anger. His eyes were filled with tears.

“Stupid bastard!” He shouted furiously. “How do you dare to worry about me when you-“ Chanyeol grinned.

“Glad to know you’re fine.”  Baekhyun bit his swollen lips, ignoring the pain as he stood up.

“Bacon-kun! Be careful! You’re-“

“I HATE YOU!” Baekhyun shouted loudly. The words echoing on the stairs. “DO YOU KNOW WHY I’VE ALWAYS GET MAD AT YOU? YOU’VE NEVER CARED ABOUT YOURSELF! AND THEN, BECAUSE OF THAT, YOU SUDDENLY TREAT AS LOW AS ! YOU MAKE ME CRY, YOU CHEAT ON ME!”

“I didn’t-“

“BUT WHEN YOU SCREW UP YOU COME ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS AND ACT ALL NICE AGAIN BECAUSE IT’S GOOD FOR YOU! YOU DON’T’ RELALY GIVE A ABOUT ME DO YOU?”

“BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol shouted back.

“Tsch…you’re nothing much than a stupid selfish son of . You don’t see anything more than your own happiness! Now I wonder…why did I ever love you? Tell me…because I had no reasons to love you!”

Chanyeol’s heart screamed in pain. “Do you mean…you don’t love me anymore?”

“What? You still have doubts?” Baekhyun chuckled sarcastically. “How can I love someone like you? Not even such a low person like you can be so dumb. Please. Move on! I’ve already done it!” Baekhyun shouted one last time, losing his breathe. Chanyeol just…looked at him. He knew Baekhyun was probably still hurt at him but…. not to the point of stop loving and talking to him like that. And mostly…he never thought Baekhyun had already ‘move on’. What did he mean by that? Did he already have someone else in his heart?

The pain in his heart and soul was causing much more damage than his fall on the stairs. One tear….One tear was all that fell from his eyes.

This tear put an unbearable weight on Baekhyun’s shoulders. He had never seen his Channie crying. Why was he crying? Was it because of him? Did he make Chanyeol cry? An acute pain ripped Baekhyun’s body in half and he ran. Using all the strength he had left, he ran. Cecil thought for a while if he should follow him, but he soon knew he shouldn’t do it.

Baekhyun ran as fast as he could. He did it! He had finally made Chanyeol hurting to the point of crying. He did it! He had his revenge! He was so happy……..that he just wanted to cry. Nothing like this made him as happy as he imagined. Nothing was like he wanted. Nothing felt right. But that was what Chanyeol deserved! That was the ideal revenge for him! If that’s the truth why was all that feeling like he had just committed the most hideous crime? Why? Why did it all feel so wrong? Why was he feeling like ?

Why did he feel the urge of running back to Chanyeol and ask for forgiveness? To tell him he still loved him like before? To tell him he could easily forget about everything and get back to together? To tell him how he missed him?

Feeling just like the crappiest person on earth, he locked himself of the room cursing himself for being so weak ….and a traitor. The weight of revenge was too heavy for him handle. 

 

TO BE CONTINUED.....

 

Hey Hey ^^ 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *sniff* T___________T Me sad T_T :P

AIgooooooooooooooooooooooo......sorry for taking 3 days to write this but....I kind of have to do stupid dance project for school and I've been boiling with work T______________T Moca-chan! We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or not-.-)

Anyway,  What do you think about Baekhyun? *sniff* :P let me tell this and the next 1 ot two chapter will be VERY important *O* Something BIG will come :P

WELL THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR READDING AND SUBSCRIBING AND COMENTING*O* ME LOVES YOU A LOT <-------(alien-.-) XD Keep doing it!!!:D

BYE BYE :D 
Kiss, RUCA :D

iioioo Ya!!! It's not good to want others to suffer!!! XD kkkkkk~~~~~~anyway I'm not sure if it will be Hunhan or Sekai :P I'm kind of having an inner battle about it >O< I suppose....you prefer Sekai? *wink* XD

Frayjadour wAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! U WELCOME SWEETIE <3 *hugs you and your plushie* You have no idea how I felt when I saw you HUGE coment *O* First: OMFG THIS IS SO BIG! SECOND: OH, SHE'S SO SWEET! LASTLY: OMG I LOVE YOU!!!! *O* You like SULAY TOO???? HURRAY!!! *jumps* :POh And I'm sure Chanyeol will try to make it up for it....latter :P <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 KISS*O*  :D

maaldreva aigoo....I think they'll be back soon *wink* <3 I just hope you dont think Baekhyun as gone too far *hides * >O<

cheonsa92 Well :D I guess you were kind of right :D Baekhyun does miss him :P If you love it do you need to run and hide??? buh-uh!!! T_T I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!!! <3 :P THANK YOU SOMUCH FOR BEING MY PERSONAL UNDERSTANDING READER :P  Keep comenting *O* I love to have little chats like this one :P

marshimalllow Well....I haven't decided yet XD I'm really confused >O< But since you say both ways it's fine.....gahhhhhhh It's even harder....or easier....I DON?T KNOW! XD and btw....everytime I read your name I can't avoid feeling hungry *^* Just saying *O*