Chapter 5 - Mimi-chan

Let's go on a (make up?) trip?

 

“MIMI-CHAN!”

Chanyeol stood up from his chair and walked towards the owner of this new voice. Frustrated for nor being able to apoligize and and bit jeaulous towards the person who has just made Chanyeol make that face, Baekhyun lookednat the the person who was now walking happily to HIS Chanyeol.

A girl. The person who made Chanyeol make that face was a girl; a beautiful and y girl to be exact, Baekhyun had to admit. The latter widened his eyes as he saw both of them hugging each other tightly, like ... lovers. 'Mimi-Chan' was really tall! She wasn't as tall as Chanyeol but she was defnetly taller than Baekhyun...without high-heels. She snuggled her face on Chanyeol's neck as she patted the latter's back. Baekhyun clenched his fists under the table and bit his lip an habit that has become more frequent these weeks.

"Chanyeol-kun! It's been so long! How have you been?" Baekhyun heard the girl saying. "I heard you're famous now!" Chanyeol chuckled.

"I wouldn't say I'm famous but we're getting some attention, yes."

"Aigoo...you're always so modest Chanyeol-kun." She squeezed his cheeks. "But tell me... What are you doing here? Don't tell me you're skipping work?"

" No, no. I'm just taking some rest for a few days." Baekhyun saw her widening her eyes.

"Alone?"

"No. I'm with...one of my band-mates." 'band-mate'. That word echoed in Baekhyun's mind. Chanyeol didn't call him his lover but that was okay to Baekhyun. They were both guys and celebrities so their (old) relationship couldn't just be shouted to the world. However, Baekhyun didn't expect to be treated as a 'band-mate'! Just the mention of being called Chanyeol's friend would be enough to make him happy. But no. He was just his 'band-mate' and those words clearly established the real and cruel distance between Chanyeol and him right now and that was just...heartbreaking.

"A band-mate? Who?" She looked at the table she saw Chanyeol standing up from and immediatly locked her eyes with Baekhyun's who felt himself getting smaller. "OH MY GOD!" She ran towards Baekhyun and looked at him closer. "You're really cute! Are you Baekhyun-kun?" The object of her attention blinked several times before being able to say anything.

"Y-yes. H-how do you know?"

"What do you mean? I've heard a lot about you! I even saw your picture! Dont tell me Chanyeol never told you about me?" Baekhyun just looked dumbfounded at her. She knew about him? Did Chanyeol tell her about him? A sudden happiness grew in his chest to be immediately crashed as he saw the situation thru other eyes: Why did Chanyeol tell HIM about HER?

"It just didn't seem important to tell everyone about you. Baekhyun this is Mimiko." Chanyeol replied as he joined them.

" Nice to meet you Baekhyun-kun. And btw…I’m Japanese.” She looked at Chanyeol again. “Not important? Am I not important to you?" She pouted.

"Of course you are!"

"Then  you should shout my name to the world!" She sighed. "Anyway...are you going to have lunch?"

“Yes. Do you want to join us?” Baekhyun looked at him with pleading eyes that were clearly showing a big ‘NO’ on them. “Are you all by yourself?”

“No, I came with my fiancé.” She smiled happily.

“Oh, you have a fiancé? How the hell did that happen?”

“It’s a long story. Oh, speaking of the devil…” We all turned to the restaurants door. At first Baekhyun wasn’t seeing who could possibly be her fiancé, but then a huge foreigner man walked towards them smiling a white smile.

“Mimi-chan!” He said, stopping to hug and kiss his fiancée. Baekhyun was amazed by that man: he had never seen such a huge man standing just 2 steps away from him. He was much taller than Chanyeol or Kris, probably 200cm tall. He had deep blue eyes and black hair. His shoulders were much larger than his own, and even though he was fully dressed, wearing a black shirt and white pants, Baekhyun had not doubts that under it was a compact wall of muscles. He was really… handsome.

“Chanyeol-kun, Baekhyun-kun…This is my fiancé, Cecil.” I stood up from my chair and bowed just like Chanyeol.

“Nice to meet you.” Cecil said with a heavy korean accent.

“Nice to meet you too.”

“His Korean is not very good but I’m sure you’ll be able to understand each other.” Cecil just smiled happily. “Cecil, this is Chanyeol-kun, my childhood friend…” They shook their hands. “And this is Baekhyun-kun, Chanyeol’s friend.” Baekhyun shook the huge man’s hand and felt his fingers almost being crashed. He was going to pull his hand away but Cecil pulled him closer to him and the latter took a close at the shorter guy’s face.

“Woah…you are very beautiful.”

“W-what?” Baekhyun blushed deeply trying to avoid the other’s blue eyes.

“Bacon-kun is very beautiful, handsome…cute!” Chanyeol and Mimiko chuckled at the giant’s mistake. As for ‘Bacon’…he just couldn’t stop getting redder and redder.

“Honey, it’s not Bacon, it’s Baekhyun.” Mimi-chan explained. Cecil blinked.

“Where’s the difference?” Mimiko chuckled again.

“The difference is that Baekhyun will probably be angry if you call him Bacon.” She looked at Chanyeol. “At least that’s what you told. Baekhyun-kun always gets angry when Chanyeol calls him Bacon so you shouldn’t call him that baby.” Cecil looked at me with innocent eyes, as if he didn’t understand where the problem was. Unable to resist, I just gave up and decided to make his work easier. I shook my head.

“It’s okay…” I saw Chanyeol turning his head quickly at me. “ You can call me Bacon.” The giant grinned widely and brought Baekhyun to a tight bear-hug.

“Thank you, Bacon-kun.” The smaller guy smiled back, shyly.

“Getting back to my request…would you have lunch with us?” Chanyeol suddenly said (shouted). Baekhyun missed the sparkle of rage in Chanyeol’s eyes.

“Sure!  Waiter!” She called. The man who took their order came back and added a table for two to Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s table. They all sat together, with Mimiko next to Chanyeol and Cecil next to Baekhyun. The waiter repeated the menu for the third time to them.

“Hum…I’ll have the shellfish salad.” Mimiko said.

“How about the young man?” Cecil looked at the waiter happily at the waiter.

“Beef!” The waiter bowed and walked away, leaving the four of them waiting for their food.

Baekhyun spent the time of waiting with his eyes locked on Miminko and Chanyeol. They talked about EXO, the last time they met, their childhood and what she had done this last years. From what he heard, Mimiko, who was as old as Chanyeol, came to South Korea with her parents 5 years ago. She met Chanyeol on a coffee shop for the first time and since then they have been best friends. But 3 years ago, she got a job offer back in Japan and so she left. She met Cecil on one of her business trips to Europe and they fall in love. Cecil came live with her and right now they were engaged.

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell about this!”

“It has been only a week since he proposed!” Baekhyun bit his lower lip. They were WAY to close with each other. She kept touching Chanyeol arm, sending him smiled that were making Baekhyun sick. But the worst of it was that Chanyeol was corresponding to this and touch and smile her back. How could he be so warm with her and so cold with him?

“Bacon-kun!” Cecil called him waking him up.

“Y-yes?” The man was looking at him with a worried face. He leaned down closer to Baekhyun’s face and covered his mouth in a way that Chanyeol and Mimi-chan couldn’t see his lips.

“Don’t be jealous, Bacon-kun.”

"W-what? I don't..."

"If Chanyeol-kun tries anything...I'll make sure to kick him away." Cecil sad quietly.

"Ehh?" Baekhyun almost shouted and immediatly covered his mouth like Cecil. "Your Mimi is the one who's almost jumping to his lap!"

"No way! My Mimi is not like that!"

"That hell she is! If you want to kick Chanyeol then I'll should kick her too." Cecil frowned and seemed to think for a while before he replied.

"Okay."

"What?" Baekhyun looked at him, confused.

"If my Mimi jumps to Chanyeol's pants you're alowed to kick her. If Chanyeol jumps to HER pants, I'm alowed to do the same to him. Deal?" Baekhyun thought for a moment.

"Deal." Both of them shared a we-think-alike smile and the feeling that they were about to start a very good friendship was mutual.

“Hey! You two! What are you doing down there?” Mimiko suddenly half-asked and half-shouted. Jeez. Chanyeol was so mad at him for making the waiter wait but he didn’t say a thing about the terrible noise she was making. Baekhyun and Cecil raised their heads and uncovered their mouths.

“I was asking if Bacon wanted some ‘breed’.” Cecil lied as he grabbed the basket with bread and handed it to Baekhyun who immediately took it.

“It’s bread honey!” She clapped her hands. “Oh! I see you guys are getting along! I’m so happy for it! Isn’t that great Chanyeol?”

“Lovely.” Chanyeol just glared at Baekhyun and once again, the latter missed the look. Mimiko and her childhood friend kept chatting, while Baekhyun decided to make Cecil the question that has been poking his mind. Leaning his head a little towards Cecil as he took a bite of the bread he asked him.

“Can I make you a question Cecil?” He whispered.

“Sure! What is it Bacon?” Cecil whispered back.

“Why do you change the way you speak when you talk to Mimiko? You’re Korean is perfectly fine but you keep making mistakes whenever you talk to her.”

“She thinks I’m cute when I do that so…” Cecil shrugged.

“You? Cute? With that size?”

“I know…but that’s what she says.”

“I see…then…when you said you didn’t understand the difference between my Baekhyun and Bacon was that also to look cute.”

“No.”

“No?”

“I really have no idea what’s the difference.”

“Then…” Baekhyun sighed pitifully. “Then I guess I’m still Bacon?”

“That’s your name.”

 

 

“Hum!!!!” Mimiko stretched her arms like cat when they finally left the restaurant. Even though Cecil’s company made it easier to stand, it was hard for Baekhyun to see Chanyeol and Mimiko flirting with each other. He didn’t know how Cecil could be so calm. “I’m so full!” She looked at Baekhyun. “But I’m surprised with you Baekhyun-kun! You so small and thin! I didn’t expect you to eat so much!”

Baekhyun tripped on his own feet and he would have fallen if Cecil didn’t catch him. But if the last one wasn’t there, Chanyeol would have certainly done that because when he saw Baekyeol almost falling, his natural instincts where there to protect his…well…his ex-lover. His eyes almost killed someone when he saw that was CECIL and not HIM catching Baekhyun. The latter looked at Mimiko one more time. “What?”

“You ate as much as Cecil and that’s AMAZING because no one eats as much as him. I’m impressed.”

“Hum…t-thank you?” Baekhyun replied awkwardly.

“You welcome! I’m really jealous of you right now! When I used to eat with Chanyeol he would always complain when I ate those kinds of things. He always said it wasn’t a food for a girl! ‘It’s inelegant and uny’ He used to say. It was mostly because of him that I started eating those craps! I’m so lucky he is not like that with you! Besides, you seem to not care about your weight! That’s so great!”

Baekhyun stopped from walking and froze. What? Was she just trying to say he ate too much? Did she just call him inelegant? She’s…jealous of him? What the hell? What does that even mean? Because of Chanyeol? Does that mean…Baekhyun has been thinking of him as uny every time they ate together? Yes, because Baekhyun never really cared about what he ate. What? He doesn’t care about his weight? Did she just call him fat?

All this questions were twirling and twirling on his brain and Baekhyun felt anger. He felt so much anger towards her and himself for having such a huge stomach that he just wanted to throw up all the food he just ate. Several minutes passed but Baekhyun just stood there like a statue.

“Bacon-kun! Are you alright?” Cecil asked. “I’ve been calling you for centuries!”

“Eh? Ah….yes…”

“You were just standing there! Like a statue! I was worried!” Baekhyun looked around.

“Where are they?”

“Oh…they…they…they went for a walk.”

“Without us?”

“T-They said they would go first and we could catch them later… They went for a walk on the mountains. There’s a pedestrian way where people can go sight-seeing and walk.

“Why didn’t they wait?”

“Chanyeol…” Cecil hesitated for a bit because he knew what Chanyeol said was a lie. He might be a foreigner but he wasn’t an idiot. “Chanyeol said that it’s normal for you to freeze and the best to do was to leave you alone. But I got kind of worried and stayed. Mimi-chan wanted to do the same but… Chanyeol pulled her away.” Baekhyun saw that Cecil wasn’t happy with that either.

“I see…” Baekhyun forced a smile. “We should go to them, right? Let’s hurry or they’ll be hard to catch. Do you know the way?”

“Sure…” Cecil led Baekhyun to a door that led them to the outside. Cecil took a worried look at Baekhyun. He knew that there was something going on between him and Chanyeol-kun but he knew he wasn’t close enough to intrude in the shorter male’s life and so they just followed their way.

 

 

Cecil and Baekhyun caught them a few minutes later. When they heard them, they immediately stopped talking about whatever their conversation was. Mimiko asked Baekhyun how he was feeling but Chanyeol didn’t even worry to look behind at him. Their walk thru the mountains ended up being the most painful journey Baekhyun have ever faced. Chanyeol lied about his condition. He knew Baekhyun was right but he still walked away and pretended that everything was just fine. Even Cecil, who they met just that day, showed more affection towards him that Chanyeol. After all they have been thru, he didn’t expect him to have such behavior. He kept chatting happily with Mimi-chan without caring to look at Baekhyun and check if he was alright.

By the end of the walk, Baekhyun didn’t have strength to move a finger and for the first time, Mimiko and Chanyeol had the decency to take that in count and decided to go back to their rooms. They had walked for hours and it was already 5:30pm. Cecil and Mimi-chan escorted the other two to their room. Baekhyun had already opened the door when he heard that woman’s voice again. God…he only noticed then how much he came to hate her.

“Chanyeol-kun! Baekhyun-kun! Before you go in…Did you already decide where to have dinner?”

“I didn’t plan anything.” Baekhyun smiled sadly as he heard Chanyeol saying this. He didn’t even care to use ‘we’.

“Then, if Baekhyun-kun is free too…would you like to have dinner with us?” Baekhyun immediately knew what to answer. He didn’t have the physical and mental strength to spend more time with that girl.  

“I’m sorry but-“

“Where?” Chanyeol asked, interrupting his Hyung.

“Well, we heard about a bar/night-club where we can eat very well and for little money. It’s just a few miles away. We could eat something and dance till the sun rises.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol with pleading eyes. He didn’t want to be left alone!

“Sure! Let me just take a bath and change clothes. I’ll meet you outside.”

“Hurray!” Mimiko jumped excitedly. “How about you, Baekhyun-kun?” Baekhyun sent her a sad smile.

“I think I’ll pass.”

“Eh? And you’ll stay here all by yourself?” Baekhyun smiled again. He didn’t want to be left alone, but he also didn’t want to feel like he was bother to them too.

“I’m getting used to it.” Baekhyun just got into the room, not caring anymore about what the other three were going to do or not.

Chanyeol came in a little later while Baekhyun was already undressing and grabbing his bathrobe and underwear. Baekhyun didn’t even bother to look at him or to listen to whatever he said when he came in. Still on his underwear, he walked to their private bathroom. “I’m going first.” -was all Baekhyun said before opening and closing the door in one second. He got totally and got in the shower. Everything was just blur to his eyes and the water only made it worse. He didn’t hear the little drops falling on the bathtub or the deep breaths he was taking.   The usual relaxing effect the shower brings was indifferent on Baekhyun’s body. His mind wasn’t able to process anything.

He got of the shower, wiped his hair and body randomly, put on his underwear and the bathrobe and left the bathroom. Chanyeol passed next to him towards the bathroom and bumped against Baekhyun’s shoulder but the latter didn’t even notice.

Baekhyun walked to his bed and sat on it, covering his lower body and hugging his knees. He didn’t want to believe Chanyeol would actually leave him alone and so he waited. He waited for that to not be true. Chanyeol came back a few minutes later only on his black boxers while he wiped his hair. In any other situation, Baekhyun would stare at him till he almost drooled but now he didn’t even notice the other was .

Chanyeol took some clothes out of his bag and dressed up quickly, ready to leave one more time. He grabbed his wallet and looked at Baekhyun, who was just staring at the floor.

“I’ll take the room card. I’ll be back late. Don’t wait for me.” Baekhyun didn’t reply, he didn’t have anything to say. Since he didn’t get any answer. Chanyeol grabbed his jacket and just left, closing the door with a huge slam. Chanyeol just ing left! He left Baekhyun alone!

Baekhyun took a while to process this information. He slowly started to fully hear what was a around him. He heard all too well: silence. The silence was so loud! It was way too noisy! Why couldn’t he hear anything else? Why couldn’t he hear Chanyeol walking around the room? Why couldn’t he hear him shouting and being mad at him? Why was he all by himself? What did he do to deserve this? What did he like her more than him? Why was he so nice to her? Why did he want to go with them instead of being with him? Why? Why did he keep being so mad at him? Why? Why?

Suddenly all the pain from that day broke Baekhyun’s control and he cried. He clenched his feet on the sheets and he cried. He cried for everything. He cried for Chanyeol. He cried for himself. He cried to the point he wasn’t able to cry anymore and just kept sobbing... till he fell asleep of exhaustion.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol met Mimiko and her fiancé at the hotel’s entrance. Both of them looked at Chanyeol worriedly.

“Do you think it’s alright to leave him alone?” Mimi-chan asked.

“Don’t worry. He's alright.”

 

TO BE CONTINUED....

 

Hey!!!! :D
It's been a while ^^ Sorry for not uploading it as often as usual but My school started ( -.-) and I will only be able to upload every two or three days^^

Anyway :D here it is :D How is it?? XD LOL XD
I hope you really enjoy it till now and PLEASE wait for the next chapter ;D There's going to be a surprise... :DDD Huh?? :D

Bye Bye ^^ 
READ COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE :D

ps: THIS CERTAINLY HAS MANY MISTAKES BUT I DON?T HAVE TIME TO REVIEW IT NOW XD I'LL DO IT TOMORROW :D  Kiss :D