Chapter 8 - Changing rooms

Let's go on a (make up?) trip?

 

Chanyeol went down to the reception as he remembered the conversation he had with Baekhyun just a few minutes ago.

“Go the reception…and ask for two separate single rooms.” Chanyeol widened his eyes in shock.

“What? Why?” Baekhyun crossed his arms against his chest and gave him a ‘are you messing with me?’.

“You’re seriously asking me why? Do you really need me to remind you of what you did yesterday?” Chanyeol mentally slapped himself.

“No, You don’t need to do that. I know very well…what I did to you.”

“Humpf…at least you still have some decency to not deny it like before”  Baekhyun dryly replied. He wasn’t going to play weak like before. He was done with all the crying. It was his time now.

“That…It wasn’t my intention to-“ Baekhyun raised his hand, interrupting the other’s tentative of apologizing.

“I don’t need your excuses. Whatever you want to say, I don’t care. Nothing will change the past.” Chanyeol looked down at the floor he was kneeling on. “I don’t want to share this room with someone like you.”

“But Baeky!” Chanyeol restrained himself form saying something stupid again and breathed deeply, trying to order his own thoughts. “Baekhyun Hyung…” He used this formal speech to try to show Baekhyun that he was being extremely serious on that moment. “Baekhyun Hyung… Please, don’t do that. Suho book this room for both of us so I think he wouldn’t be happy if we suddenly decided to change. “ Baekhyun was about to talk again but Chanyeol immediately stopped him by talking first. “I know you might be feeling a bit betrayed because of what I did but I promise I won’t lay a finger on you! I-I’ll sleep in the couch and you in bed. It would be almost as if we were living separated! I promise! I won’t bother you without your permission!” Chanyeol held his Hyung’s hand tightly, hoping that the contact would make Baekhyun feel better.

However, it had the exact opposite effect. Baekhyun felt his heart aching when their hands were held tighter. There was again that FEELING. Love, care and sincerity…but he knew all of those feelings were big fat lies like before and tried his hardest to resist it and pulled his hand away.

Chanyeol just stared at his empty hand.

“I’ve had enough. If I was able to walk properly I would go ask for the room myself but since I can’t and you refuse to do so, I’ll ask Cecil to do it.”

“NO!” Chanyeol stood up with a jump and almost panicked as he heard that guy’s name. He didn’t want to be separated from Baekhyun; he didn’t want to get a separate room; but more than all that, he didn’t want to see that guy sticking his nose on their business one more time. That would only made him look bad and Cecil would look like a hero. “I’ll do it…” He sighed. “I’ll  ask for a new room for me.” Sadly, Chanyeol leaned towards the door, intending to leave.

“No, that isn’t enough. I don’t want to stay in a room that I used to share with you.” Chanyeol swallowed loudly, refusing to look back at his Hyung and face the terrible truth. “I want a new room for me too.”

Chanyeol simply replied: “I’ll come tell you your new room after I talk with the receptionist.”

“You don’t need you to come…”

“Then I’ll give you a call.”

“I don’t want you to do it.”

“Then…”

“Just call Cecil and tell him.” Chanyeol frowned.

“I refuse.”

“Then just tell the receptionist to call to this room and tell me.”

“Baekhyun, be reasonable! It would be easier to just come here and tell you! It’s much-“

“No. I already told you: I DON’T want you to come; I don’t want to see you; I don’t want to talk to you ever again.  It’s simple. Just leave me alone.” Chanyeol held himself on to his last hope: EXO.

“You can’t just do that! We work together! We’re Baekyeol couple! You’ll have to talk to me…eventually!”

“When we’re at work, I’ll try to make that sacrifice but till then I WANT to rest for a while and for that I need to NOT talk with you.”

Chanhyeol opened and closed his mouth several times, trying to find an answer to that but whenever he tried to talk, whatever he had in mind what to say, it would just disappear. Sighing heavily, he shook his head violently not wanting to believe in how they roles had inverted so quickly. This wasn’t like his plan at ALL.

“Are you just going to stand there?” Baekhyun asked when he saw his dongsaeng just standing in front of him.  “I need to wash and change.”

“Ehh?” Chanyeol blinked and the only answer he got was a death glare that was strong enough to kill a weaker human being. The taller man looked at Baekhyun once again and immediately understood. His Hyung seemed to be dressing just like he left him after bringing him unconscious to the room: . After automatically kicking all the impure thoughts away, he fully understood the situation and left the room to fulfill his task.

 

Chanyeol sighed deeply. Unfortunately for him, the reception was empty and there was no one to add some time till what he had to do. Slowly and discretely, Chanyeol approached the reception counter and with a relax attitude, as if he was just tired or happened to be there, he leaned on the counter and avoided the receptionists eyes. He just wished to not be noticed and be ‘forced’ to just go back to their room to give Baekhyun the sad excuse that all the rooms were occupied. Chanyeol smiled with his anticipated victory.

“Excuse me, sir…do you need help?”

Chanyeol froze when he heard the voice. . Wanting to avoid any eye contact that could denounce his reason for being there, Chanyeol looked at everywhere but the receptionist.

“Sir. Do you need something?” Chanyeol ignored her once again. He just wished she would stop bothering about him because if she insisted too much, he wouldn’t be able to pretend he didn’t hear her. “Sir? Sir! Are you alright? Can you listen to me? Sir!”

“Gosh! You’re so annoying!” Chanyeol suddenly shouted as he raised his hands to the air. He looked at the receptionist with eyes that could kill a man, I mean…a woman. However, the young lady seemed to not be bothered by that stare and he just smiled at the hotel’s guest.

“How can I help you?”

“You would have been helpful if you had ignored me.”

“Sorry, sir.” She smiled again. Chanyeol sighed and looked at her.

“Look…” He pointed at her. “If you really want to apologize then tell me that you have no free rooms.”

“Hum…” She looked into her computer and shook her head. “Sorry, sir but we have plenty of rooms. I’m afraid I can’t help you.” Chanyeol face palmed himself.

“Couldn’t you LIE?”

“Sorry, sir. That’s against my principles.” Chanyeol cursed his own luck. With so many liars in the world, why would he have to deal with a decent person when he needed ?

“Couldn’t you open an exception?”

“I don’t-“

“It’s for the sake of love! My lover wants to be apart from me but I just can’t stand the idea!” Chanyeol opened his arms in a dramatic way as he said this and …it worked. The sweet and angelical young woman seemed to be touched and her eyes shone.

“I’ll see what I can do…” Chanyeol made his happy-dance mentally as he saw the receptionist walking towards another one. He would be able to lie to Baekhyun without lying! He was about to make his dance in real life... when he saw that the other receptionist was someone that he already knew: the older receptionist from when they had made the check-in. He swallowed loudly as they walked towards him. The older receptionist immediately recognized him.

“Omo!” She shouted. “You’re that cranky guy from that day!”

“Hi!”

“Don’t tell me…you want separate bedrooms again?”

“W-well-“ Chanyeol stuttered. ! He needed to get some excuse or he would be screwed! However, the younger receptionist was faster.

“No! No!” She said passionately. “This sir wants me lie about having available rooms because he doesn’t want to be apart from his lover. From what I understood, the one who wants separate rooms is his lover and not him. Isn’t that sad?”

“Yes! That’s right! Very sad! ” Chanyeol said, hoping that the other reception was touched by this love problem like the younger one.

“What? How can that be possible?” The older receptionist seemed to be in shock. “Your lover seemed to be so deeply in love with you and so desperate to be alone with you last time! There’s no way he would have changed his mind so-“ She widened her eyes at the sudden revelation. “YOU DID SOMETHING!” She shouted.

“W-what?” The younger receptionist asked, surprised.

“This man!” The older one pointed at him, furiously. “ This man did something that hurt his lover! That’s why the latter wants separate rooms!”

“Is that true?” The innocent girl looked at him and Chanyeol felt like he was being judge by god.

“Yes! It is!” The other shouted without giving Chanyeol a chance to explain himself.  “Omo! Last night, I heard the doctor was called to some room…OMG it was your room! Am I right?” The expression on the guy’s face gave her the confirmation. “I AM RIGHT! YOU’RE A MONSTER!”

“Please, it’s not like that…” Chanyeol pleaded. “Just don’t let us change to separate rooms!”

“Well, excuse me if I sound unreasonable but there’s no way that I’m doing that! I’m giving you new rooms right now!” She grabbed the reception’s phone.

“NO!” Chanyeol held her wrist. “I need this chance!” She looked at the hand on her wrist and then at him.

“Stop touching me or instead of giving you a room I’ll make sure you sleep in the basement!” Chanyeol immediately let her wrist and impatiently waited for what was inevitable.  The threateningly lady dialed a number at the same time she searched on her computer. 

‘Please, don’t answer! Please don’t answer!’ Chanyeol mentally begged since he knew very well who she was calling.

“Hello? Is this Byun Baekhyun?” Chanyeol groaned. “Yes, I just wanted to tell you that your new room will be prepared in a few minutes. You can move to the room 201. You welcome. Have a good day.” The receptionist turned off the call and looked at Chanyeol directly in the eyes. “You, sir, can also start moving. Your room is 298.” The male widened his eyes.

“Aren’t those two rooms in opposite sides?”

“Yes.”

“But-“

“The farthest, the better. Now if you excuse me, I need to work. My partner will give you the key.” She politely bowed and went back to receive some other guests. Chanyeol sighed loudly. This couldn’t be happening to him. With so many people, why did he have to meet THAT specific woman?

“Here you have.” The younger receptionist handed him the room-card and Chanyeol took it, annoyed.

“Thank you.” Chanyeol sighed once again and he was about to leave when the woman’s glare suddenly made him stop. She was looking at him so fiercely that he was even afraid to breathe. “W-what? Is something-?”

“I really wish your lover never forgives you.” She just said before turning her back to him and walking away. Chanyeol, with his mouth opened, just followed her with his eyes. With two enemies like them, he was in LOTS of problems.

 

30 minutes later, both Chanyeol and Baekhyun had already moved their things to their new rooms. Chanyeol tried to convince Baekhyun several times to let him stay with him, but the latter just ignored him. He said he didn’t want to talk with Chanyeol ever again, and he was doing what he promised. After a few minutes of nagging, Chanyeol finally gave up.

Baekhyun looked around his new room. It was just like the old one. The only difference was the bed; a single bed. He let his suitcase fall on the floor and went to sit on the sofa. He looked around…and found his adorable friend Silence again but this time he welcomed him with his arms open because he had finally made it. He paid back to Chanyeol a little and that made feel better. It’s not that he liked to do these kinds of things but Chanyeol needed to know he had crossed the line and things wouldn’t be easy this time. He would make Chanyeol suffer and ignored him like he did to him.

Exo’s ‘Mama’ started playing and it almost scared the out of Baekhyun. At first he didn’t understand from where that music was coming from till he remembered he had recently changed his ringtone. As fast as he could due to the pain, he looked for it  and found it on his jacket pocket. It was Suho Hyung.

“Hello?”

“Baekhyun! My adorable dongsaeng!”

“Hi, Hyung.”

“How have you been? “ Baekhyun didn’t answer for a long period of time. “Oh come on, Baekhyun! You don’t need to be so shy! Tell me…How are things with Chanyeol? Did you make up already? How about my presents? Did you use it? Huh? Huh? Tell me everything! Wait, not everything….just…”  Suho heard a sob on the other side. “Baekhyun? Baekhyun? Are you alright? Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun cried. Baekhyun cried because his Hyung made him remember. He remembered the reason why they came to the hot-springs. He remembered how happy he was because he had the chance to make up with his Channie; the ert couple who mistook him for a girl; his plans to seduce the angry man….and how they failed. How Mimiko got into their lives and ruined everything; How Chanyeol left him alone that night. But that wasn’t why he cried, he had done that already. He cried because he had met a Chanyeol that he hated; he cried because that Chanyeol hurt him, that Chanyeol didn’t believe in his words. He let all the tears fall because Chanyeol was now trying to be forgiven in a blink of an eye. Chanyeol...that stupid Chanyeol made him impossible to answer to his Hyung right now.

Suho heard his dongsaeng crying while he whispered soft and calm words thru the phone. He took that as a very negative answer. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were worse than ever and so they were still fighting. That meant that they hadn’t used his gift…and that by saying that he might have just hurt his friend even more. He didn’t know what else to do but to stay by his ‘side’. Baekhyun’s crying seemed to calm down a little and he was just sobbing at the moment.

“Baekhyun…I’m sorry if I was insensible before. I didn’t know you guys were…like this.” Suho said as the younger male let out a soft moan.

“It’s okay, Hyung.”

“Did something happen?”

“I…I would prefer not to talk about it, Hyung.” He couldn’t possibly tell him he had almost been and that he even fainted…twice! All because of Chanyeol.

“I understand. Is there anything you need me to do? I can...” Baekhyun shook his head.

“It’s fine, Hyung. You’ve already done enough.” Baekhyun didn’t know very well what kind of impact those words had on his Hyung who felt like it was all his fault. If he hadn’t sent them on that stupid trip they would probably be together again.

“I’m sorry Baekhyun…”

“Ehh?? “ The younger male blinked. “No! Hyung…I didn’t mean it in that way!”

“I know Baekhyun. Don’t worry. “

“Hyung!”

“I’m telling it’s fine.” Suho sighed. “You don’t really need anything?”

“I’ll call you if I need it. But Hyung…I didn’t mean to…”

“I’ll pick it up whenever you call. DON’T worry about me! You already have problems enough! Take care of yourself okay?”

“Yes, Hyung. You too.”

“Bye.”

Baekhyun turned off the call and looked at his phone as he wiped the last tears from his eyes. “Very well, Baekhyun. You’ve just put the blame on your Hyung!” He said to himself. But he really didn’t have that intention. He simply wanted to say that their Hyung had already done enough to try to make things work out! He had done all he can’t! He was a wonderful Hyung! Somehow…Baekhyun managed to screw things up. He clenched his fist in rage.

“It’s all that stupid CHANYEOL’s FAULT!” He shouted. If hadn’t acted like a jerk none of this would have happened! He shouldn’t have done anything to hurt him! He should have loved him when he had the chance to do so instead of flirting with another person! God HE HATED HIM SO MUCH! Baekhyun breathed in deeply.

“I’ll make you pay Chanyeol!” He shouted again. He would make Chanyeol feel the way he felt! He would made him feel as miserable as he felt! He would make him cry like he had just cried! He would take his revenge! Things wouldn’t be easy for him! He wouldn’t let himself forgive Chanyeol as easily as the latter wanted.

As Baekhyun thought on this last sentence, he felt something weird squirming on his heart. Something didn’t feel right. He was …uncertain.  Baekhyun shook his head violently as he kicked this doubt away.

 

In the dorms

Suho turned off his phone with a sigh as the rest of EXO-K’s members looked at him with expectation. Sehun, Kai and Kyungsoo were sitting on the sofa in front of him with their eyes shining, nervously. After Suho told them about his plan, they had been all waiting for Baekyeol to make up.

“How are they Hyung?” Sehun asked, carefully. From his Hyung’s face…nothing good was coming from his mouth. Suho shook his head.

“They’re even worse than before.” Everyone shared a sigh in disappointment but the deepest was Suho’s. The guilt was growing on him even though he knew his dongsaeng didn’t mean it in that way. But maybe, just maybe, if he hadn’t tried to rush them just because of their manager… He could handle their manager’s complains and yelling but he hated to see his dongsaeng’s unhappy.

“Is there anything we can do?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I told Baekhyun to call me if he needed something. That’s all what we can do right now.” Another collective sigh. These past 3 days had been extremely stressful to all of them. Even though their manager called them saying they had one more week to rest than before, they weren’t sure if that was good or bad. If Baekyeol came back together as one again they could enjoy their free time happily…but if not…Suho didn’t even want to imagine that scenario.

A few minutes later, the door bell rang giving to all of them a fright.

“I’ll go get it Hyungs.” Sehun offered. Getting up from the sofa with a jump, he ran to the door.

“Who might be?” Suho wondered. His dongsaeng’s just shrugged. If their leader didn’t know…why would they? Suho heard the door being opened and Sehun suddenly shrieked and shouted.

“HYUNG! COME HERE QUICKLY!” Kai, Kyungsoo and Suho looked at each other without knowing what was happening but eventually decided to get up and practically ran to their dongsaeng.

“Who is it?” Kai asked but his question was immediately answered when they looked at the door. 6 people were standing at the door and Sehun was hugging tightly one of them. A huge smile was formed in Suho’s lips: EXO-M members were standing just right in front of him.

“SURPRISE!” They all shouted while Suho stepped forward to hug Lay.

 

 

Back at the Hotel…

Later, when Baekhyun was resting peacefully on his bed, Cecil and Mimiko came to visit and Baekhyun welcomed them happily, even though he still didn’t like that girl very much, she helped him to make sure Chanyeol was away before. Speaking of the devil, right after the couple arrived, Chanyeol knocked his door and came in. He started making tones of questions, wanting to touch him and get back to their shared room but Baekhyun just ignored him.

Baekhyun literally acted as if his lover wasn’t there. He didn’t look, talk or even notice him and Chanyeol felt like throwing himself out of the window. Being treated like nothing hurt. Cecil and Mimiko pretended that they didn’t notice a thing and just chatted happily with Baekhyun about the most random things.

When later on it was already time for dinner, the foreign couple invited them both to eat.  Baekhyun accepted. Chanyeol accepted and because he accepted Baekhyun immediately said he wasn’t going. Chanyeol then said that if Baekhyun wasn’t going he wouldn’t go and so Baekhyun accepted to go again. Chanyeol was going too. Baekhyun said he wasn’t.  Cecil and Mimiko looked at the couple one at a time and they were getting dizzy from looking like crazy at each of them. Baekhyun pointed his finger at Chanyeol.

“I refuse to go with him.”

“What? That’s not fair! I wanna go with you!” Chanyeol replied.

“Fine, then I’m not going.”

“But…but…” Chanyeol didn’t know what to do. He wanted to have dinner with Baekhyun and he would do anything to get that chance. But on the other hand, he didn’t want his own selfishness to win over what Baekhyun wanted again. “Alright, I’m not going.” Baekhyun smirked to himself.

“Then I guess I’ll join you to dinner.” Baekhyun said as he smiled happily towards Cecil and Mimiko who just looked at each other awkwardly. They really weren’t feeling like being in the middle of the storm that was certainly coming and so they just nodded.

Baekhyun, with a victorious smile on his swollen lips, tried to get out of bed. He used his arm to get some balance as he stood up but an acute pain ripped his body in two, making him sit again with a groan coming out of his throat. Worried, Chanyeol immediately ran towards him and wrapped his arm around his Hyung’s waist and put the latter’s arm around his shoulders. Baekhyun gladly accepted that help. His body was still sore and the medicine the doctor gave him wasn’t helping him much. When he looked at himself in the mirror he almost fell back on the floor at how bad his face and body looked like. He hated to see himself like this…all because of Chanyeol.

Speaking of which, the latter helped his Hyung to stand up completely and they looked at each other. Their eyes met; their faces extremely close to the point their noses were so close and their breaths caressed each other’s face. Baekhyun swallowed loudly as he breathed Chanyeol’s breath, as he felt that warm hand on his waist and he felt Chanyeol’s shoulders under his arm. Chanyeol couldn’t help feeling the same way. Carefully, he approached Baekhyun’s face even more…bad idea.

That movement woke up Baekhyun from his statue state and he notice what he was actually doing. Why the hell was he letting Chanyeol helping him? Why was he getting go excited over his touch? What about his revenge plan? What about the story of making Chanyeol feel the same way he did? WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING?

“Stay AWAY from me!” Baekhyun suddenly shouted pushing Chanyeol away and falling back on the bed with a groan. Chanyeol just stood there, in the same position of when he was holding Baekhyun just before. Baekhyun bit his lip, even though it hurt like hell.  Why was it so hard for him to act that way? Shaking his head in disbelief, Chanyeol tried to help him standing up again but he was pushed away again. “I said: stay the ing AWAY from me!”

Chanyeol swallowed loudly, because he was both ashamed for being yelled at in front of Cecil and Mimiko and frustrated and sad at the same time since his Baeky pushed him away as if he was something repulsive.

Cecil looked at both of them, intrigued. Now he understood what kind of relation these two had. Baekhyun sent him a ‘asking for help’ look and he stepped towards the bed.

“I’ll help you.”

Chanyeol saw him approaching HIS Baeky and help him standing up. But he not only saw that but also saw Baekhyun doing nothing about it. He just gladly accepted the help. That just stabbed Chanyeol deep in the heart. Why would he accept Cecil help and not his? Why? Was Cecil that better than him? What did he have that he didn’t?  With these thoughts in mind he saw the couple and Baekhyun staying behind while he just…he just covered his eyes. 

 

TO BE CONTINUED....

 

Hey Hey!!!:D 

8th!!! OMFG! 8th chapter :D THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBERS *O* WOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *O* COMMENT READ AND SUBSCRIBE!!!

I guess it's here where Baekhyun's little revenge starts:D kkkk~~~ I know you all want Chanyeol to suffer a little! SHAME ON YOU :D well....let's see if Baekhyun has the guts to do it *wink*

NOW LET'S TALK A LITTLE EVERYONE : I read marshimalllow comment AND I have to say that I thought about that ! you just read my mind! *hugs* BUT I was thinking about writting it seperatly^^ In another fanfiction and all that stuff: D But I would like to know the opinion of all of you : DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING AT THE DORMS? (I kind of gave you a little teaser in this chapter :P)IF YES: Would you want me to WRITE IT IN THIS STORY OR SEPERATLY? PLEASE ANSWER ON THE COMMENTS :D 

cheonsa92 *hugs you tightly* Thank you so much for carring T____T <3 I'm really not forcing myself^^ I really want to upload it and write as much as I can! but sometimes my stupid teachers don't let me!!!!!! -.- That's why I said I didn't know if I would be able to keep up with this ^^ They're trying to force me to not upload but I'M STRONGER :D 

Frayjadour Thank you THANKyou!!!!!!!!!!! *kiss your cheeks* <3  you don't know how happy I am to know that! I really hope to not disappoint you!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU TOO *O*

SPECIAL THANKS TO MOCA-CHAN FOR CORRECTING MY MISTAKES :P <3

BYE BYE, RUCA :D <3