Chapter 21 - If.... Maybe...

Let's go on a (make up?) trip?

Three steps to the left. Three steps to the right. Over and over again. If the poor floor could move he would have left long ago. Chanyeol had been waiting for Baekhyun for more than 10 minutes and he was getting impatient. To go to their bedroom and come back, it wouldn’t take more than 3 minutes but Baekhyun didn’t come even thought it has been 10 minutes already.

Something wasn’t right. Maybe someone called him and he was taking the call in the bedroom. Or maybe he took conscious of how messy the room was and decided to make it better so that it wouldn’t be so embarrassing when the room service arrived. Maybe he needed to go to the bathroom and it was taking a while. Maybe. But 5 minutes went by and Chanyeol was worried. Even if Baekhyun was doing some of those things, he didn’t need 15 freaking minutes to do it!

Faster than he wanted to admit, Chanyeol walked to their bedroom. His heart beat faster for no apparent reason and he felt like he had a worm wondering around painfully on his chest. Something definitely wasn’t right.

Taking the key-card out of his pocket, he quickly opened the door.

“Baeky? What is taking you so long?” Chanyeol asked as he entered the room but to his surprise no one replied…and there was no sight of Baekhyun. “Baeky? Are you there?” He opened the bathroom’s door and looked inside…still no sight of his older mate. The uncomfortable feeling on his chest increased. “Baeky, this is not funny. Where are you?” Chanyeol looked around the room one more time. He searched for his lover everywhere even in the most impossible places but he still couldn’t find him.

“Baeky?”

He pulled away the curtains but Baekhyun wasn’t behind them. He peeked under the bed. He opened and closed the wardrobe several times, one door at a time, but he wasn’t there either.

“Baeky?!” His voice was getting louder as panic started growing inside him.

Even thought it might sound stupid, Chanyeol looked for his most precious person on Baekhyun’s suitcase. He pulled away all the sheets from the bed. He threw the pillows from the bed and the sofa to the floor. He even searched for him behind the TV!

However, Baekhyun wasn’t there.

Chanyeol rubbed his forehead with his hand as he looked around for the millionth time. Thru his expression, you could see how worried he was. Where was he? Chanyeol breathed in deeply, trying to calm himself down. He couldn’t start panicking just because he couldn’t find Baekhyun in the room!

“Maybe he went somewhere and he forgot to tell me?” Chanyeol said to himself. He knew that was unlikely to be true since his hyung wasn’t the type of person who leaves without saying anything. Except when they were mad at each other. Chanyeol blinked. But then again, that seemed to be the best option and he gladly took it. If it wasn’t that Chanyeol was really afraid to know…What if he was hurt? What if he was kidnapped or something? No. Chanyeol couldn’t think about those things.

“Baekhyun is fine” He tried to convince himself. “I just need to call him to see where he is. Yes, that’s right.”

Chanyeol ran to his phone, which had fallen from the bed, and quickly grabbed it, dialing Baeky’s number as fast as he could. He just needed to make a call.. He put his phone against his ear and waited. However, instead of hearing Baekhyun’s voice on the other side, he heard EXO-K’s “MAMA”. That…was Baekhyun’s ringtone. He pulled the phone away for a little and listened carefully. The music was coming from THEIR room. Chanyeol fallowed the music…maybe it would lead him to Baekhyun. Kyungsoo’s voice was coming from the sofa. Chanyeol sighed deeply when he noticed the music was playing inside Baekhyun’s small hand-bag. Just to make sure, he took his lover’s phone on his hand and rejected his own call.

“Seems like he didn’t take his phone with him…” Chanyeol sighed again. Where the hell is he? He didn’t even take the phone with him- Then it hit him.

“Wait…Baekhyun came to pick up his phone…why would he leave without his phone? If he doesn’t have his phone…that means…”

…that he probably didn’t even enter the room. Something or someone had stopped his baby from doing so! Chanyeol’s body froze. Where was his Baeky? That wasn’t normal! His whole body started shaking and cold sweat slid down his spine.

“Something happened to him…Wait…no…t-there must be an explanation. Someone must know where m-my Baeky is. Calm down Chanyeol.” He looked at his phone. “S-Suho Hyung…Yeah…he…might have asked B-Baeky to do something…” Without wasting more time, he dialed his Hyung’s number. He waited. Chanyeol waited and waited, but no one picked up and soon it got to the voice mail. He cursed.

“DAMN IT YIXING!”

Who else? Who else could know where he was? Mimiko. Mimi-chan could know. He called him and unlike Suho, who probably didn’t pick up because of his jealous boyfriend, she immediately answered to his call.

“Hello?”

“MIMI-CHAN!” Chanyeol shouted a little too loud, scaring the hell out of the girl on the other side of the line when she noticed the worried tone on his voice.

“Chanyeol-kun! What’s wrong?”

“My Baeky…do you know where he is?”

“Baekhyun-kun? Hum…I’m sorry but I have no idea.”

“Are you sure? You didn’t see him on the hallway or something?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t.”

“But are you really, really sure? Maybe you saw him but you don’t remember. Try harder!”

“Chanyeol-kun, I told you, I didn’t see him.” Chanyeol groaned in frustration. “Why? What’s wrong?”

“EVERYTHING! I don’t know where he is!”

“Did you look around the hotel?”

“No. I called him but it’s useless since he has no phone. I thought you might know where he is, I mean…Aish…What if something happened to him?” She chuckled.

“Come on, Chanyeol-kun. Baekhyun-kun knows how to take care of himself. He probably needed to go somewhere and forgot to tell you. You don’t need to be so worried. He will show up in no time!”

“But that’s the point! He never forgets to tell me these things! How am I supposed to not be worried?”

“Chanyeol-kun, I told you. He is alright! Cecil does this all the time! OH!“ She suddenly shouted.

“What?”

“I remembered something!”

“Really? And are you going to share it with me or not?” Chanyeol threw his free hand to the air, ironically.

“Aigoo… calm down! You should call Cecil. He probably knows where he is!” Chanyeol frowned.

“What do you mean?”

“This morning, he told me he had something planned with Baekhyun-kun. Maybe he is with him!” Chanyeol remembered how he had treated Cecil when he came to their room that morning and he knew what she just said couldn’t be true. He had ruined his plans.

“You think so?”

“Why don’t you give him a call?”

“Yeah…maybe I should do it.”

“Call me when you find him, okay?”

“Okay. See you later.”

Chanyeol turned off the call and looked at his phone. He didn’t like the idea of having to call to that bastard after all that besides…it seemed to be the last option he had before starting his search thru the hotel like a mad man. He glared at his phone again. Bring it on. He looked for Cecil’s number and quickly dialed it.

Chanyeol prepared himself to sound as friendly and nice as he could, in a way that would sound like nothing had happened. Maybe Cecil wasn’t that upset. Besides, he gave him a great gift. The usual sound of when someone picks up the phone was heard and Chanyeol immediately speak out his words.

“Hey! Cecil! How are you? I was wondering if you-“

“I almost thought you wouldn’t call.”

“ What?”

“You’re probably calling to ask for Bacon-kun, right?”

Chanyeol eyes widened.

“How do you know that?”

“Because…I’m the one who took him away from you.” Chanyeol’s body tensed up. What was this guy talking about? He took Baekhyun away? Why would he-

That morning. That morning Chanyeol had humiliated Cecil in a way that the foreigner wouldn’t forgive. 1 or 2 hours later Baekhyun’s disappears. Chanyeol didn’t know how he didn’t notice this before.

Cecil was the one who didn’t let Baekhyun get in the room. The Korean man eyes shone with rage as his grip around the phone tightened.

“Where is he?”

“Don’t worry Channie. He is alright. He is sleeping on my lap right now.”

“What the HELL did you do to him?”

“Nothing. He is just sleeping. I would never hurt my Baeky.” Chanyeol would have punched him right on that moment if they were face to face.

“You have no right to call him that!”

“Oh? Says who?”

“The person Baekhyun loves!” He heard Cecil chuckling hatefully on the other side.

“So? That’s about to change my friend. It’s impossible to keep loving someone you’ll never see again.” All the rage on Chanyeol’s body was substituted with fear.

“W-what do you mean?”

“You’ll never lay your eyes on your Baeky again. He is staying with me from now on.”

“What? You can’t do that!”

“I can and I will. We’re now going to a little house where will spend our first days together. It will be like a honeymoon.”

“Cecil…I’m sorry if I-“

 “Or like a nightmare…if Baekhyun doesn’t agree, of course.” Chanyeol’s heart skipped a beat.

“Cecil, what are you thinking? You’re not going to hurt him right? You said that!”

“Well…if he doesn’t cooperate…my hand might fly sometimes.”

“CECIL! FOR GOD’S SAKE! I’m sorry for the way I treated you before! I’m really sorry!” Chanyeol fell on his knees, as if Cecil was right in front of him. He couldn’t let that happen. “Just don’t do anything to Baekhyun! Let him go!”

“Nuh-uh. He is mine now, and I can do everything I want with him. He will never go back to you.”

“Cecil, let’s talk. We can-“

“You’re too late, Channie. I’m just making my fantasies true. Isn’t that what you wanted me to do? To keep fantasizing?”

“It was just a joke Cecil! Don’t tell me you believed it!”

“Well, since I’m an and all that, of course I did!”

“Oh, come on! Let’s meet! We can make a deal! Where are you?”

“So close…but so far, Channie.”

“Cecil, please…let’s-“

“I’m sorry Channie, but my Baeky is waking up. I need to give him attention and treat him well. Let’s just pray for him to behave, okay?”

“Cecil! DON’T DO ANYTHING! CECIL? HELLO? CECIL!” Chanyeol looked at his phone…the call has been disconnected. He threw his phone to the floor. “WHY DID I HAVE TO ACT LIKE A MORON AND DO THAT!?” Chanyeol hid his face on his hands.

If he hadn’t act all cocky with Cecil, nothing like this would be happening. If he had been nice and ignore Cecil they would be alright. It was his entire fault. Now, Baekhyun was in that mad man’s hands! What would he do to his Baeky? By the way he talked; Cecil would even be able to hit him! He would make his Baeky suffer! What if he bled? What if Baekhyun didn’t cooperate? What if…What if…

For the first time in his life, Chanyeol felt fear. For the first time, Chanyeol wished for Baekhyun to not love him. He wanted Baekhyun’s to lie! If that was the true, Baekhyun could accept Cecil’s feelings and he would be fine! Chanyeol didn’t care if he lost Baekhyun! Yes, his life would and he would probably kill himself a week later, but he would prefer it than to see him suffer. Chanyeol buried his face deeper on his hands.

However, he knew Baekhyun would never do that. Baekhyun could be a little shy and difficult when it comes to the person he loves but he would never pretend to be like that. It was just too embarrassing. That’s why he needed to do something.

Wiping away the few tears that had fallen from his eyes, Chanyeol stood up. If he didn’t do something his Baeky would be in dangerous. Cecil said he was close but far at the same time. It was probably a joke but it was all the clues he had. Chanyeol cleared his mind but he just couldn’t find out what he was talking about. Maybe the hotel? It was close but it would take him centuries till he found the right room…that was almost like he was far away? With only this option he knew what he had to do. 

He picked up his phone again and ran out of the room.

He ran as fast as he could towards the room where he had seen Cecil kissing his Baeky. His whole body shivered at the memory but the thought of Baekhyun bleeding or hurting because of Cecil was even worse and it gave him strengths to go on. It was the most obvious place to look on but at least he had somewhere to start. 

“Hey! Chanyeol-kun!” Someone called but he ignored, heading towards the room. As soon as he got there, he almost broke the door when he knocked it hard.

“BAEKY! ARE YOU THERE?!” He knocked it harder. “BAEKY!” Chanyeol heard voices in the room and the door was opened. All the expectations Chanyeol could have were crashed when he saw the old lady that opened the door. She had to lift her head a lot to look at him. Despite all the noise he had made, she didn’t seem angry, just curious.

“Yes? Can I help you with anything, young man?” Chanyeol looked down at her, a little embarrassed.

“I’m sorry, my mistake. I was looking for someone but I see this is not the place.”

“Can I help you?”

“No, thank you. I’m sorry to bother you.” Chanyeol bowed and walked away, disappointed. The old lady closed the door, confused.

“Hey! Chanyeol-kun!” The someone called again. “Are you deaf or something?” Recognizing the voice, Chanyeol turned around to look at Mimiko.

“Mimi-chan! What are you doing?”

“You didn’t call me back and so I got worried! Did you talk to Cecil?” She approached him and gave him a hug. Chanyeol didn’t know what to say. “So? Did you or not?”

“Yes, I did.”

“And?”

“Baekhyun is with him…like you said he would.”

“See? I told you not to worry!” She sighed happily. “I’m kind of jealous you know? Sometimes I think he likes Baekhyun-kun more than me. But It’s good to know they’re close.” Chanyeol’s cheek twisted, the truth wanting to jump right out of his mouth. He needed her help and only by telling the truth she would be able to do it. “Cecil is so cute when he is with Baekhyun-kun! I always like to see them together! If we didn’t exist I’m sure they would be together! Don’t you think Chanyeol-kun?”

“I…” Chanyeol swallowed the painful words again.

“Of course you do! But don’t be jealous! Baekhyun loves you too much to dump you! Oh….Young love is so beautiful! Cecil-“

“Cecil is in love with Baekhyun.”

Mimiko blinked.

“What?”

“I’m sorry I didn’t say anything to you before but I really need your help right now.” And Chanyeol told her the whole story. He told her all about his jealousy towards them and he saw Baekhyun and Cecil kissing the other night. How they made love. How Cecil appeared in front of him that morning and the things he said. Till Baekhyun’s disappearance. He told her it was Cecil who ‘kidnapped’ Baekhyun.

Chanyeol looked at her, trying to figure out her expression. She was sad, heartbroken he could say. But he didn’t find the surprise that was supposed to be right in the middle of her eyes.

“Mimi-chan. Are you alright?” He expected her to cry, to scream, to something but she just nodded.

“Yes.” He looked at him and smiled. It’s almost like…as if she knew something about it. Chanyeol quickly kicked that thought away. That couldn’t be true and it definitely wasn’t. “Where did he say he was?”

“The problem is that he didn’t say anything! I don’t know where to start!”

“Did you talk with the Hotel staff?”

“For what?”

“Then, let’s go.” Mimiko grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the elevator’s side.

“Where?”

“To the reception. Let’s ask for help. The hotel is the first place we should look in. It will be easier if more people help us. Besides, they have the keys to all the rooms.”

Chanyeol slapped himself mentally for not thinking about it sooner and just followed her.

 

 

“WHAT?” The female receptionist from Baekyeol’s first time at the hotel shouted.

“Someone kidnapped my baby. You need to help us!” The receptionist looked at them, as if she was trying to figure out if that was a joke or not.  However, the expressions on their faces were the answer she needed. She nodded and her eyes shone.

“Count with my help! Do you have any pictures you can give us?”

“Yes! Of course!” Chanyeol quickly grabbed his wallet where he always carried his Baeky’s photo. It was an old fashionable thing and Baekhyun almost ripped it apart when he saw but Chanyeol insisted to have it with him. He saw Mimi-chan doing the same, her hands were shaking. He couldn’t even imagine how hard that was being for her.

He reached his hand to give Baeky’s precious picture to the receptionist but he quickly pulled his hand away, when he remembered a fact he had forgotten.

“What are you going to do with the pictures?”

“I’m going to digitalize them and send them all over the system. This way everyone will know who they should be looking for.” Chanyeol looked at Mimi-chan. He couldn’t possibly do that. One thing is to walk around the hotel without getting attention and another totally different was to advertise Baekhyun’s picture to everyone. It wouldn’t take much time till everyone knew EXO-K’s Baekhyun and Chanyeol went on a romantic trip together. Mimi-chan understood this in just one second. She reached out her hand to give Cecil’s picture. Just like Chanyeol, she liked to carry her lover’s photo with her.

“Here. This Photo his enough. If you find him you’ll find both.” The receptionist took it and smiled.

“We’ll do the best we can.”

In just a few minutes, everyone had stopped to look for the missing person and Chanyeol and Mimiko joined them. They just couldn’t stand being on the same place.

All the rooms were searched; the saunas were checked; the entire hotel was turned upside down but no one was found. They spent more than 2 hours looking for them but nothing. Even the other guest helped…but there was still no sight of Cecil…or Baekhyun.

In the end, they even extended their searching to the areas around the hotel, knocking on everyone’s door and peeking on every dark corner but it was useless. They spent another 3 hours on this and nothing.

Chanyeol leaned his back against the wall of the lat house they knocked and slid down, burying his face on his knees. He had been searching for Baekhyun with all his power and will. They were already in the middle of the afternoon. He did all he could. But it just wasn’t enough!

On the other hand, he just couldn’t stop worrying over his lover. They didn’t even have breakfast when he disappeared. Did he eat? Was he alright? Did Cecil do something to him? Was he hurt? Was he able to lie?

“Where are you Baeky?” He sobbed, tears falling on his cheeks. He was so afraid. What if he never found him? What if he really didn’t see Baekhyun ever again? What if he was now destined to spend his life in a world where Baekyeol didn’t exist? It wasn’t right! It wasn’t fair! Now that they were back together…why did this have to happen? They were so happy before all this! Before he had put on a tantrum because of Baekhyun’s way of acting! Before they had come on this stupid trip!!

Why wasn’t he able to find his Baeky when their love was so strong?

With the worse feeling of loss Chanyeol had ever faced, he cried. If only he hadn’t talked to Cecil in that way! If only everything was different.

“Baeky…where are you?” 

 

TO BE CONTINUED....

 

Hey Hye^^ And one week later, here I am :D Huh...FINALLY :D 

I know some of you don'tl like so much drama but...sorry T_T but Baeky was kind of kidnapped! How can this not be dramatic? 

So this Chapter was CHanyeol's side of the story...for the next one...Baekhyun :D what did Cecil do to him? :OOOOOOO >o< T________________T *Cries* Youdon't wanna know *sniff* :P

Well...this story is almost in the end as you can probably feel it :D From now on I'll be able to upload more often :D More than once a week at least :DDDDDDDDDDDD Let's see :D

Thank you everyone for reading, commenting and subscribing *O* 82 SUBSCRIBERS!!! 82!!! MORE THAN 4700 views *O* Uh-UH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *party!!* :D

THANK YOU :D
Bye Bye, Ruca <3

P.S: See? didn't forget to mention you this time :D Huh? huh? This is the kind of thing you like right Moca-chan? :D