Chapter 5

The secret in my heart

“Working? Where are you going?”, JiEun suddenly appeared at the door. She didn’t know that HyunAe was grounded.

“Sorry JiEun. No shopping today. HyunAe is grounded!”, YongGuk quickly said before HyunAe made her pout face and told JiEun to convince him.

“But why? What did she do? Why do you always so harsh to her?”, JiEun pushed YongGuk from behind while he was taking the eggs out from the pan and they all lied on the kitchen table.

“Why don’t you ask her yourself?”, YongGuk scolded her back with a fierce look and cleaned the table.

“Now you’re even scolding me? What’s wrong with you?”, JiEun leaned up to pinch YongGuk’s earlobes.

“YAH! What are you doing?”, YongGuk pushed her hands off and yelled, “She made a seriously big mistake! She went to a club without my pemission and was almost !”

“Omo…”, JiEun used her hands to hold her surprise in. “Omo… HyunAe ah, are you okay?”, then immediately turned to HyunAe.

“I’m fine… but my clothes… AH UNNI! THE FAVORITE HOODIE OF MINE THAT YOU BOUGHT FOR ME…”, HyunAe dropped herself on the chair, “Unni I lost it!”, and pouted. Glancing at YongGuk but HyunAe coddled to JiEun, “I lost the hoodie that your girlfriend bought for me…”, like a kitten.

“I said no shopping today!”, YongGuk was done cleaning up the kitchen. He sat down and hurriedly put the bread into his mouth, “I don’t care if you lost your favorite hoodie! It’s your fault. You even almost lost something much more important… Your i…”

“OPPA!”, HyunAe cut YongGuk off with a shout. “STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT! It was my fault okay?”. HyunAe felt so awkward when YongGuk talked about that sensitive topic. Actually, when she was reminded of that, all she could remember was the feeling when she realized that YongGuk changed the clothes for her. Her face had gone red.

“Well JiEun… we’re about to go to work so see you later!”, YongGuk put the last piece of bread into his mouth and saluted to JiEun then signaled her to get out of their house.

“Are you kicking me out of the house?”, JiEun crossed her arms and gave a fierce glance to YongGuk, “Allright! Then don’t never call me your bestfriend!”, then she madly got out of the house after slamming the door.

“OPPA! Why are you acting like that?”, HyunAe threw the empty dishes into the dish-washer, “you’re so mean treating your girlfriend like that!”

“Shut up. You talk a lot today. I’ll wait in the truck”, YongGuk leaned over to take his coat and went straight to his truck. “Stop calling her my girlfriend…”, YongGuk mumbled while walking to the truck, “Don’t you realize whom I love?”. YongGuk was just pissed off when the one he loved combined “JiEun” and “his girlfriend”.

 

==

 

“Wow I think it’ll have storm today. BIG STORM!”, HyoSung expressed her big surprise before getting ready to have breakfast.

“WAE NOONA? Is it that strange for me to visit my cousin?”, the boy stopped eating and pouted to HyoSung.

“Aniah… I’m just thinking that you only come to meet me when you have problems… or something like that!”, HyoSung's mocking attitude made the boy choke while the piece of pie was in his mouth.

He stopped eating completely and asked HyoSung seriously, “Noona… how can you know that?”

“Zelo ah, you’re my cousin! Of course I know you too well”, HyoSung winked to him.

“Last night…”, Zelo hesitated, “I saw a girl with the same scar that you described about HyoMi’s…”

“MWO?”, HyoSung dropped the spoon and stared at Zelo. “WHERE DID YOU FIND HER? WHERE IS SHE?”, HyoSung moved closer to Zelo and shook him.

“I don’t know… I’m sorry noona… I don’t even know her name…”, Zelo stuttered.

“Then how could you see her scar? That scar stays on her thigh, near her crotch”, HyoSung was having a mess of feelings. She was so happy when she heard the news but then Zelo’s lack of information brought her down again.

“It was…”, Zelo scratched his head, “Well…”. He just couldn’t say that he was about to her when he saw that scar. “It… It was an accident! I fell over her so her skirt was lifted and I saw the scar…”, Zelo his lips and built a great story.

“…”, HyoSung wanted to say something but she didn’t know what to say. She couldn't blame him for not asking her more as he met that girl accidentally.

“Mianhae noona…”, Zelo felt a bit guilty for letting HyoSung down, not for the girl. “If only I asked for her name…”

HyoSung sighed and stood up. “Just finish your breakfast and go home… I want to take a rest…”, then she headed towards her room.

Zelo hop in his car and drove away. When Zelo turned out to the big road, his car passed a truck turning in to HyoSung’s house. Zelo was so busy thinking, “Aish HyoSung noona ah… Where the hell can I find that girl for you?”

 

 ==

 

The butler made a line of vases on the table in front of HyunAe while she was busy choosing flowers to arrange. “Just do it like the last time. My mistress really likes them!”

“Ne…”, HyunAe bowed respectfully, “I’ll try my best!”

Hearing a soft and clear voice of a girl, HyoSung stopped sobbing, cleaned her face and walked downstairs. When HyoSung reached the ground, she found a girl arranging flowers on the tables with a very passionate attitude. There was something of her made HyoSung feel like they had met each other before. HyoSung shrugged all of that away and started talking to her.

“Oh you’re back again…!”, HyoSung smiled happily and dashed towards the table. “I asked your brother to bring you here…”

“You’re the owner of this house! Oh annyeong haseyo…”, HyunAe bowed to HyoSung.

“Ah, you don’t need to!”, HyoSung stopped HyunAe and continued, “I really like the way you arrange the flowers. My mother used to arrange the same style…”, HyoSung picked a vase up and beamed at it.

“Used to…? So she…”, HyunAe wanted to asked straight but it was impolite to say something like that.

“My parents were dead in a car accident…”, HyoSung sighed slightly. It was strange when HyoSung talked about that sad story but she didn’t upset at all. Was it because of HyunAe?

“What’s your name, dear?”, HyoSung took a branch of flower and put it into the vase. They arranged the vase together.

“I’m HyunAe… Bang HyunAe”, HyunAe replied her with a smile while t the leaves.

“My sister must be your age now…”, HyoSung smiled to herself. She felt like she was talking to a close friend of her.

“Must be…? You don’t live with her?”, HyunAe was a bit curious because she saw the family picture and there were four people.

“We lost each other after the accident. I’ve been looking for her…”, HyoSung didn’t feel any awkward telling that as HyunAe kept looking deep into her eyes when they talked and it made her feel so warm.

HyunAe and HyoSung talked and joked and laughed a lot until all of the vases were full of flowers. Although it was there first time meeting, none of them really felt like that. Both of them were so surprise realizing that they had many familiar things and understood each other pretty well. HyoSung had never been happy and talkative like that since her parents’ car accident.

 

==

 

YongGuk moved the tap of water from left to right and enjoyed playing with it because he was so lonely working alone outside. “What the hell is HyunAe doing? Why does it take her so long?”

“Ouch! Hey watch out!”, a guy tried to avoid the flow of water as he was walking by and YongGuk was busy missing HyunAe so he didn’t realize.

“I’m really sorry!”, YongGuk immediately threw the tap away and apologized to that guy.

“Oh... Is that YongGuk?”