Chapter 16

The secret in my heart

YongGuk opened the fridge to get an orange juice bottle. It was strange when he saw only one bottle there. There used to be two of them. YongGuk slammed the fridge’s door to chase away the flashbacks flying through his mind. He saw a girl smiling cutely to him and calling “Oppa”. It was hurt. But he would continue to smile, no matter how hurt he was.

HyoMi sat down on the couch and moved her eyes around. Finally she was able to adapt to this new life in Paris, far away from Korea, far away from that guy. “Oh , that’s not great at all”. Sitting here in a brand new house, in a totally strange city but YongGuk was still there in her mind. To remove YongGuk from her heart, it would be like when HyoMi removed a tattoo that she had gotten for fifteen years. It would be painful and she wouldn’t like the scars for sure. However it was the only way.

Fifteen years living and growing up together, YongGuk and HyoMi understood each other too much that sometimes they didn’t need to ask to know what the other was thinking. And now they had to be apart and erase each other from their minds. I’m not sure if any of them could survive living without each other.

HyoMi took the photo inside her wallet out and turned it around to read the words written on it, “HyunAe ♥ YongGuk”. She was about to tear it into pieces but it was too hard. HyoMi closed her eyes to stop tears from falling down and put the photo back inside her wallet. “I’ll be fine… just not today”. It would be a secret in HyoMi’s heart forever.

The phone rang making HyoMi gasp. She would have blamed the person that called her if it hadn’t been her sister.

“Unni…”, HyoMi suddenly stopped when she heard HyoSung sobbing, “Unni… what happened?”

“HyoMi ah… I’m fine… but HimChan…”, HyoSung’s throat was stuck with fright and worries. She waited in front of the operation room and kept walking around with her worries.

“Unni… Is HimChan oppa okay?”, HyoMi tried to calm her sister down but she was also panic hearing HyoSung crying.

HyoSung replied in tears, “He’s in the operation-theatre… HyoMi ah I’m so scared…”. HyoMi didn’t know what to say in order not to make both of them more anxious. “The… the doctor is out. I’ll ask him!”, HyoSung immediately hung up on the phone and even threw it on the chair as she didn’t even have enough calm to care about it then ran to the doctor stepping out from the operation-theatre. “Doctor, how he is?”

“Don’t worry too much…”, the doctor opened his mask and smiled to HyoSung, “The most dangerous time is over. Thanks goodness that he is so healthy and the knife didn’t stab too deep inside. I’m sure he’ll fully recover after several days…”

HyoSung sat down next to the bed that HimChan was lying in. He looked so peaceful, like an angel. Finally, HyoSung could breathe of relief. But still, she couldn’t stand looking at him like this. Everything happened because of her.  How could she have been so rude to him all the time just to chase him away whilst he even wanted to sacrifice his life for her? HyoSung facepalmed herself and ruffled her hair then stared at HimChan again hoping he would open his eyes and smile to her.

“Channie ah…”, HyoSung said with her shaking voice because of crying. She reached out to touch his arm and shook it. “WAKE UP!”. HimChan stayed with no reply, sleeping deeply with his steady breath.

“Channie… I’m really sorry. Please wake up soon and tell me what you wanted to. PLEASE! I swear that I’ve never wanted to hear your voice this much… and then I realized that I never wanted you. I just wanted you to want me…”, HyoSung continued with her one-way conversation with the hope that it would wake him up soon.

It was very late at night or we can say that it was a bit early in the morning, HyoSung was still whimpering while waiting for HimChan to wake up. HyoSung didn’t have the thought of sleeping but her eyes weren’t able to open any longer. She had to take a short nap.

HyoSung swore it was just an extremely short nap, about half or an hour. But when she picked her head up, the sun was really high outside and the bed, it was empty. HyoSung gasped, “Where is HimChan?”. Her gasp made the coat that HimChan put over her shoulders fall down. HyoSung picked it up and sighed of relief to know that he was awake already.

“Hey…”, HimChan had just walked around the floor and came back to his room.

HyoSung beamed brightly when she saw him. “How are you?”

“Extremely good. Like nothing happened!”, HimChan gently closed the door and went back to his bed. Good? He looked like a pale zombie inside the patient clothes. No one would call him ulzzang like often.

HyoSung took a look at him from top to toe and shook her head. This patient really needed to be taken good care of by her. “Is it hurt?”, HyoSung asked with her light caring voice.

HimChan grinned and shook his head. Of course it was hurt.

“You babo!”, HyoSung started her blaming on him, “Why did you do that? What if you lost your life?”, HyoSung sulky hit his tummy.

“ARHHHHHHH!”, HimChan shouted out and held his painful tummy.

“Oh my gosh I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to hit there!”, HyoSung was panic again and helped HimChan to get down on the bed. The situation went well. When HyoSung leaned down to help him lying down, HimChan pulled her over in order to get her closer.

“It’s really hurt but it’s worth… Because I love you more than anything else in this World, even my life…”, HimChan kept HyoSung closer and closer to him until their lips as well as their chests touched.

At first, HimChan was a bit surprised when HyoSung didn’t struggle out but then he didn’t have time to care about that. He was so busy enjoying their passionate kiss. The pain from the wound couldn’t interrupt him either. HimChan felt nothing but the sweet from HyoSung’s plum lips and the big size of her s. HyoSung put her hands on his tense abs in order not to press too hard on his injured tummy.

“Ehem…”, they both gasped when the doctor walked in, “Well… I can see that this patient is extremely good now!”. HyoSung immediately stood up and looked away sheepishly.

“Mr. Kim…”, the doctor continued after hiding hardly his giggle, “We always ask the other patients to stay. But Ms. Jeon has a private doctor to take care of you so I decide to let you go home…”

HimChan nodded awkwardly and smiled at HyoSung’s cute and shy reaction.

 

==

 

HimChan and HyoSung stepped into the elevator and pressed the ground button.

“I don’t want to go home!”, HimChan pulled HyoSung’s arms to get her closer, again.

“What… what?”, HyoSung sheepishly avoided his hypnotic eyes and pushed him off.

“Let’s go somewhere and finish our date!”, HimChan winked and pulled her over.

HyoSung’s arms touched his abs again. “But you need to take a rest…”, she could feel the scar in HimChan’s tummy through the thin shirt he was wearing. “Moreover, I don’t want other people to see my boyfriend looking like a walking dead”

“Wait a minute, did you just call me your ‘boyfriend’? ”, HimChan lifted HyoSung’s chin up to look deeply into her beautiful eyes.

“No! You heard it wrong, Channie…”, HyoSung shook her head.

“Ooooh… Channie? I like it…”, HimChan leaned down and tended to kiss her.

HyoSung turned away and walked out of the elevator as they reached the ground. “Anyway, we can’t go on a date today…”

“I can wait. You owe me my life now!”, HimChan followed her.

“I know… Sometimes, sorry isn’t just enough. I will repay generously…”, HyoSung leaned up a bit to whisper to him. HimChan beamed with satisfaction then pulled her out of the hospital.