Chapter 14

The secret in my heart

YongGuk got up because he couldn’t stand the hunger anymore. Finally, he found some reasons to get out of his warm bed, the only warm thing left in the house as his mother and grandmother were in Ijak Island. The house was so silent and empty without that girl. YongGuk didn’t even bother to turn the lights on. If someone stepped in the house at that time, they must have thought that the house was haunted or abandoned.

Cooking alone, having dinner alone, being alone in this merry day was such a big punishment to YongGuk. He smirked at himself while stuffing the whole bread into his mouth, “You deserve to be like this, YongGuk… Santa Claus is too generous to let you be with her for fifteen years. Now he takes her back!”

 

==

 

“HyoMi ah… I have this present for you. I hope you’ll like it!”, Zelo’s mother tenderly sat down and gave HyoMi an envelope with a cute little ribbon on it. HyoMi took it and opened it.

“Wow…”, HyoMi uttered as she felt so surprise and happy at the same time, “Ticket to Paris?”. HyoMi looked at Zelo’s mother with her eyes soaked by her happiness. “Auntie! It’s my dream city!”

“I know…”, Zelo’s mother looked at HyoMi gently, “It’s so hard for you to forget the past and move on here. You need to change your living environment and I know Paris is the best place for you to do that”

“Auntie…”, HyoMi felt so grateful towards her aunt’s love for her.  “But I can’t go alone…”

“Of course you won’t go alone! All of us will move there to live with you. Our family will move to Paris!”, Zelo’s father added.

“We planned about this. You’ll go first with aunt and uncle. I’ll stay here until this house is sold and will fly to Paris later…”, HyoSung put her arm around HyoMi’s shoulders and squeezed her.

“You stay here alone?”, HyoMi was afraid to be apart from her sister again, “I don’t want to be there without you…”

HyoSung pinched her sister’s cheeks slightly, “Just a month, dear! I’ll stay only for one month!”

“Don’t worry! I’ll take care of Sungie”, HimChan also put his arm around HyoSung’s shoulders but she shrugged it away and stared at him.

“HimChan-sshi, please take good care of my niece!”, Zelo’s mother winked to HimChan.

“Mom! Where is my Christmas present?”, Zelo coddled to his parents and asked for his gifts.

“It’s under the Christmas tree! Go and get yours!”, Zelo’s father rubbed Zelo’s head.

HimChan watched Zelo walking towards the Christmas tree and also remembered, “Ah HyoMi! I also got a present for you!”. HimChan followed Zelo and picked up one in a dozen of boxes there. “Here!”

“What’s that oppa?”, HyoMi received the present from HimChan. “Oh! A hoodie!”, she screamed out after opening it.

HyoMi stretched the hoodie to take a look at it and said thanks to HimChan. Staring at the hoodie, HyoMi remembered about something and she had to do it right away.

 

==

 

YongGuk stretched after packing another box. Luckily, it was the last box. Now everything in the house was done packing. As he wanted to blame on Santa Claus for making him like this, YongGuk talked to himself again, “Santa, why don’t you help me to pack those things? It’s so tiring! Even though I’m not young enough to get presents from you but… Can I just get one last nice present?”. YongGuk wiped the sweat and decided to take a bath before going back to his warm and lovely bed.

HyoMi took out the key and inserted it to open the door. The first feeling HyoMi had as she stepped inside the house was panic. The house was totally empty and dark. HyoMi stopped for a minute to ask herself whether this was really the house she used to live for fifteen years. After a while, HyoMi’s eyes were able to get used to with the dark and her legs walked towards YongGuk’s room.

The lights in the room were all but he wasn’t inside. Where could he be? HyoMi closed the door in silence and turned around to look for him in another room.

“Ouch!”, HyoMi carelessly bumped into something. It was soft and warm. She could feel that clearly as her arms were both put on it. And “it” was hugging her too.

YongGuk’s body was all stiff. Was it real or just his fantasy? Was that the real HyoMi standing in front of him? YongGuk couldn’t say or do anything because he was busy thinking in his mind or thanking Santa for giving him the last super wonderful present.

“Op… Oppa!”, HyoMi was so embarrassed to look straight into YongGuk’s face. He had just stepped out from the bathroom with only the towel on his lower body and she bumped into his abs.

“What are you… doing here?”, YongGuk slowly let go of HyoMi. He guessed he was absolutely calm enough to do that.

“Merry Christmas…”, HyoMi quickly put a box of present into YongGuk’s arms and dashed out to the door. This accident reminded her of something and it stopped her so she turned her back around. “Oppa… Did you really change my clothes those times when I was unconscious?”

YongGuk awkwardly nodded but he also felt a bit happy inside, “You still call me ‘oppa’…”

“YOU ERT!”, HyoMi ran back and hit him continuously, “How dare you to take my clothes off while you’re not even my real brother?”

YongGuk hugged her tight to stop her from hitting more, “Aren’t you curious how I could do that without any embarrassment?”

HyoMi struggled out of his lap but just a few minutes later, when she heard his confession that she couldn’t even move, “Because I’ve never loved you as just a sister. I love you much more than that, as a girl!”

HyoMi dropped herself into his lap and cried out loud like a kid. The truth was getting more and more painful.

“I hate you…”, HyoMi pushed YongGuk off and stared at him with her tearful eyes. Could YongGuk realize that it was a lie?

“I’m sorry…”, YongGuk fell down on the floor and shook with the cold. No, he couldn’t realize that it was a lie.

HyoMi wanted to blame him more. However, she didn’t want him to get sick. “Go change the clothes and I’ll talk to you…”

 

 ==

 

“Thank you so much…”, YongGuk wore the hand-knit jumper that HyoMi made for him as the Christmas present. “It’s so warm…”

“Sit down!”, HyoMi madly told him as she was sitting on his bed and put his blanket around her cold body.

“What should I give you in return?”, YongGuk sat down on the other side of the bed.

“Stay away from my life! That’s the biggest gift ever that you can give me…”, HyoMi wrapped the blanket more closely. Why she felt so cold all of a sudden?

“You’ve never been this rude to me before… You’re really scolding me!”, YongGuk moved a bit closer to HyoMi.

“Yes, I’m scolding you. Because I hate you very much! I don’t know if I should call this thing inside my chest a heart. It’s now just a combination of many small broken pieces! Thanks to you!”, HyoMi sobbed hard and without her allowance, tears kept running down again.

“You’ll never see me again. I promise!”, YongGuk stood up and got the car’s key. “I’ll take you home!”

They didn’t say anything to each other during the drive. The silence gave them a chance to hear the cold breezes blowing through the windows and two bleeding hearts crying in pain. When YongGuk stopped the car in front of HyoMi’s house, she said to him one last brief thing, “I’ll move to Paris, forever…” and disappeared into her house.

HyoMi watched YongGuk driving away under the cold winter snow. “Oppa, I’m sorry to be this stubborn. If I say that I also love you, it’ll be too easy for you. I can’t forgive you because if I forgive you, I’ll forget you. And I don’t want to forget you… The person who makes you happiest is the person who can hurt you the most… Both of us can’t be together without breaking each other into pieces. Please forget me and move on. Hope you’ll find a better girl. This love will be the secret in my heart…”

YongGuk bit his point finger to stop himself from crying. It was midnight, the time Santa went around to send presents for children. Hadn’t he just delivered a big gift back to HyoSung? But what Santa received was the joy and happiness while what he received was depression and pain. It wasn’t fair at all. From now on, he had to learn how to live without his HyunAe. “I don’t care whatever name she calls you… You’ll be my HyunAe forever!”

 

 

-------------------------

To complete the plot, I need more random characters so in many next chapters, you may see some other K-idols. Don't be surprised okay? ;)

hasnida YoungJae and DaeHyun did a good job in making HyunAe realize how much she loves YongGuk :) And yeah, YongGuk he'll be sad and lonely for a long time.

eternal Sometimes when you like someone doesn't mean you will keep them for yourself right?

love-action It's okay! ^^ I'm glad that you left a long comment :) I'm so sorry that both of your hopes (forgiving and telling feelings) couldn't happen :(

The other readers and subcribbers, please feel free to leave comments!

I need your comment to know your reaction about my story so I can improve it. Thank you!