Chapter 22

The secret in my heart

YongGuk turned off the alarm clock after he let go of HyoMi. She hadn’t changed much though, still that cute yawning and stretching, like a little kitten. Sitting up immediately, she accused him, “You hug me to sleep all night!”

“I did? Did I?”, YongGuk fooled around and uttered an excuse, “Oh I must have thought you were a pillow… I mean, why are you so soft…”. Clearing his voice, he dashed into the bathroom right away to hide his extremely happy face.

“Do you want to go to work with me?”, YongGuk’s wink made HyoMi’s heart skipped a beat and his suggestion was something irresistible. Five years ago, he used to take her to the houses he worked for on weekends. They worked together and enjoyed the fun moments together. Now again, he offered her an invitation to go to his workplace. Was it still the same with the old days?

First of all, HyoMi realized her boy wasn’t driving that old truck anymore. Instead, he owned an expensive and luxury car. She started feeling curious about what he was doing. Definitely wasn’t a normal garderner anymore. YongGuk put his shades on and purred the engine. Even though none of them and even the car weren’t the same as five years ago, they both had the same feelings. HyoMi couldn’t help being inquisitive where he was taking her to and what his work was but YongGuk kept denying giving her a clue. “Just wait. You’ll know when you come”, he calmly replied, which made his girl sulkily pouted and crossed her hands.

Giggling at her adorable reaction, he missed when she was a little girl, doing the same, but always in hoodie. Now she grew up, much prettier and far more mature than she used to. Still, that HyunAe had never gone away from his heart.

YongGuk took a turn and HyoMi realized this street. “Oh… HimChan oppa’s company…”

“Right!”, he nodded with a beam, “We work together, own the same company…”

“Oohwah… Oppa! You’re an executive now?”, HyoMi took off the seatbelt and got out of the car.

“You can say so…”, YongGuk answered, coolly with his sunglasses, a dark jeans and a black shirt. Watching him walking towards the elevator, HyoMi smiled proudly to herself, “Ah… my oppa always looks so swag…”

“Hurry up!”, he waved to her inside the elvator and she quickly dashed to him.

“But HimChan oppa… he had never told me…”, HyoMi wondered. As she moved to Paris to avoid YongGuk and everything related to him, of course HimChan wasn’t a fool to tell her any information about him. After she had gone, they met each other quite often then one day, they came up with an idea setting up a company together. Whenever HimChan took a flight to Paris with HyoSung, the whole work would be left for YongGuk. It seemed unfair though. HimChan told everything about HyoMi for YongGuk but she had never heard anything from him.

“I force him to keep that secret…”, YongGuk looked at her tenderly, “As it’s unlikely that you will want to know about me…”

“Oppa…”, HyoMi held his hand, “I’m sorry… I was very stubborn. I’m not mad at you anymore! I forgave you totally!”, she hugged him and apologized again. “I shouldn’t have made you pay for that. Five years was a very long time and I really miss you. How ridiculous it is when I also feel hurt like you…”

“Gwaenchana… You forgave me. That’s enough!”, YongGuk pulled her out when the elevator reached his working floor. Before getting out of it, he leaned down to leave a peck on HyoMi’s cheek and slurred to her, “I don’t care if you’re mad at me or hate me, I still love you always…”

HyoMi blushed hard and slowly walked follow him. She took that ‘I love you’ as the love from a brother to a sister. That was enough though. He was going to married now. No, she couldn’t do this to any of them. “Hold in HyoMi… Hold in… You can’t confess to him! You can’t let him know that you love him not as just a brother…”

It wasn’t fun at all working at the office. HyoMi realized that as she spent hours waiting for him to finish his meeting. The only thing that helped her to forget about the time was to look at her successful lover working. Especially when he made a speech in front of his employees, he looked like a king speaking to his people. HyoMi kept giggling imagining about that. Being busy explained careful about his project, little did he know that her eyes were set on him all the time. In between the meeting, SunHwa interrupted him several times because there were calls from other business partners and companies, but he ignored all, except for once, when SunHwa mentioned “JiEun!” after she had knocked on the door.

YongGuk went to the balcony to receive the call. “Wife-to-be JiEun is calling husband-to-be YongGuk while he is working. How sweet! She must be worried that her husband is working too much. Or they might be discussing something about the Wedding…”, HyoMi thought  while looking down at the floor, losing all of her confidence.

When she picked her head up, she saw YongGuk flashed a very bright smile before hanging up on the phone and said something like, “Talk to you later honey! Love you!”. With those thoughts in mind, HyoMi went crazily jealous. But what was the point? It was all her fault for losing him.

Later, when the meeting was done, he went back to his office and started demanding his little girl, “Ah… I’m so hungry. If only someone made bibimbap for me…”

“Why don’t you ask your wife to do that?”, HyoMi madly answered, totally forgot that she had to ask like nothing happened.

“What do you mean? WIFEU?”, YongGuk scratched his head, asking himself what was she talking about.

“Your wife, JiEun unni! Why don’t you just call her?”, HyoMi grumpily yelled with no reason. She was just pissed off.

YongGuk knitted his eyebrows thinking, “She thinks I’m with JiEun…”, then mocked her, “But you’re my maid now! If you won’t do that, I won’t give you the salary!”.

HyoMi gasped. He was right though. She was working as a maid at his house. Of course, she had to do that. And if he wouldn’t give her the salary, how could she live? At the moment she had decided to live on her own, she prepared herself for working hard in order not to live based on HyoSung and Zelo’s parents.

“Allright…”, she didn’t find any words to fight back because he was so right. Then hurriedly, HyoMi went home to cook lunch for him.

She entered the code on the security system on the door. The code matched and she slid in. HyoMi was so surprised when she heard the sound of the water running in the bathroom. Immediately, she dashed to it. It must have been her carelessness. She took a bath earlier this morning and forgot to close the shower tap.

HyoMi startled when she saw a y lady taking a shower. That girl was startled too. She awkwardly covered her body as HyoMi was staring at her. Sheepishly, HyoMi got out of the bathroom and shook her head.

The girl was very beautiful and y, with all those curves and chubby body parts. HyoMi guessed many men had asked to be with her. But… what the hell was she doing in YongGuk’s flat? And she wasn’t a stranger at all, or else how could she be using the house like… it was hers? Plus, she had to get the code to get in and it meant she knew YongGuk!

Waiting for that girl to wear clothes, HyoMi asked her a dozen of questions. The lady answered all while drying her hair.

“Who are you?”, the first question that HyoMi asked.

“I’m the girlfriend of this flat’s owner!”, she answered, like a matter of fact.

“WHAT?”, HyoMi shocked, “What… what’s your name?”. She could feel her heart beating fast already.

“Zinger!”, the lady replied, “And you are…?”. She asked in return.

“HyoMi… I work here as a maid…”, she slurred in . It sounded not good at all introducing herself like that. However, she didn’t have other choice.

“Oh…”, Zinger turned off the hair-dryer, put it back to the wardrobe.

“How long… have you been dating?”, HyoMi asked tentatively. Clenching her fists, she prayed that she wouldn’t receive the replies that she didn’t want to hear.

“Very long… We’re going to get married!”, HyoMi’s eyes and mouth were opened widely. What was happening?


First, she saw JiEun and YongGuk going out to prepare for their Wedding. Now another girl appeared in his flat and said that they were going to get married.

And YongGuk, the guy we’re mentioning about, was the love of her life.

What will happen next?

 

=================================

Cliffhanger! :P Thanks for your comments. Please do comment a lot. I really love reading your comments.

The comments help me to have motivation to update more :)

eternal I love both him and his character haha XDD

midst_lhady22 Thank you! thank you! And... OMG Your heart melted? Are you alive? Please stay alive and read more! XDDD

-Serenity Thanks! "when will they be together for real?" | YongGuk: soon | HyoMi: no comment :)))))