Chapter 2

The secret in my heart

“HyunAe ah, do you want to go to work with me today?”, YongGuk tenderly woke HyunAe up with a slight kiss on her cheek.

HyunAe yawned and stretched while YongGuk smiled at her cuteness. She was always like a little kitten to him. “Hurry up if you want to go with me!”

Of course HyunAe had to get up right away because she was dying to see that big house. “Oppa I’m ready!”, HyunAe said as she stepped in the truck from the passenger side.

“Let’s go now…”, YongGuk inserted the key and started the engine.

“Can I turn on the music oppa? Something loud and fast like often?”, HyunAe waited for YongGuk nod and turned the music on. Just like those last times, they hummed to the music and talked happily.

 When YongGuk turned to a smaller road, HyunAe could see a big house hidden behind the big trees.

“Wow… it’s really big!”, HyunAe screamed out right after she saw a part of the house. YongGuk ce more and they both could see the front gate.

“You planted those flowers there? It’s so pretty oppa!”, HyunAe hurriedly took off the seatbelt and jumped down from the truck as YongGuk stopped it.

As HyunAe was going to run towards the front gate and take a look, YongGuk held her hand to stop her. “Today we’ll work with the back lawn first!”

 

==

 

“Mr. Kim, please! You know my mistress doesn’t like being interrupted in the morning”, the butler tried his best to stop HimChan from storming into HyoSung’s room. “Especially after a long trip but found nothing…”

“So what do you want me to do? Just let her lie there all day? I have to take her out of her own depression!”, HimChan pushed the butler off and opened HyoSung’s door.

“Mr. Kim….!”, hearing the butler’s voice, HyoSung knew immediately that the annoying HimChan had just stormed in her room, again. She couldn’t even count how many times he had done that.

“Jeon HyoSung!”, HimChan shouted at the girl who was sleeping in her bed with a blanket rolled around which made her look like a worm laying inside its cocoon. HyoSung didn’t reply him. She pretended that she was still sleeping soundly.

HimChan saw an empty box of tissue next to the bed and understood what had happened, “Yah did you cry yourself to sleep last night? I told you a hundred times that if you feel sad just call me!”. Still, HimChan didn’t receive any replies from her.

“It’s unbelievable that the owner of a big fortune like this can be that selfish. You were afraid of losing money for phone credit so you didn’t call me right?”, HimChan teased HyoSung to wake her up then he leaned his body down a bit to check if she was really sleeping. HyoSung laid there like a dead body so he pouted and walked away.

HyoSung suddenly sat up, snatched out the blanket and crossed her arms, “Dare to call me ‘selfish’? You’re dead Kim HimChan”. Dashing out from the bed, HyoSung jumped on HimChan’s back as he was walking out her room, “YAH KIM HIM CHAN! WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?”

Just at the moment HyoSung got on HimChan’s back, he hooked his arms around her calves and didn’t let her get down. “So you’re awake already?”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA let go of me!”, HyoSung kicked and smacked HimChan’s back continuosly.

“YAH! You’re the one who jumps on my back!”, HimChan grabbed her calves tighter.

“PUT ME DOWN OKAY?”, HyoSung continued hitting his back.

“I’ll put you down if you agree to go to the coffee shop with me now!”, HimChan finally got his chance to force her to go away from the house.

“NO WAY!”, HyoSung tried to kick and get out of his back again.

“Okay then…”, HimChan kept her in his back and started walking to the stairs.

“YAH YAH YAH WHERE ARE YOU GOING?”, HyoSung screamed out and used her strength to stop him from moving.

“I’m taking you to the coffee shop!”, HimChan replied like it was a matter of fact.

“But I’m wearing pyjama! At least you have to let me change my clothes first!”, HyoSung shouted into HimChan’s ear but he didn’t care. HyoSung agreed to go with him anyway.

“Finally…”, HimChan smirked and let HyoSung down.

 

==

 

“This is the last pot oppa!”, HyunAe put the pot of flower down and wiped her sweat. Bringing those pots from the truck to the back lawn wasn’t a small deal at all.

“Just take a rest!”, YongGuk stopped to look at her and then continued cutting. HyunAe walked around the garden to take a look at the house, “What a big house…”

HyunAe stood at the window and leaned up to look inside. The furniture of the house was so fabulous. They were all expensive and beautiful. “The owner of this house must be very rich…”, HyunAe thought.

“Hey little girl!”, the butler called HyunAe from the balcony.

“…. Me?”, HyunAe pointed at herself.

“Yes you! You’re the gardener’s sister right?”, the butler walked towards her.

“Ne…”, HyunAe bowed to the old butler respectfully.

“My Mistress really likes to have some vases of flowers on the tables. Can you arrange some?”, the butler asked HyunAe politely.

“Yes I can!”, HyunAe nodded with a big smile. That meant she could go inside the house.

“That’s good! Please do it now as my Mistress has just gone out for breakfast, she’ll be back pretty soon!”, the butler signaled to tell HyunAe to follow him.

HyunAe picked some flowers in the garden and brought them inside. This was the very first time HyunAe came here but somehow she felt it so familiar, like she had stayed here before. As soon as the butler brought out the vases, HyunAe concentrated on arranging the flowers. Sometimes she stopped to take a peep around. Because the butler told her to arrange the flowers with any style so she made it with the style she liked. After finishing, HyunAe put those vases on the tables’ face. When she entered the big room in the middle of the house, HyunAe saw a family picture of the owner. There were four people: a man, a woman and two little girls. They looked so happy in that picture. HyunAe wondered where they were as she didn’t see anyone in the house.

“HyunAe!”, YongGuk rushed into the house to find her, “Mom called!”. YongGuk told HyunAe with an anxious face then he had to stop to take a breath.

“What happened oppa? Why are you so worried?”, HyunAe hurriedly walked to him.

“Grandma is sick… Mom has to go back to our hometown to take care of her…”, YongGuk tried to steady his breath. “You must go home and help Mom to pack things…”

“Omo… Is grandma okay?”, HyunAe held YongGuk’s hands.

“She’s fine… You should come home to help Mom…”, YongGuk finally could breath normally.

“I’ll catch the bus!”, HyunAe dashed out as soon as she finished the sentence.