Chapter 12

The secret in my heart

“HyunAe, catch my hand!”, YongGuk gave out his hand and tried to reach HyoMi. She was holding on a rock in order not to fall down to the deep abyss.

“Hurry up and catch my hand!”, YongGuk gave out his hand again and leaned down as much as he could. HyoMi couldn’t hold onto the rock anymore but something stopped her from taking YongGuk’s hand.

“HyunAe, don’t let go! I won’t let you go…”, YongGuk tried his best to reach HyoMi but she was still too far from him.

HyoMi shook her head and stared at YongGuk with an angry look, “Goodbye oppa…” and let go of the rock.

“NOOOO…”, YongGuk screamed out and looked at her falling into the dark. “HYUNAE!”, YongGuk got up and realized it was a dream since he was sleeping in his own bed. Another bad dream visited him.

“aaaaaaaaaaaaaa”, HyoMi also screamed out. Her own scream woke her up from the dream. “Am I dead?”, HyoMi touched her face and felt the cold from her arms.

“HyoMi… are you okay?”, HyoSung was also woken up by her scream. Since they came back home, HyoMi had had nightmares everynight. HyoSung couldn’t be comfortable because of her worry about HyoMi so she slept with her.

“Unni… I had a bad dream…”, HyoMi started sobbing, “I saw him again…”

HyoSung hugged HyoMi into her lap, “It’s okay… I’m here with you…”. HyoMi cried herself to sleep in he sister’s lap.

 

==

 

“What should I do? She has nightmare everynight and none of us can really sleep. Now both of us have panda’s eyes…”, HyoSung spoke softly to the phone as HyoMi was still sleeping while she looked worriedly into the mirror.

“She took sleep pills but it still didn’t work? HyoMi must be very shock…”, HimChan sighed because he also didn’t know what to do.

“Is that a girl’s voice?”, HyoSung suddenly changed the topic when she heard someone’s voice on the phone.

“Ah yeah… I’m having breakfast with a co-businesswoman…”, HimChan answered straightly since he didn’t do anything wrong to hide.

“I hate that…”, HyoSung mumbled to herself, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Oh… Are you upset with that? Well… I’ll tell you next time if I have an appointment with a woman…”, HimChan was a bit surprised. He didn’t think that HyoSung would care about it.

“Remember that! It’s a MUST!”, HyoSung angrily hang up on the phone and then gasped herself, “Wait a minute… What am I doing? Am I jealous?”

 

==

 

HyoMi reached out to take her handphone on the bedside cupboard. It was a white smartphone that she received from HyoSung as the first gift ever since they found each other. HyoMi picked her head up and read the name on the screen while cursing on that person for waking her up, “Jung DaeHyun”

“Did you hang out with YoungJae last night?”, DaeHyun interrogated one of the two friends of him that sneaked out to have a date last night without his notice.

“Erm…”, HyoMi stuttered and put the phone away to talk to herself, “… How could he find out?”

“Well… yeah… we was about to call you but then…”, HyoMi tried to find a reasonable reason but it seemed that nothing could hide the truth.

“HA! I knew it…”, DaeHyun madly crossed his arms and yelled to the phone, “You’re dating, aren’t you?”

“NO WE’RE NOT!”, HyunAe yelled back to deny DaeHyun’s wrong statement.

“Then what? Why did you guys hang out alone… WITHOUT ME!”, DaeHyun emphasized the words to point out their fault for letting him home alone.

“I’ll tell you later, okay? I don’t feel well now…”, HyunAe didn’t want to talk about what happened the night before when she had been hanging out with YoungJae.

“Okay… Tonight at the mall! Milk tea and cheesecake like often…”, DaeHyun hung up on the phone.

HyoMi threw the phone on the bed and walked to the window. It was snowing outside and the whole garden was covered by snow. Somehow she saw a guy working there with his back against her, a familiar figure. HyoMi missed the times when she worked with him and even though they were both tired, they still looked at each other and smiled. She missed his bright gummy smile. “You’re such a bad brother…”, HyoMi walked away hurriedly. Perhaps if she stood there any longer, she would burst into tears.

“Unni!”, HyoMi hugged her sister from behind as HyoSung was looking out at the window, “Are you waiting for HimChan oppa?”

“Ani…”, HyoSung gasped with HyunAe’s question because it was right somehow. “But since when did you start calling him “oppa”? He’s not your brother!”

“Since he started coming to our house like every day and you hang out with him, go to cinema, dating…” HyoMi lifted up her fingers and counted them. “… and being your boyfriend…”

“What? My boyfriend? You…”, Hyosung was cut off by the horn of a car stopping right in front of their house.

“Aww your boyfriend came!”, HyoMi immediately went downstairs to welcome her brother-in-law-to-be. She ran as fast as possibly to whisper to him before HyoSung could catch up.

When HyoSung stepped down from the last stair, she saw HyoMi talking something to HimChan and he nodded. What were they up to?

“Sungie…”, HimChan flashed a super bright smile when he saw the girl he loved.

“What are you doing here?”, HyoSung made the face like she didn’t care about his presence.

“Let’s go!”, HimChan grabbed HyoSung’s wrist and dragged her to the door.

“Wait… where are we going?”, HyoSung snatched her hand back but still couldn’t get rid of HimChan.

“My mother is waiting for you at the spa…”, HimChan smirked then grabbed her hands again. “I have to borrow your sister for a while, HyoMi…”, HimChan put up two fingers and saluted to HyoMi.

“It’s okay oppa! Just keep her as long as you want”, HyoMi waved to them as HimChan dragged HyoSung into his car and drove away.

“KIM HIM CHAN!”, HyoSung hit his shoulder from the passenger side continuously, “Where are you taking me to?”

“You said your beauty was getting worse because of the worries. So my mother invited you to my family’s spa…”, HimChan kept HyoSung’s hands with his palm in order not to let her hit him again.

“Then we can bring HyoMi with us…”, HyoSung took back her hands and crossed it under her chest sulky.

“I asked her but she said she would go out with her friends”, HimChan said as if he had been her real brother, “She’s old enough to make her own decision. Don’t keep her by your side every minute like that!”

“Are you giving me advice about how to take care of my sister?”, HyoSung raised her voice and glanced at HimChan and then she realized something. “You’re trying to show me that you can be a good brother, aren’t you?”

“Well…”, HimChan pretended to look at the road to avoid HyoSung’s questioning look. What else could he say? She was so right. “I want to take care of not only you but also your sister, okay?”, HimChan blushed a bit but then he shrugged that away. It was time for him to express his love.

“Tomorrow is Christmas…”, HyoSung told HimChan but softly because she was too shy to say it out loud.

“Uhuh?”, HimChan waited for HyoSung to say what she wanted.

“We are going to have a family dinner at my house. Zelo’s parents will also come… Please come and have dinner, HimChan-sshi…”, HyoSung politely invited him and her face went red.

HimChan smiled sheepishly and held her hands, “Why are you still shy? Aren’t we close enough?”, then he pulled HyoSung over so she leaned on his shoulder. “Is this close enough?”

HyoSung got up right away and tried to get herself safely on the other side of the car with a big awkwardness stuck in . That’s why she couldn’t say anything.

When the car stopped at a traffic light, HimChan beamed with satisfaction then leaned over to whisper, “Of course I’ll come to meet your family and show them how much I love you…”

 

-------------------------

CookieManiac Awww don't cry :(

hasnida Of course I can't write an unclear plot ^o^ Enjoy what is happening next!