Chapter 23

The secret in my heart

YongGuk pressed the code, imagining that when he got in, he would silently approach HyoMi from behind, grab her waist to surprise her while she was making bibimbap for him. He couldn’t stop himself enjoying the excitement of the mere thought of that. How happy they would be!

Pushing the door, he could feel a strange frisson of anger spreading out from inside. HyoMi was there, waited for him and ready to blame him. His eyes enlarged seeing another girl sitting on the couch. Who was that girl?

“Oppa!”, HyoMi yelled out, her face was extremely serious. “Can’t believe you’re doing this! I’m trying my best not to ruin the relationship between you and JiEun unni, but you’re ruining it yourself! You can hurt me, you can lie to me. But why are you doing this to her? JiEun unni, she doesn’t deserve to receive this infidelity from you!”

HyoMi shouted loudly all of the anger and madness she had hidden inside. As she had to hide her true feelings for so long, it was time for her to let everything out. Plus, she was totally pissed off when she sacrificed her love to let him and JiEun be happy together, but he himself broke that. Throwing all the sulky words to him, she blamed him for breaking both her heart and JiEun’s.

“That’s it! I’m telling her! JiEun unni needs to know the truth!”,then without waiting for his reaction, she just ran out of the flat.

“HyunAe ah!”, YongGuk called out for her but he was too surprised, too dumbfounded to know what happened. Thus, he also didn’t know what to do. “What… what’s the truth?”, he wondered himself why shuffling his hair. What was wrong with her?

Turning back to the strange girl, he asked, “Who are you?”

“I’m the flat’s owner’s girlfriend!”, Zinger shrugged her shoulders. She also didn’t know what happened to HyoMi.

“Ah… you…”, YongGuk recognized her, “Your boyfriend, he sold this flat to me!”. Thanks to YongGuk’s explaination, Zinger could understand a bit.

“But… I thought you wouldn’t move here until next month!”, Zinger knitted her eyebrows, feeling a bit lost in between the story.

“I was about to but then there were some problems. It was because of that girl who had just run through the door. I had to find a place for her to live!”, YongGuk dropped himself down on the couch opposite to Zinger.

“That girl… I think she misunderstands something…”, Zinger awkwardly declared to YongGuk as it was her fault making HyoMi angry at him, “I told her that I was the flat’s owner’s girlfriend. She must have thought I’m your girlfriend!”

YongGuk shook his head, “Don’t worry it’s not your fault! She is always like that! Being stubborn and cheeky, never find out the truth before blaming someone. That’s her!”. Just suddenly, he smiled to himself sheepishly, “Gosh… I love that silly girl…”

“Then why didn’t you chase after her? Just by the look, I can tell that she loves you and you love her more than that!”, Zinger giggled at the boy-in-love in front of her.

Her statement startled him. He had never let a single expression out that how much he thought about HyoMi and loved her. But a stranger like Zinger, meeting him the first time could tell easily that he was totally into HyoMi. “Is it that evident?”, he stuttered.

“Of course!”, Zinger burst to laugh, “You’d better find her before she does something stupid…”. With a sincere advice, Zinger encouraged the couple to find each other.

“Oh no she’ll be fine. She is dashing towards JiEun’s house for sure. Then I’ll come there and pick her up!... And, why are you here?”, YongGuk questioned back as the presence of Zinger was still something mysterious.

“Ah, my flight was delayed so I passed by to change my clothes. I thought there was no one until next month… And why you haven’t changed the code yet? If you had changed the code, this wouldn’t have happened!”, Zinger exclaimed then blamed him for being careless.

“We’ve just moved here yesterday so I haven’t had time to do it yet!”, YongGuk replied, leaning his back on the couch tiredly.

“Ah… Then can I stay here until midnight? My flight will be delayed until then so…”

“Of course, it’s okay! Please stay here and help me to clear this misunderstanding…”

 

==

 

HyoMi rang the bell and waited for JiEun to open it.

“Oh… HyoMi!”, JiEun uttered when she saw the little girl. It had been five years since they last met.

“Unni…”, HyoMi greeted her back and got in the house.

“I’m sorry for these messes but you know that I’m getting married so…”, JiEun tried to explain why her house was very messy and full of stuff. HyoMi just shook her head to deny being awkward with that. Then both of them exchanged some basic questions about how they had been in the last five years. Finally, HyoMi had to open .

“Unni… YongGuk oppa…”, she stuttered. Seeing JiEun so happy and excited, it was too rude for her to tell the truth but if she didn’t do that, JiEun would be much more painful.

Inhaled in a deep breath, HyoMi gathered all of her braveness and started, “Unni… there’s something I want to say…”

“Yeobu ah, I’m home!”, a male voice sang out as he was stepping inside the house.

“Ah… my husband is home!”, JiEun happily stood up and dashed to him. After giving him a hug and a peck on his cheek, she turned back and introduced to HyoMi, “HyoMi ah, this is my husband! And yeobu ah, this is HyoMi…”

“What? So JiEun unni wasn’t going to get married with YongGuk oppa? But but but…”

“Oh HyoMi?”, the man smiled at her after receving her bow as a greeting, “YongGuk’s sister right?”.

“Ah… used to!”, JiEun awkwardly fixed him as she knew HyoMi wouldn’t want to hear about that sad story of the past.

“So sorry… Since you moved, he’s been talking about you as a little sister so…”, JiEun’s husband apologized to her. Of course, everyone would think like that because YongGuk had never told them that HyoMi was much more than a sister to him.

“Gwaenchanayo…”, HyoMi showed him a smile to reveal that she was fine with it.

Not to disturb them anymore, she said goodbye and went away. Pensively walking along the street, HyoMi felt herself as sad as never. So, her oppa wasn’t going to get married with his bestfriend, but to another girl, Zinger. Well, that was still far better than if he was a bad boy. Suddenly, she breathed out in relief at the thought he wasn’t a bad boy at all.

However, he still belonged to someone else, still not her. YongGuk and Zinger must be having fun at home so it would be very awkward for her to come home. What’s more, she misunderstood the whole thing and blamed him for no reason. How could she come home and talk to him like nothing happened? Kept thinking about those things, she turned into another street without noticing two guys joking with each other, walking on the opposite direction towards her. When one of them looked up and saw her, he shouted out, “HyoMi!”

The other boy also called her name when he recognized the little girl walking towards.

“YoungJae, DaeHyun!”, HyoMi flashed a bright beam and ran towards them, gave them a big hug. “Oh I miss you two so much!”

“We miss you too! How are you?”, YoungJae squeezed his bestfriend inside his lap.

“I heard my wife report that you came to see us but then you didn’t leave anything to contact!”, DaeHyun blamed her for not leaving even a phone number or something.

“Ah… just forget about that! Now I’m very excited to see you guys again. Should we go somewhere?”, HyoMi suggested, patting her bestfriends’ shoulders.

“Sure… we’re heading to the club. Join us?”

How could she refuse such a big invitation? She was about to find somewhere to drink. Hopefully the wine would blow away her depression right now.

 

==

 

“Remember when we first came here?”, DaeHyun recalled the old memories and burst to laugh. They were sitting on the counter of the bar, drinking and chatting.

“Ah jinja… we were still kids then! HyoMi ah, you were wearing a hoodie and a thick jeans remember? You looked like a nerd at that time!”, YoungJae giggled and took a gulp of his glass.

“But I changed now! We all grew up!”, HyoMi hit YoungJae’s back to stop his mocking joke to her and drank up her glass in just a second.

“Jinja… tonight you’re wearing like a lady. A y lady!”, DaeHyun fooled around and received a slight punch from her. They felt a bit strange when she ordered another glass of wine.

“But you guys don’t care if your wives know? Yah, you two got married!”, HyoMi warned them for not to cross the line as they already had a family.

“That’s why we’re about to go home now… It’s late already…”, DaeHyun hesitantly looked at his wristwatch.

“C’mon let’s go! We’ll take you home first!”, YoungJae insisted as he still remembered what happened last time they came to the club and he didn’t want that to happen again to his friend. However, he didn’t want to remind her of that so he kept quiet or else he would warn her about that.

“It’s okay! I’ll go home later. I want to drink more. I’m not drunk yet…”, HyoMi waved to them and refused their offer for a lift.

YoungJae and DaeHyun padded out of the club but felt worried about leaving her alone in a place like this. They knew for sure that she would get drunk soon and who knows what problems she would cause. Moreover, when she was a kid, someone wanted to do bad things to her, now she was much older, of course the bad guys wouldn’t leave her alone. Tentatively, YoungJae made a phone call.

Just like what HyoMi’s friends were worried about, when she got drunk totally and fell on the counter, a playboy came and talked to her, asking if she would want to go somewhere quieter. He didn’t need to wait long, being inebriated, she agreed right away, leading herself into the danger.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

midst_lhady22 Another update for you ^^ Please enjoy!