Chapter 9

BitterSweet Love

20120902-155721.jpg

"But what.....?"

Donghae asked anxiously.

Part of him wanted to know what exactly happened to Minjung, but somehow, another part of him did not want to know the truth.

"I'm afraid she will not be able to walk for the time being..."

Dr Kim said finally before giving a small sigh.

"Not able to walk for the time being.....?"

Donghae repeated his words stupidly.

It seemed that he was having a hard time trying to get the news inside his head.

"I'm afraid yes. The fall she had hurts her spine badly..."

Dr Kim explained patiently.

"And how long does you refer to when you mentioned the time being...?"

Donghae probed after a while.

"I can't give you a definate answer, son. It might takes her half a year, a few years or even...."

He answered but decided not to add on upon seeing his depressed face.

"Is there....is there....a possiblity that she will be like this...for the rest of her life?"

Donghae bit his lips and asked in sutter.

He wanted to know the truth, but yet, he was afraid to learn the truth.

"What I can say is it's not going to be an easy recovery for her. I guess she needs a lot of care and support from you. We see how it goes, son. You may go and see her in a while..."

Dr Kim patted of his shoulder encouragingly before he excused himself.

***********************************************************

Donghae slumped down to the empty chair inside the ward.

His eyes never left her ever since he got in, and he wondered how she was going to react if she learned the truth later on.

She was only 22, and he himself could not imagine that she would have to be wheel-bound for the rest of her life.

What more did he expect from her?

He knew it very well when Dr Kim chose to avoid his question just now.

It was obvious her chances of recovery was slim.

Donghae looked at the door and stood up when someone came inside at this time.

"Dad..."

He muttered softly and avoided his intense glare at once.

His relationship with Yoona came to a light when he received the call from the kidnappers.

"Do you still regard me as your father? I did not remember bringing up my son to become someone like this..."

Mr Lee tried to curb back his flaring temper as he casted an angry look at his son.

"I...I told you...this marriage is not going to work...you were the one who wanted me to marry her...."

Donghae explained himself.

"Does this give you the right to have a relationship with another woman then? Did you ever try to give this marriage a chance? You were the one who make this marriage a total failure, Donghae! Everyone could see how hard Minjung is trying to be a good wife to you. But what about you?"

His father added on seriously.

"I can't live with someone whom I don't have any feeling for, Dad.."

Donghae insisted stubbornly.

"I can accept this reason if you had tried hard enough to make the whole thing work. But you don't have any right to talk about this now. Minjung is going to be your sole responsiblity from today onwards. I want you to end off everything with that woman!"

Mr Lee ordered.

"But Dad..."

Donghae tried to speak up but he was cut off rudely by his father.

"Donghae!!! You have no idea how much I have done before I managed to get your news covered from all the medias. How are we going to face the in-laws if they ever knew how you had been treating their daughter? Please do your part!!!"

The old Lee shook his head before he made his way out of the ward.

***********************************************************

Donghae jerked up from his sleep suddenly when he heard some murmurings.

"Please don't...don't do this do me....get away from me..."

He saw Minjung muttering in her sleep as she pulled her shirt anxiously.

She must be having a bad dream about those guys doing something bad to her.

"Shhh....everything is fine...you are safe now..."

He tried to calm her down and refraining from hurting herself.

"Run....Donghae...run....be...be happy with her...."

He heard her adding on before he noticed tears falling from her eyes in her sleep.

***********************************************************