Chapter 15

BitterSweet Love

tumblr_n7vb7f8Rbg1ssfrmqo1_500.jpg

 

It seemed to become a habit for Donghae to bring Minjung out almost every weekend gradually.

He loves seeing the look on her face whenever he brought her to somewhere she has never been before.

To him it was a gesture as simple as ABC, but to her, it meant something significant.

He could tell from the way she acted whenever they reached a new destination.

He loves to see how her eyes will brighten up at every new places he brought her to.

He loves the smiles plastered on her face whenever she found something interesting.

And he loves hearing her soft laughters whenever he did something silly in front of her.

And most importantly, he felt appreciated.

It was a feeling he never experienced with Yoona before.

Yoona was not a nature person, and to bring her to places out in the greens was something out of question.

She was a girl who prefers shopping for branded goods, dining in posh restaurants and watching musicals that he could hardly understand.

Not that he is complaining, but then, it still bored him out sometimes.

"Aww...why does sunset go off so quickly...?"

Donghae heard Minjung's complaining when the sky before them turned darker in a split second.

It was a beach evening for them this weekend.

"That's what make sunset beautiful..."

Donghae reasoned and got on his feet, patting his bottom to clear off the sand he was sitting on.

"It was lucky that I managed to snap a few pictures before it disappears.."

Minjung added on and looked at the photos she took just a few minutes ago with deep interest.

"Let's see what you've got there..."

Donghae bended down and moved himself closer to look at the photos in her camera.

Both were too engrossed in the newly taken photos to have realize that the distance between them was a little too close for comfort.

"That's a nice one..."

Minjung heard Donghae saying and turned her face sideway, and her lips brushed on his left cheek unexpectedly.

Her heart almost stopped beating at that very instant, and she nearly dropped the camera she was holding in her hands.

"Sorry...I...I wasn't looking...."

She stuttered.

Her face was so flushed up and she was glad that the sky had turned pitch dark by then.

"Erm...I guess it's time we make a move...."

Donghae moved away from her quickly and gave an awkward cough.

Unknown to her, Donghae too was blushing profusely over the unintentional kiss.

After walking down for about half an hour, Donghae needed to use the restroom.

"Wait for me here. Do not move."

Donghae repeated it several times to make sure she would obey as she has a history of wandering away from him when she found something interesting.

"Fine...fine...I will just stay put here.."

Minjung rolled her eyes at Donghae playfully, earning a gentle knock from him on her head before he ran to the restroom finally.

"Minjung..is that you...?"

She heard a man's voice while she was playing with her fingers.

Minjung frowned a little as she tried to recall the man who just addressed her.

He looked a little familiar, but she just could not remember who he was.

"Siwon oppa...?"

Her face finally broke into a huge grin the moment she recalled who he is.

He was her first playmate, her first best friend and her first soul mate before he migrated to Cananda with his family five years back.

"It's really you...sweetheart..."

The tall handsome man smiled charmingly as he addressed her by her nickname, the one he gave her when they first met. 

"Oppa...stop calling me that...I'm all grown up already..."

Minjung chuckled and blushed slightly over the nickname.

"Well...you will always be my sweetheart...I told you before...and why are you...what happened to you...?"

Siwon bended down and his forehead ceased with worry when he finally noticed her sitting on a wheelchair.

"Well....it's a long story oppa..."

Minjung was wondering where she should began when Donghae returned at this time.

Both men stared at each other before Minjung decided to break the awkward silence.

"Oh right...Donghae...meet Siwon oppa....."

Minjung introduced happily.

"And he is.....?"

Siwon probed before giving Donghae a hard stare.

Somehow, he did not have a very good feeling of this man standing in front of him.

And vice versus.

"He is Donghae...and he is my....my friend...."

Minjung explained quickly.

The relationship between them was not something to brag about, and she knew that Donghae wouldn't like her to be introduced as his wife either.

Minjung could see from the corner of her eyes that Donghae was giving her a hard glare.

"We have a lot of catching up to do, sweetheart..."

Siwon added on after a while.

Sweetheart...? Did he just call his wife sweetheart...? What is their relationship...?

Donghae fumed at the wrong use of his word and gave the man a harder stare.

"We need to leave now..."

Donghae replied curtly and was about to wheel Minjung away before Siwon stopped them.

"This is my contact....you need to call me soon sweetheart..."

Siwon ignored Donghae totally and shoved his namecard to Minjung before she was being pushed away.

The ride home was filled with awkward silence. None of them said a word, both were lost in their own world.

Minjung did not know what made Donghae so angry. The last thing she remembered was that they were still doing fine.

And Donghae himself did not know what made himself so angry either.