Chapter 7

BitterSweet Love

Donghae shook his head hardly and tried to adjust his eyes to the sudden brightness when the cloth from his eyes was finally removed from him.

His mouth was plastered, and both of his hands and legs were tied securely.

He immediately looked around for the two women, and each was placed on either on his side.

Both of them were looking at him with their fearful eyes, and their conditions were no better than him.

Just then, a couple of guys came into the room and the three sat up anxiously.

One moved forward and removed the tape from Donghae's mouth harshly.

"What...what do you want?"

Donghae asked in his croaked voice when the last man stepped into the dimly lighted room.

With one look, you would know that he was the leader of the entire gang.

"Money..."

The man in black answered in a short and simple manner before he lighted up a cigarette.

From the way he was acting around them, Donghae knew that this person was not a rookie to these things.

He seemed like an experienced kidnapper and the best thing he could do now was to listen to him now.

"Fine....just don't hurt us.."

Donghae quickly agree and stated calmly.

"I want three million ready in an hour. It's eight now."

The man stated simply and looked at him seriously.

************************************************************

The time ticked passed slowly after the man made a call out to his father.

All eyes were fixed on them all the while and the three fidgeted uneasily.

"So I assume you are Kim Minjung?"

The man squatted to your eye level and lifted your chin suddenly.

"You're pretty..."

He smirked and touched your cheek gently, and you could only squrimed away in fear.

"Don't....don't hurt her..."

You heard Donghae saying and the man darted his eyes to him at once.

"Such a protective husband we got here..."

The man mocked loudly, leading the rest of his guys to laugh along with him.

"So....so who is she...?

The man walked past Donghae and frowned as he stopped his foot in front of Yoona this time.

"Such a pretty face too...."

The man looked at her in lust and scanned her from head to toes.

Yoona backed away in fear and shifted behind Donghae just when the man wanted to touch her further.

"Don't...don't you touch her..."

Donghae repeated and his eyes showed rage this time round.

"Oh...now I got it...so this is your wife...and that is your girlfriend. I guess that's the life of a rich man's son to get the best out of both world huh.."

The man laughed loudly and mocked further.

************************************************************

"I guess we had waited long enough young man! Are your old man playing a trick on us?"

The man stood up after an hour passed and eyed at Donghae angrily when there was still no news coming from his father.

"No...he is preparing the cash...but then...he needs more time because of the amount...just...just wait for a while more please..."

Donghae tried to explain and calmed down the raging man.

"I got no such patience...why not one of them just pay for the interest.."

He stated digustingly and pulled you up from the ground suddenly.

You gasped and shook your head hardly as tears fell from your eyes at once.

"Noooo.....please don't hurt her..."

Donghae jumped up with his tied feet and hopped in front of you immediately.

"Then she will replace her then.."

Another man grabbed Yoona before she gave a yelp and stood her head firmly.

"No....she can't...please...no..."

Donghae hopped towards her anxiously this time.

Just before he wanted to say further, the man received the call he had been waiting at last.

************************************************************

"We got to run, you hear?"

Donghae mouthed to the two when they were left with only two men who was on the verge of falling asleep.

The rest had went out to collect the ransom and it was the best time they could escape.

They started undoing each other's rope without any noises and stood on their feets quickly.

You tip-toed to the door as quietly as you could, followed by Donghae, then Yoona.

You opened the door successfully but it was unfortunate that Yoona's feet hit an empty can carelessly at this moment.

The two men looked up in your direction at once and sprinted up from the seats.

"Run..."

It was the last thing you heard before Donghae pulled you and Yoona along with him.

************************************************************

You held your chest in pain in the midst of running and fell to the ground after some time.

Donghae tried to pull you up but you shook your head and withdrew your hand from him.

"I can't make it further...you guys just leave without me..."

You stated weakly and panted heavily.

You had a serious asthma since young and there was no way you could carry on running for so long.

"They are chasing up oppa...we got to run..."

Yoona reminded and shook Donghae's hand firmly.

"No...I can't leave you here alone...come on...you can make it..."

Donghae insisted and he tried to pull you from the ground once more.

You shook your head and clutched your chest which was throbbing in pain even tighter.

"Let me carry you.."

He added on quickly and pulled you onto his back in a swift.

************************************************************

You did not know how long the three of you had ran before you came in front of the sea.

Donghae put you on the ground and started working on the raft.

He led Yoona on it first followed by you.

He was the last to step in but the side of the raft started sinking the moment he stepped his foot on it.

He quickly remove his foot in order to keep the raft in balance.

He tried again but it seemed like that there was no way the raft could support the weight of the three of them.

"Listen to me, you girls just leave first and tried to get help okay?"

He stated and looked at Yoona before turning to me.

"Noooo..."

The two of us said in unison.

"There is no time for this right now...just leave..."

Donghae added on and tried to move the raft before you jumped down from it quickly.

"We are not leaving without you..."

You stated firmly.

"Please Minjung!! There is no time for this. Just go..."

Donghae frowned and tried to get you up on the raft again.

"We can try another way...you get on the raft first followed my me...I am lighter then you and it might just work..."

You suggested.

Not suspecting anything, Donghae got on first and he was about to turn around to get you before you gave the raft a hard push suddenly.

The raft moved a distance away from the land quickly, partly due to the push you gave as well as the heavy current.

"What are you doing, Kim Minjung!!! You told me we are getting on this together.."

Donghae shouted anxiously but the raft drifted further and further away from the land.

"Live on well with her oppa..."

You muttered and gasped when the two men caught up with you finally.

************************************************************