Chapter 12

BitterSweet Love

everland-entrance.jpg

"So here we are...."

Donghae announced proudly as he pushed Minjung to stop at the main entrance.

They were standing in front of Everland finally, after a long car ride.

He had spent a lot of time and effort trying to talk the doctor around before he was given the green light to bring her out from the hospital for a couple of hours.

"Shall we head in now?"

He asked and looked at Minjung who was still staring at the place with great anticipation.

She nodded earnestly without looking at him and he could only chuckle at the sight of the childish her.

***********************************************************

10046531.jpg

"It's so beautiful..."

Minjung clasped both of her hands and stated excitedly.

Each and every of the small little things inside the amusement park amazed her greatly, and she was just like a little girl who was brought out by her parents on the very first trip.

"Are you that excited to come here?"

Donghae teased as he continued to push her around the vicinity.

"Of course I do...I have been wanting to come here even in my dreams..."

Minjung said honestly as she took out her handphone at this time, busy snapping photos.

"Didn't you come here before when you were young?"

He frowned and asked curiously.

Well, he had always thought that everyone as a kid should have at least visited an amusement park before, at least to him.

"Never. Ap-pa and om-ma had always been busy working...they used to tell me we will be going on the very next weekend...but that weekend never seem to come..."

She shook her head and replied softly.

Somehow, Donghae could sense the loneliness in her words.

She must have been a lonely child when she was young.

"Well....you can always come here on your own when you were older right?"

He added on and probed.

"I wish I could...but....my health started to fail me...I have a serious asthma and there was no way my parents would allow me to come here..."

Minjung turned around and gave him a sad smile.

It then struck him why she was unable to run with him when both of them were kidnapped the last time.

***********************************************************

"Awwww...."

Both of them sighed at the same time when she missed the last hoop on the cone at one of the game stall.

Just one more hoop and she could have carried it back.

She looked longingly at the teddy bear that was placed at the highest counter, and it was a pity that she was not able to win it back home.

"Do you want to have another try?"

Donghae asked kindly and she shook her head slightly.

She had wasted far too much time and money at this stall already.

He nodded and both of them proceeded to other places.

"Don't walk away and wait for me here...I'm going to the gents..."

Donghae reminded and wheeled her to a safe spot after a while.

***********************************************************

BigSweetTeddyV2.jpg

Minjung stared at her hands blankly, still a little disappointed over the loss of the teddy bear.

Just then, she got a surprise when something appeared in front of her eyes suddenly.

It was the bear.

It was the same one she wanted so badly from the stall.

"How....?"

She trailed off after she saw Donghae appearing behind it at last.

"Come on...take it....my hands are getting tired..."

He stated before he started swinging the bear in front of her.

"You shouldn't have bothered..."

Minjung bit her lips and looked at him awkwardly.

Was it childish of her to want a teddy bear at her current age?

"Really? Then shall I give it to someone else?"

He joked and was about to take it back from her before she hugged on it possessively.

***********************************************************

549310_369946843043297_103393059698678_9

"Are you tired?"

Donghae asked in concern as he took her back to the hospital.

Minjung shook her head but nevertheless gave a slight yawn.

"Let me help you to the bed..."

He lifted her up from the wheelchair before she could reply.

Her heart skipped a beat immediately at the sudden closeness and she blushed slighty.

She had never been this close with him before, not even when both of them were lying on the same bed.

"Are you okay...?"

Donghae asked as he waved his hand in front of her when she seemed to be in a daze.

His handphone rang at this time, and he gave her an awkward look before walking away to answer in a corner.

It was obvious who he was talking to and her high spirits was dampened at once.

"Don't be such a fool Kim Minjung! He is only taking a pity on you!"

She mumbled sadly.

***********************************************************