Chapter 10

BitterSweet Love

Minjung opened her eyes slowly and she tried to adjust to the sudden brightness in the room.

She looked around at the unfamiliar surrounding which were all white in color.

She closed her eyes again and tried to recall what had happened.

Bit and pieces of her memories started coming back to her before she shifted a little in her position.

"Ouch...."

She bit her lips and groaned in pain which made her stopped immediately.

Some talking from the outside caught her attention at this time before she saw Donghae coming into the ward.

"Min....Minjung...you are awake....!!!"

She saw Donghae breaking into a huge grin before coming over to her quickly.

"Where am I...?"

Her voice croaked badly when she asked weakly.

"You are in the hospital and you had slept for four days already.."

Donghae explained patiently.

"I....I'm still alive...?"

Minjung asked innocently.

Her question brought a chuckle from Donghae instantly and he looked at her amusingly.

"Of course you are silly....and you are going to get well very soon..."

Donghae added on confidently.

***********************************************************

Minjung tried to sit up after some time and Donghae helped her up immediately.

Her upper body hurts like hell when she moved but she found it weird when she did not feel anything on her legs.

She tried moving her legs, but they stayed rooted on the bed.

She hitted on them for a few times, but then, it was just strange that she felt nothing.

"My legs....what's wrong with my legs...?"

Minjung asked catiously before she looked at Donghae.

He did not answer her but sat beside her bed instead.

"Look Minjung....listen to me....."

Donghae took her hands which made her looked at him in surprise.

His reaction just told her that something bad had happened to her.

"Am I....am I paralysed...?"

Minjung asked softly.

"No...of course not....it's only temporary...you will be able to walk soon..."

Donghae stated quickly and gave her a smile.

"I can't....I can't walk anymore...?"

She mumbled and she looked away from him this time.

"It's only for now Minjung....you will recover soon......"

Donghae tried to assure but it seemed like she was not listening to him at the moment.

***********************************************************

"Minjung...Minjung...."

Donghae called a few times anxiously when she did not gave him a response.

She was brought back to reality and tears just dropped down from her eyes unknowingly.

She wiped them quickly with the back of her hands, but Donghae saw it nevertheless.

"I'm sorry..."

Donghae stated apologetically.

She would not land herself into this state if not for him.

"It's not your fault..."

He heard her saying softly and she gave him a forceful smile.

It was not the usual one he saw before, and it just made him feel guiltier.

"Cry if you need to Minjung...."

Donghae said and looked at her seriously.

He knew it was a great blow to her, and he knew how bad she was feeling right now.

His words brought tears to Minjung immediately, and she lowered her head slowly.

Her shoulders shook uncontrollably, and it was not long before soft sniffing could be heard from her.

Donghae took both of her hands and wrapped it around his waist before he pulled her into a tight embrace gently.

"Cry all you need to...I'll be here with you.."

Donghae whispered and rested his chin on the top of her head, before he wiped away his falling tears.

***********************************************************