Chapter 14

BitterSweet Love

tumblr_me4wsk99lw1qcxwnto1_1280.jpg

It had been almost a month since Minjung had been discharged from the hospital.

Donghae had wanted to keep his parents-in-law informed of what happened to their daughter, but Minjung made him promised that he would not tell as she did not want them to be worried over her.

Both of them had a hard time trying to adjust to the days she had to move around in her wheelchair at first, but thing started to get a little better when Donghae engaged a professional care giver to take care of her daily needs.

"You should not be doing all these....."

Minjung looked up the moment she heard the familiar voice.

Donghae had knocked off for the day and his face soon frowned when he saw her placing the dishes on her laps.

Even though he was glad that she had picked herself up from the fact that she could not move around freely, but still, he did not wish that she overworked herself with all the cooking.

"It's nothing Donghae...I'm done here..."

She gave a small chuckle as she wheeled herself to the dining area before she put all the dishes on the table.

"You should be resting instead of preparing dinner....you can leave all these to the domestic helper...."

Donghae nagged again as he quickly helped her out in setting up the table.

"You know she can't really cook well yea..."

Minjung reminded as she looked at Donghae teasingly.

He was instantly reminded how he nearly spit out the dishes when she tried to cook them a decent meal just the other day.

And yes, the new helper did not even know how to differentiate between salt or sugar he guessed.

"Well, I could pack some food back...you don't have to do every dinner yourself..."

He pointed out.

"I wonder who had been complaining that outside food are super unhealthy..."

Minjung retorted before she giggled playfully.

In fact, Donghae never fail to complain every time he packed some food back for the two of them.

"When did you get this sharp-tongue?"

Donghae knocked on her forehead gently before he pinched on her nose.

The initial akwardness between them seemed to vanish after Minjung opened herself to him completely.

"Anyway...I will start to make dinner every night starting from today..and you are in charge of coming back to swipe up all the food..."

Minjung announced firmly.

Their eyes met unintentionally at this time and they quickly looked away in embarrassment at once.

Yoona's words rang in his mind repeatedly at the moment and he had promised her that he would talk to Minjung at the appropriate timing.

And it seemed like a good opportunity now.

"Minjung-arh..."

Donghae called as he stirred his bowl of soup slowly.

"What?"

She looked up and waited for him to continue.

"I...you know....we..."

Donghae soon found himself suttering the moment his eyes met her.

Whatever he planned to say to her initially just got swallowed back into his throat the moment he looked at her eyes.

She was far too innocent and kind for him to hurt her.

"What's wrong?"

Minjung probed when he remained silence for a while.

"Nothing....I just want to say...tuck in now before I finish all up..."

He gave her a loud chuckle before he scooped another big mouthful of dishes into his bowl.

"You're such a big bully...Lee Donghae..."

Minjung pouted adorably before she gave him a shy smile.

***********************************************************