Chapter 4

BitterSweet Love

mqdefault.jpg

You opened your eyes slowly, only to be greeted by his sleeping view right in front of you.

You could feel your heart skipping a few beats again, as it was seldom you could wake up seeing something like this everyday.

He looked kinda adorable when he was all curled up like a puppy, and he looked so angelic with his eyes closing like this.

He was slightly snoring softly, and you could not help but to smile knowing that he was enjoying his sleep well.

It was one of the few nights you had ever slept so well, and you thought it was because you knew he was not far away from you.

You reached out your hand unknowingly wanting to touch that flawess skin of his, but you held back at the last minute in fear that you might wake him up.

Your thought was soon broken when you saw him stirring slightly, and you quickly shut your eyes pretending to be still sleeping.

You felt him sitting up on the bed after stretching himself, and you took a peek at him again when he sat back facing you.

He turned around to look at you suddenly, and you quickly shut your eyelids again.

Yo felt something warm thrown over your body and you opened your eyes slowly after you heard him walking out of the room.

It was a quilt, and he had just covered you with his quilt.

************************************************************

Donghae shook his head after he saw you slightly shivering on the bed.

Who would sleep in an air-conditioned room without anything covering themselves?

He thought you were the only silly one who would let him have the blanket all by himself for the entire night.

And to think you did not even take another one from the room to keep yourself warm.

Sometimes, he was really amused by your silliness.

He could feel you were an attentive girl, but all your attentiveness was only on others rather than yourself.

To be honest, he doesn't hate you at all.

He knew you were a nice girl.

But then, he could not afford to treat you well.

He had to play a bad guy so that you could give up on him sooner.

But what he never expected was that you actually accepted whatever he always do to you, and to think you did not even make any noise with regards to Yoona.

But then, it was a pity that Yoona was the only woman he loved.

And you had already promised him that you would file for a divorce one year later after your marriage with him.

************************************************************

A few months passed and Donghae was back to his usual self after your parents went back to the States.

He never slept with you in the same room again of course, and he even missed coming home on some occasion.

Looking at the calender in his study room, your heart wrenched in pain when you saw him counting down to the days you would filed for a divorce with him officially.

It seemed like you had fail to make him like you just a little bit even after so long.

You were still holding on to a last bit of hope down in your heart that he would change his mind by the time, but then, you knew you were just fooling yourself.

He had been counting down each day right from the start of your marriage with him, and the fact that he had treat you so coldly just proved you right.

Your eyes stopped at the black file that was shoved in a hidden corner behind the calender.

You took it up and realized that it was the major project Donghae had been working on it for months.

If you did not remember wrongly, he shhould be having an important meeting with this major client this morning

But then, what is the black file still doing here in the study room?

************************************************************

"Get the driver to bring me to Donghae's office now...."

You told your helper quickly as you came running down from the stairs.

You knew he must have forgotten to take the file with him.

It was one of his major project and you knew he could not afford any mistake.

"But Missy, there is a big typhoon warning. Most of the roads are blocked now..."

Your helper informed.

"But I need to send this to him no matter what....just go..."

You insisted and the helper went to get the car ready much to her dismay.

************************************************************

image.jpeg

Your heart soon sank when you saw the time ticking away as your car was stuck in a major heavy traffic jam.

Trees had fallen all over the ground and the rain was so heavy that you could hardly see the road outside.

"I will just take off from here....you can make you way back now..."

You told the driver after a while and you took the brolly from the back of the car.

"But Missy, it's too dangerous for you to walk on the streets now..."

Your driver stated worriedly at once.

"I will be fine...you take care too.."

You gave him a small smile and you opened the car door quickly.

************************************************************