Chapter 3

BitterSweet Love

"So tell me....have Donghae been treating you well?"

Your mother asked when both of you settled down in the master bedroom while the men were chatting outside.

"Well...of course he does..."

You avoided her eyes quickly and let out a nervous chuckle.

"Really? But I feel that it's always you who is taking care of the boy. He doesn't seem to pay too much attention on you..."

She frowned and patted the back of your hands worriedly.

Was he that obvious that he did not care a teeny bit of you?

You thought in sorrow and your eyes teared instantly, but you held it back quickly.

You were their only daughter and you knew how worried they would get if they came to know what was happening between the two of you.

"I'm his wife omma! Of course I should be taking care of my husband. I see you doing the same to ap-pa isn't it? And Donghae....he takes really good care of me too...just that...he could get a little shy in front of people at times...that's why he doesnt show too much affection on me..."

You quickly explained and forced out a smile.

************************************************************

tumblr_m90j88ExLm1qeu8qgo1_1280.jpg

You were interrupted when Donghae came out of the bathroom after his shower, wearing only a pair of black pants.

It was seldom that you saw this sight of him and you blushed at once.

"Mother-In-Law..."

He greeted shyly as came up to the two of you.

You flushed further at the sudden close contact, and you placed your eyes everywhere in the room except on him.

The atmosphere became so awkward suddenly and you saw your mother looking at the two of you strangely.

"You....you better dry your hair in case you catch a cold..."

You stuttered uneasily and took over his white towel quickly.

You saw him looking taken aback when you made him sit on the bed, and you helped him to dry his dripping wet hair gently.

After all, you did not want your mother to suspect something was fishy between the two of you.

"Alright...I shall not take up your time further...I'm retiring in for the day..."

Your mother finally announced after a while and stood up from the couch.

"Good night Mother-In-Law...."

Donghae stood up and bowed hastily.

"Good night son. I'm glad to see the two of you being so loving. Keep it this way arraso? I have only this daughter and I hope you can take care of this little girl of mine on behalf of us..."

Your mother smiled at Donghae warmly and took his hand to place it over yours.

You looked at him in embarrassment while he stared back at you with uneasiness as well.

You were silently praying that he would not withdrew his hand to make your mother suspect anything now, and you finally rested your mind when he just smiled back at her.

His hand were big and firm, over yours, and it touched your heart warmly.

It was the first time he touched you like this, and you could feel your tears b at the side of your eyes again.

************************************************************

64634068.jpg

You saw him yawning for the umpteen times and he dozed off on the couch a few times earlier on.

You knew he was waiting for your father and his to end their chat so that he could sleep in the study room, but then, the two men did not seem to have any intention of ending their talk anytime from now.

"Why don't you have the bed? I can go to the study room..."

You offered kindly and broke the silence at last.

You were surprised when he did not reject your suggestion as usual and he jumped onto the giant bed at once.

You came down from the bed quickly, knowing that he never like to share the same place with you.

You were about to walk out when you heard some mumbling from him.

"Just stay put here if they aren't done yet. The bed is big enough for two..."

You heard him saying unclearly as he stuffed his head on the pillow comfortably.

You stared at his back in surprise, as it was the first time he ever talk to you nicely.

"I had enough trouble already! Don't create more for me..."

He added on and your heart sank once again.

************************************************************