Timeless

Calamity of the Shadows

     Everyone was relieved to see Kyuhyun awake. His breathing had been improving since he sat up and he didn't seem to be in as much pain. You hoped it would stay like that. Hee Young began removing the old bandages and you all were shocked to discover that the cuts had already begun to heal. It was strange that there was already such a huge difference from when he was first injured, but no one questioned it.

When she removed the bandage from the large gash that bled continuously before, it had reduced to a small scar.

"Wow. What was in that alcohol you put on it?" Donghae joked.

Suddenly, a loud crash and foot steps were heard from the level above you. Everyone looked up and saw a small piece of the cieling crumble to the ground.

"We have to get out of here." Siwon said.

Kangin and Shindong helped Kyuhyun off the bed and out the door, which didn't take much as he could pretty much walk fine now aside from a slight limp.

You all left the room and just as you were about to open the front entrance doors, the room you were previously in came caving in with a small fire spreading over the pile of reckage.

Everyone rushed out the door and across the street. When you were at a safe distance, you all turned around in time to see half of the hospital engulfed in flames and collapsing to the ground. Everyone stared. It happened so suddenly that no one had enough time to process it. Just then, out of the corner of your eye, you saw something run out from the burning building. Three animals that looked like large dogs and bears combined. You watched them run off before turning back to the hospital, or the pile of burnt bricks and wood that once was the hospital.

"What happens if one of us gets injured again?" Henry asked, upset.

"That won't happen. No one will get hurt again because we'll stay together from now on." Leeteuk said while giving a look to Heechul and Kyuhyun who turned away from the leader with guilty expressions.

Everyone nodded. You all started walking.

"Where to now?" Eunhyuk asked.

"My house is just down the street. We could stop there and try to figure some things out." Soo Min said.

You all made your way to Soo Min's house and settled into her kitchen.

"Anyone else hungry?" Kyuhyun asked.

Everyone was, so you all picthed in to make some kind of meal for 19 people, which was difficult. But while you did so, everyone was able to forget the predicament they were currently in and acted like friends, laughing, joking and just having fun. By the end, everyone was satisfied and happy.

"Did anyone figure out what that voice told us? I've been thinking about it but nothing's come to me." Leeteuk said.

"Well, I thought that the 'light meets the shadow in our world' part could explain why it's always dusk here." you responded.

"That's good. It's something." Kibum replied.

"Why dusk though?" Jin Ae questioned. "Why not night or morning?"

You all thought for a moment before Heechul spoke up.

"I think it's to make this a billion times more confusinng than it already is." he complained.

Everyone rolled their eyes.

"Thank you, Captain Derp!" Jin Ae retorted.

"Yah!" Heechul yelled.

Everyone laughed.

"What is dusk, again?" Zhou Mi asked.

"The time of day when it turns from evening to night. When the sun is just disappearing at the same time the moon is just coming up." Kyuhyun answered.

"When the light meets the shadow..." you said quietly.

"What, Hye Yoon?" Sungmin asked.

"Dusk is when the light meets the shadow and that's when this place is accessible." you said in a spirited manner.

"Everything here is opposite. So if the entrance to this place is during dusk then-" Yesung began.

"What's the opposite of dusk?" Hankyung asked.

"Dawn!!" you yelled. "The opposite of dusk is dawn!"

"So to get out of here...we have to turn the dusk to dawn!" Ryeowook shouted joyfully.

"But...how do we do that?" Kibum asked quietly.

Yes, how do you turn dusk to dawn in a place where there is no time?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Getting more info now, huh? I hope you're still enjoying this series. It's so different from most fanfics that I'm still kind of sceptical about it. Anyway, just a note, I start school tomorrow ('-.-) so I probably won't be updating as much but I will try to add more chapters when I can! Enjoy! :)