Relaxation

Calamity of the Shadows

     You don't know when you fell asleep or for how long you'd been asleep but when you woke up you felt really drowsy and sluggish. You looked out the hospital window to see if the sun had come up, but you were only met with dusk. You frowned and groaned as you stood up. Everyone else was still asleep. Soo Min still lay in Donghae's arms. You don't know why, but this made you smile lightly.

You walked over to Kyuhyun to see if he had improved at all. His breathing had gotten better, it wasn't normal, but it was better. That's what mattered the most. You replaced the old gauzes with new ones and cleaned the dried blood from his skin. When you were done you felt a bit better than you had a few hours ago. You walked over to the window and peered outside. It looked exactly like your own world, but it was completely different.

Since you had some spare time you decided to try to figure out part of the riddle the creepy voice told everyone.

'You learn as you progress and use the knowledge you gain to move toward your future.' you ran through your head.

'Well, we learned to not seperate and argue. That's something, I guess.'

You moved onto another part, as the last one was easy.

'But even they can only enter this world at the time the light meets the shadow in your world.'

"Hmm...I guess that refers to the neverending dusk." you said aloud.

"What?" someone said behind you.

You spun around and saw Yesung standing behind you rubbing his tired eyes.

"Oh, sorry."
"It's fine. I'm a light sleeper." he said with a small smile.
"How's Kyuhyun?" he asked.
"Fine. His breathing's gotten better."
"That's good." he yawned.

You felt somewhat nervous with just the two of you, but didn't show it. You'd never really talked to the members alone before so this was a little strange.

You heard a groan from the other side of the room and saw Sungmin opening his weary eyes.

"What time is it?" he asked drowsily.

"You tell me. It's nothing but dusk out there." you said. "Plus, the clocks and our watches don't work."

"Oh yeah..." he groaned.

After a while everyone was awake. Soo Min and Donghae were startled to wake up in each others arms, so they quickly veered away from each other and kept their distance, blushes creepying onto their cheeks. Everyone chatted in friendly but semi-depressed tones and tried to forget about where they were for the time being. But you felt guilt overflowing from your chest. It felt like you were going to either crumble to pieces of burst out any second.

You stared at the ground and kept your mouth shut so as not to cry out. That didn't last long when you felt your voice break out of your throat and burst through your lips.

"I'm sorry..." you blurted out.

Everyone turned to you, confusion on their faces.

"For what?" Leeteuk asked gently.

"It's my fault we're here..." you weeped, tears already rolling down your cheeks without warning. You felt your knees go weak.

Everyone looked at you in disbelief.

"What? Where did that come from? It's not like you wished for this to happen, no one did. It's no ones fault." Jin Ae said.

"But if I-" you were stopped by a sob blocking your voice. Your legs failed you and you felt yourself collapsing to the ground.

Hee Young pulled you into a hug before your could fall. You couldn't speak. The tears kept coming and prevented you from talking.

"Listen..." Hee Young started. Leeteuk continued before she could finish. "It doesn't matter who this place was targeting. We're all here and we'll all figure something out to get home."

"Don't beat yourself up. It happened. You can't rewind time. I don't plan on staying here for much longer, so we'll get back somehow. All right?" Heechul said in a trying-to-be-encouraging voice.

You nodded weakly and pulled away from Hee Young. You sat against the wall and turned away from everyone. This place can really make people crack if they target the right point. But what they said was right, we'll get out of here, eventually.

Everyone sat in silence.

'Thank you...' you thought hoping they would hear it somehow.

Suddenly, a groan was heard from behind you. You quickly looked towards Kyuhyun, as did everyone else. You all dashed up and ran to the bed. Kyuhyun slowly opened his eyes. He tried to sit up but fell back against the bed in pain.

"Yah! Be careful! I just stitched those cuts!" Hee Young warned. Kyuhyun looked at the poorly mended injuries and smiled weakly.

"Sitching? Thank god you didn't attempt surgery...or I'd be dead for sure." he said, his voice coarse.

Everyone smiled. Kyuhyun tried sitting up again, a look of pain on his face. He fought it off and leaned back against the pillow. He was strong. He was alive.

You felt hope fill the room and knew that everyone was right. You were going to get out of here.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry that this chapter was mainly fluff. I tried to make it interesting but failed. So I apologize. Enjoy! :)