Dying to Live

Calamity of the Shadows

"You okay Hye Yoon ah?" Henry asked. Everyone looked concerned.
"Yeah...I'm fine. Just a bit overwhelmed." you said as you rubbed your eye, secretly trying to keep the tears back. Crying would get you nowhere.
"You sure? You were mumbling a lot. Something about cherishing and...salvation?" Sungmin looked at you with a worried and questioning expression.
"Oh..." you frowned. They had heard all that. "I just had a...chat with that voice." you trid to say it as casually as you could.
"What'd it say?" Heechul grumbled, not at all happy with that information.
"It..." you couldn't tell them. But if you didn't, you'd never get out of here. If you stayed here any longer, this world would surely find a way to kill them, and you didn't think it would be a simple "pass on in your sleep" way either. You couldn't watch any of them suffer like Donghae did. What could you tell them?

"It told me how to get out of here." good start.
"Really?!" Ryeowook exclaimed. "Just like that?" you nodded.
"How?" Eunhyuk asked eagerly. Everyone looked at you with anxious eyes.

'Think Hye Yoon.' you thought to yourself. 'What do I tell them? "To get out of here you have to suffer the pain of death just like Donghae did?!" I can't tell them that! Think. Come on! Think!'

"We have to..." you began, but stopped.
"What? What's wrong?" Hee Young asked.
"You know how dusk is basically going from light to dark?" Everyone nodded suspiciously. "Well, then that means dawn is going from dark to light, the opposite. All this time we've been following light into the darkness; staying in the dusk."
"How're we doing that?" Soo Min asked, confused.
"By living...the longer we stay alive here, the further into the dark we're going, the light is vanishing behind us. Even now." you hoped that sounded as gentle as you tried to make it, but telling people they have to die can be considered harsh by most standards.
"So...we have to..." Hankyung looked terrified. Everyone did, the eagerness completely drained from their faces.

There was along silence.

"How?" Leeteuk said. You all looked at him. He looked back with a serious expression.
"How are we gonna do it?" he asked again.
"Leeteuk hyung..." Siwon said.
"What? If that's the only choice we have...then we have to make it as fast and painless and possible. Unless someone has any other idea on how to get out of here." he sounded depserate, but you didn't exactly expect him to sound entusiastic.

"We could go back to Soo Min's house where that black mist is." Jin Ae suggested.
"And ened up coughing out all the blood from our bodies and be covered in those black veins? No thanks. It was bad enough to watch that happen to Donghae hyung." Kyuhyun protested.
"Well, we're not getting mauled by those beasts that almost killed you!" she yelled in defense.
"If only they did..." Kyuhyun said under his breath as he looked at the poorly stitched wounds covering his arms. Soo Min heard and put her hand on his back.

You all sat in silence. This wasn't exactly anything anyone wanted to ever think about. How to die. Then it hit you. Maybe you didn't have to die. At least not exactly. Everything has a weakness, why shouldn't this place? Why shouldn't it's ruler? The mist couldn't get through the closed door. The beasts couldn't attack a large group of people. Their had to be a weakness somewhere. You just had to find it.

"Anyone know how to kill death?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's a little short. I did say I had a small case of writers block. (I still kind of do ;[) But I hoped you enjoyed anyway. :)